Is That Official 2012-11-07

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Opus the Poet

Is That Official 2012-11-07

Post by Opus the Poet »

Yep, bored again. can't work on projects because the noise disturbs the inmates/roommates... Latest project is turning a Friday the 13th Halloween mask into a winter face mask to keep my face warm while I ride my bicycle to work/church. I cut the top off the mask to not catch my helmet, added hardware to hold an old pair of glasses to the mask so I could see, and some foam rubber baffles to the inside of the mask to keep my hot, humid breath from fogging the glasses. Then I took it all apart and painted everything that wasn't glasses or foam, gloss black.

Still no new comic?

So with everything painted black I no longer look like the guy in the hockey mask, but I'm still pretty scary. And warm, that's the important part, it does keep the wind off my face and keeps me from getting cold as fast... I look like a low-budget Darth Vader though.

It's 0135, where's the comic...

So for a total cost of $3.24 for the mask and the rest of the supplies coming from previous project leftovers I managed to get this all done for a song. The song is Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D Minor, but what the heck, it's still a song, right?

I've worn out the F5 key, I'm having to do the <shift><ctrl><r> to get the page to update. The bad thing about it is I only write a sentence every 90 second to 2 minutes so I can go back to the home page and hit refresh again to see if the new comic is up yet. And it's still showing the same guy with the leaky pen in his pocket shouting at the vamps, and chugging Pepto... OK I'm really bored now... Time is 0148.

Does Paul ever sleep? That might be how he knows so much about the supernatural world, he's one of them :ugeek: :shock: And I'm starting to get a little loopy because I didn't eat enough today and it's starting to come up on 0200, which starts to put me awake for 19 hours and counting.

And the comic is up at 0154, and it's a doozy. Lily does not look happy about the victims. Not a pretty way to go...
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
davids4250

Re: Is That Official 2012-11-07

Post by davids4250 »

I like Lily. Kinda like the Chief, too.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

I like Suzie.

She and Monica (and quite possibly Bud) ought to hit it off well, actually.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Opus the Poet wrote:Lily does not look happy about the victims. Not a pretty way to go...
Well. At least they were found.

As for McBride's punishment - because we all know it's coming - the pair of them get removed from Missing Persons/Homocide, and transferred to whichever department they're in now. Pratt gets dragged along because she's the only vampire who can stand being McBride's partner.
Last edited by MerchManDan on Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

davids4250 wrote:I like Lily. Kinda like the Chief, too.
I agree. Lily cares. I'm guessing she's younger with more modern sensibilities than Suzie. And I like Da Chief because despite everything life has done to beat him down and all the crap he's seen (and considering he has two vampires as agents he has seen some crap) he seems to have remained a good man. His main concern was saving lives, as was Lily's. I'm looking forward to learning more about these three.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

I'm sorry, but I'm now sure Mr. HappyMeal didn't go slowly enough.
Smothering, choking, drowning; closed-in spaces, etc. I didn't know I had become claustrophobic til I had my second MRI, after I had my 'mini' stroke.

'Luckily', now that I require a pacemaker, I can no longer have MRI's. Which is kinda like putting on the 'Iron Mask' and then letting them slide you into a big LOUD mailing tube. "Now don't move for twenty minutes! Or it will ruin the shot and we'll have to do it over!"

Sorry again. I have so many more trigger buttons than I used to.... :(
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

NOTDilbert wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm now sure Mr. HappyMeal didn't go slowly enough.
Smothering, choking, drowning; closed-in spaces, etc. I didn't know I had become claustrophobic til I had my second MRI, after I had my 'mini' stroke.

'Luckily', now that I require a pacemaker, I can no longer have MRI's. Which is kinda like putting on the 'Iron Mask' and then letting them slide you into a big LOUD mailing tube. "Now don't move for twenty minutes! Or it will ruin the shot and we'll have to do it over!"

Well, consider, Meatsnak had the wonderful experience of being eaten and killed, and in that order. I'm betting he was pretty smug, thinking he was about to be arrested where he could play the system for years, trying to get off on technicalities and pleas of insanity. Imagine his smugness dissolving into raw terrror as the cute FBI who trapped him transformed into something out of his worse nightmares. He died in screaming raw terror while be eaten alive. I'd be willing to bet his smugness was what set Suzie off. I personally don't agree with what McBride did, but the bad guy's death did have a certain poetic justice to it.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Boxilar wrote:
NOTDilbert wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm now sure Mr. HappyMeal didn't go slowly enough.

Well, consider, Meatsnak had the wonderful experience of being eaten and killed, and in that order. I'm betting he was pretty smug, thinking he was about to be arrested where he could play the system for years, trying to get off on technicalities and pleas of insanity. Imagine his smugness dissolving into raw terrror as the cute FBI who trapped him transformed into something out of his worse nightmares. He died in screaming raw terror while be eaten alive. I'd be willing to bet his smugness was what set Suzie off. I personally don't agree with what McBride did, but the bad guy's death did have a certain poetic justice to it.
Heh.

Rorschach and the incident that sent him completely over the edge... That guy thought he was gonna surrender and be treated all nicey-nice, too...
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Next posting paranormal clean-up squad. They respond to incidents and tidy up th eloose ends so no one is asking the wrong questions. I wonder how they dealt with the cruise ship covered in 2 meters of snow donated by Monica?
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

How did they handle the snow? the same way they handle every paranormal cleanup "You did not see what you thought you saw, some swamp gas was ignited by the light from Venus. . ." :lol:
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

meisdadoo wrote:How did they handle the snow? the same way they handle every paranormal cleanup "You did not see what you thought you saw, some swamp gas was ignited by the light from Venus. . ." :lol:
Actually you just have to make things unbelievable enough and people will subconsciously ignore them to avoid questioning their sanity. Such as http://wapsisquare.com/comic/what-they-want/

Or there is the opening sequence to Men in Black II, with the ridiculously bad, ultra low budget, program mocking a real event.

Another favorite was in one of the Calihan’s Bar stories, where they hear a clatter of hooves on the roof, and when they look there is a miniature sleigh and 8 tiny reindeer, in July. Turns out it is a space ship. The operator explains that they use to disguise them as crockery, but some people still insisted that they existed, so they had to change to something even more ridiculous.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Stigmartyr762

Post by Stigmartyr762 »

The investigation went sideways on them and now they're covering their asses from the top on down. And the fact that the girls don't find their asses swingin in the wind probably has to do with their "unique" attributes and that the FBI needs agents like them in order to deal with certain situations that normal agents just aren't cut out to handle.
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Boxilar wrote:Well, consider, Meatsnak had the wonderful experience of being eaten and killed, and in that order. I'm betting he was pretty smug, thinking he was about to be arrested where he could play the system for years, trying to get off on technicalities and pleas of insanity. Imagine his smugness dissolving into raw terrror as the cute FBI who trapped him transformed into something out of his worse nightmares. He died in screaming raw terror while be eaten alive. I'd be willing to bet his smugness was what set Suzie off. I personally don't agree with what McBride did, but the bad guy's death did have a certain poetic justice to it.
Actually he must have gone quick. Otherwise Lily would have busted in to investigate the screaming.

Unless, of course, vampires have some kind of paralytic venom.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Opus the Poet wrote:Edited to fit screen and time slotYep, bored again. can't work on projects because the noise disturbs the inmates/roommates... Latest project is turning a Friday the 13th Halloween mask into a winter face mask to keep my face warm while I ride my bicycle to work/church. I cut the top off the mask to not catch my helmet, added hardware to hold an old pair of glasses to the mask so I could see, and some foam rubber baffles to the inside of the mask to keep my hot, humid breath from fogging the glasses. Then I took it all apart and painted everything that wasn't glasses or foam, gloss black.

So with everything painted black I no longer look like the guy in the hockey mask, but I'm still pretty scary. And warm, that's the important part, it does keep the wind off my face and keeps me from getting cold as fast... I look like a low-budget Darth Vader though.

So for a total cost of $3.24 for the mask and the rest of the supplies coming from previous project leftovers I managed to get this all done for a song. The song is Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D Minor, but what the heck, it's still a song, right?
Pictures perhaps?
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

My2Cents wrote:
Boxilar wrote:Well, consider, Meatsnak had the wonderful experience of being eaten and killed, and in that order. I'm betting he was pretty smug, thinking he was about to be arrested where he could play the system for years, trying to get off on technicalities and pleas of insanity. Imagine his smugness dissolving into raw terrror as the cute FBI who trapped him transformed into something out of his worse nightmares. He died in screaming raw terror while be eaten alive. I'd be willing to bet his smugness was what set Suzie off. I personally don't agree with what McBride did, but the bad guy's death did have a certain poetic justice to it.
Actually he must have gone quick. Otherwise Lily would have busted in to investigate the screaming.

Unless, of course, vampires have some kind of paralytic venom.
Oh I'm sure it was quick. But time is relative. He wouldn't have had time to scream as Suzie leapt at him and tore his throat out, but he would have been conscious for several long seconds as she continued to eat him in a rage induced frenzy. He would have died in agony and fear with no ability to fight back against an attacker so much stronger than himself and with even the ability to scream, or even breathe, taken away at the begining of McBride's assault. If you've ever choked on something, fighting for air that won't come, wondering franticly if the last breath you took was indeed your last, you'll know that those last seconds of Meatsnak's were an eternity. After all, they lasted the rest of his life.
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

What do you get when you put "Starsky and Hutch", "NYPDBLUE",+ "Kolchak: The Night Stalker" into a blender? THIS storyline. :like: ;)
sonicthunder

Post by sonicthunder »

Boxilar wrote:
davids4250 wrote:I like Lily. Kinda like the Chief, too.
I agree. Lily cares. I'm guessing she's younger with more modern sensibilities than Suzie. And I like Da Chief because despite everything life has done to beat him down and all the crap he's seen (and considering he has two vampires as agents he has seen some crap) he seems to have remained a good man. His main concern was saving lives, as was Lily's. I'm looking forward to learning more about these three.
I was thinking the opposite regarding not-Brandi and not-Bud (don't hit, I'll stop that joke now). Lily's been around long enough for the 'thrill' of her power and of feasting to become mundane. Suzie is still reveling in the beast, both the pleasures of the blood and the satisfaction of having the power to "right wrongs".

I just took Suzie's inability to resist the impulse to strike as a sign of naivety, while Lily's ability to remember the mission first a sign of experience. Could be wrong though, it is all conjecture after all.

I like the chief too. Hope he exists in some capacity after this flashback, and doesn't spend the rest of Wapsisquare's run chilling with Daren and Owen at the bar.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

MerchManDan wrote:Pratt gets dragged along because she's the only vampire who can stand being McBride's partner.
The Only vampire? There are more, and they can't stand her either?? Interesting thought!!

"Yes, we here in the Vampire squad are more than happy to work with our human counterparts for the benefit of our respective societies. True, it can be awkward at times, but is does work out. And, it would work out much better if a certain somebody would pull her head out of her ass once in a while and remember why we're doing this!! You hear me, Suzi???"

Heh. That part will be wonderful to see.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

"I've been advised to tell you, he walked into a door. A door made of knives and shotguns."
TlalocW

Post by TlalocW »

Well, jwhouk has three names for the reason Suzie went off her diet when he updates the Wapsi Square Cast of Characters he did...
Rorschach
Meatsnak
Mr HappyMeal

From the sounds of it, they probably couldn't have saved the one girl not that they can't be upset about it, which humanizes them a little bit and is probably why the chief is being lenient with them.

TlalocW