For Me 2018-12-16

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
jwhouk

Re: For Me 2018-12-17

Post by jwhouk »

Wait, that's just it. If there was any attraction there between these two, roses would be appearing in Cass's hair. We have yet to see that happen here.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
TheCollector

Re: For Me 2018-12-17

Post by TheCollector »

jwhouk wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:42 pm Wait, that's just it. If there was any attraction there between these two, roses would be appearing in Cass's hair. We have yet to see that happen here.
OR, the roses were more caused by her hormones which at that age were really just starting to ramp up. It's been a year since the rose bush days.

Not saying some attraction wasn't in play as well, just saying, the way your hormones effected you when you were that age probably isn't how they effect you now, or even a year later.

I mean I highly doubt Castela will continue to burst into a rose bush whenever she's attracted to someone in say her late twenties.
Bookworm

Re: For Me 2018-12-16

Post by Bookworm »

Maybe as she learned to self-pleasure, she learned self-topiary?
I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.
Deuce

Post by Deuce »

1) bi people exist, it's a thing
2) finding what you seek in a romantic partner in a platonic friend doesn't always equal a romance
3) why do you like Hiroshi so much?
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Deuce wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:03 am1) bi people exist, it's a thing
We know, we know. Atsali has been shown to be so.

Deuce wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:03 am2) finding what you seek in a romantic partner in a platonic friend doesn't always equal a romance
True, but given the tendencies demonstrated so far in this comic over time, it might still end up going in that direction anyway.

Deuce wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:03 am3) why do you like Hiroshi so much?
A sympathetic character, with an interesting backstory, who seems genuinely nice. What's not to like? There was enough character development done for him that many will feel we have too much "invested" in him to watch him drop off by the wayside...
Drakkenmensch

Post by Drakkenmensch »

We've all felt physical attraction to people we dislike on a personal level, or feel no connection to aside from our groin trying to order us around.

This feels more like a romantic connection rather than physical. Like they've found in each other something missing in their lives.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

lake_wrangler wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:46 pm
Deuce wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:03 am1) bi people exist, it's a thing
We know, we know. Atsali has been shown to be so.

Deuce wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:03 am2) finding what you seek in a romantic partner in a platonic friend doesn't always equal a romance
True, but given the tendencies demonstrated so far in this comic over time, it might still end up going in that direction anyway.

Deuce wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:03 am3) why do you like Hiroshi so much?
A sympathetic character, with an interesting backstory, who seems genuinely nice. What's not to like? There was enough character development done for him that many will feel we have too much "invested" in him to watch him drop off by the wayside...
(Sorry I didn't trim all that down; using a smartphone, as usual...)

How long was Monica with her boyfriend before he got sidelined due to some character we rarely saw decided to say how she felt? We heard he was still alive and still with Bud, but that was still some time ago.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
Akeche

Post by Akeche »

Alkarii wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:15 am How long was Monica with her boyfriend before he got sidelined due to some character we rarely saw decided to say how she felt? We heard he was still alive and still with Bud, but that was still some time ago.
Ugh, don't remind me. That whole thing was a big mess, and I think Kevin was left just as confused as the rest of us.
Deuce

Post by Deuce »

It's just annoying seeing people assume.

Hiroshi to wasn't all that interesting to me once things settled down after his initial reveal. While I agree Kevin was kinda unceremoniously dumped, Hiroshi doesn't really matter to me in the same way. Maybe that's why it doesn't bug me.
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

Deuce wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:48 am It's just annoying seeing people assume.

Hiroshi to wasn't all that interesting to me once things settled down after his initial reveal. While I agree Kevin was kinda unceremoniously dumped, Hiroshi doesn't really matter to me in the same way. Maybe that's why it doesn't bug me.
Maybe it doesn't bug you because he stopped being an insect? :)
I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

The pun jar is humming Bruce's theme from Jaws...
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

We're gonna need a bigger jar...
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Alkarii wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:50 am We're gonna need a bigger jar...
… it was upgraded to a vault almost a decade ago... the NRC has been seen wandering about with Geiger counters and clipboards, taking notes... certain seismic activities have been traced to it. Some of the contents are believed to have become sentient. There have been OSHA complaints from the neighborhood.
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

OSHA?! It's practically a Superfund site now, but as parts are not in this plane of reality the EPA has only limited jurisdiction. :ugeek:
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Opus the Poet wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:36 am OSHA?! It's practically a Superfund site now, but as parts are not in this plane of reality the EPA has only limited jurisdiction. :ugeek:
Practically, nothing, and preliminary reports indicate cooperation between the EPA and the ParaTime Police.

So far the bureaucracies are sufficiently incompatible to prevent a productive union.

We're hoping to manipulate them into an orouboros so, like the Kilkenny Cats, they eat each other up.

--FreeFlier
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

FreeFlier wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:22 am
Opus the Poet wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:36 am OSHA?! It's practically a Superfund site now, but as parts are not in this plane of reality the EPA has only limited jurisdiction. :ugeek:
Practically, nothing, and preliminary reports indicate cooperation between the EPA and the ParaTime Police.

So far the bureaucracies are sufficiently incompatible to prevent a productive union.

We're hoping to manipulate them into an orouboros so, like the Kilkenny Cats, they eat each other up.

--FreeFlier
For the benefit of the uninitiated...

'Twas once there two cats of Kilkenny-
Each thought there was one cat too many-
so they spat and they spit
and they clawed and they bit
'til except for their nails
and the tips of their tails...

… instead of two cats, there twern't any!
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Sgt. Howard wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:42 pm 'til except for their nails

Actually, I believe that there were some other body parts strewn around, as well.

The eventual conclusion was that the situation was a double catastrophe.
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

Dave wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:16 pm
Sgt. Howard wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:42 pm 'til except for their nails

Actually, I believe that there were some other body parts strewn around, as well.

The eventual conclusion was that the situation was a double catastrophe.
Not a cataclysm?
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Looks like Pablo wants The Collector's money, too...
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

I need to send him some fountain pens and ink. He can use them for the signature, if nothing else.