The Wapsi Square Character and Storyline List

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
GlytchMeister

Re: The Wapsi Square Cast of Characters

Post by GlytchMeister »

jwhouk wrote:Right now, chances are 50/50 as to this little excursion tomorrow. It'll all depend on weather and energy level.
3 mountain dews and an extra-strength 5-hour energy shot can solve one problem.

And there is no such thing as inclement weather, only insufficient clothing and modes of transportation.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

GlytchMeister wrote:And there is no such thing as inclement weather, only insufficient clothing and modes of transportation.
You have never had to ride a bicycle in a hail storm. I was very glad I had a WWII steel pot and liner in the panniers. It saved a lot of wear and tear on my bicycle helmet.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Opus the Poet wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote:And there is no such thing as inclement weather, only insufficient clothing and modes of transportation.
You have never had to ride a bicycle in a hail storm. I was very glad I had a WWII steel pot and liner in the panniers. It saved a lot of wear and tear on my bicycle helmet.
Can't say that I have... but I have, more than once, chosen to ride my bike in a snow storm... :mrgreen:
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Opus the Poet wrote:
Medieval plate armor and earplugs. It even forms an excellent faraday cage around you, making you immune to lightning!

Smite me, O mighty smiter!
I'm too much!
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

A certain team from Nashville has made the prospect of the photo trip difficult. I do want to try to get some coffee at a certain coffee shop,though.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Guess where I am posting this from. Hint: I'm drinking a Caramel high-rise and looking out at the parking lot of a Lunds Grocery store.

(EDIT: Voice dictation doesn't always work well...)
Last edited by jwhouk on Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Dave

Post by Dave »

jwhouk wrote:Guess where I am posting this from. Hint: having I'm drinking a Caramel high-rise and looking out at the parking lot of a Lunds Grocery store.
Well, given that there's a Lund's located within a few hundred feet of Chino Latino, I'd guess that you're in Minneapolis, not far from Hennepin. You're probably within walking distance of the fountain where Eddi encountered the glaestig (if they haven't urban-remodelled it away).

EDIT: gonna guess that it's the Starbucks on 5th Street, about a block away from Nicollet Mall. Keep your eyes peeled for naked golems and/or sphinx-Titan hybrids.

//jealous//
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Close.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

jwhouk wrote:A certain team from Nashville has made the prospect of the photo trip difficult.
I am utterly failing to comprehend what you are talking about and how it works. In other words: Huh?
I'm too much!
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

The Chicago Blackhawks beat the Nashville Predators (hint: I'm wearing a stylized hoodie version of their jersey in the pic) in triple overtime last night. I fell asleep a minute before the game ended - around 1:15 AM CT. :shock:

I still managed to get to Minneapolis, though. Go check out the pics.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Oh. Yeah, I don't really pay attention to sports.
[sarcasm] woo... Go Blackhawks... Yeah...[/sarcasm]
I'm too much!
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

The Omnibus has been updated - all three versions - on PDF format. (Same links as previous - I love Google Docs.)

Added bonus: The Word/Text Versions! EDIT TO ADD: I finally went through and did some spelcheking of the versions, as my fat fingers apparently decided to act on their own at times. Also, though we haven't seen her (or she hasn't been properly introduced), I did add Daylla to the character list. I suspect one of the two girls in this comic is her.
Dave

Post by Dave »

jwhouk wrote:EDIT TO ADD: I finally went through and did some spelcheking of the versions, as my fat fingers apparently decided to act on their own at times. Also, though we haven't seen her (or she hasn't been properly introduced), I did add Daylla to the character list. I suspect one of the two girls in this comic is her.
Since the boy in that strip is clearly of the dog-kind, I'm going to guess that Daylla is his sister (not yet seen on stage) and shares his canine nature.

Daylla, she's got some furry knees.
Daylla, she's beggin', full of fleas.
Daylla, snarling, don't you chase Atsali's kind...

(With apologies to Eric Clapton, Paul, and not least to you, gentle reader!)
louisxiv

Post by louisxiv »

Hmm, not only do I have to log in to Google to get to the drive url, but then I still have to ask for permission?

Edit: using the links from 1 April works fine however. Is there something fishy about the 2 May links?
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

I may not have added premissions to download to the last three links. Lemme take care of that.

Word versions:
Main -
E-book -
Condensed -
Text Version:

I had forgot to turn on "sharing with link". My bad.
louisxiv

Post by louisxiv »

Cool. That's working now.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

On a separate note: By my count, the current "Volume" of Wapsi Square will be ending sometime in mid-June, barring any extended absences.

In case you missed it, here's what my "projections" are beyond the most recently printed tome of WS:
  • Volume 7 - "The Library Annex" (The return of Shelly, Jin's "cure", Euryale's introduction)
  • Volume 8 - "The Companion of the Sphinx"(Shelly's bar fight, Justin's "revelation", Tsillah's introduction, the Island search, Tina "helping" Becky, Connie, Lingerie Ninjas, The Prophecy, Tennis, and Bia)
  • Volume 9 - "Birth of the Jaguar Girl" (Kath walks Oscar, Phix's anger, Cafe U-296, The Beach, Astral Fire, the Vampire Girls, "Only Useful Superpower", Senior Director Oduya, New Sub-Titan, and a face-off.
  • Volume 10 - "Katherine Gilchrist and the Lost Dolls of the Anasazi" (This is the edition I would love to have an autographed version of, by the way, Pablo...)
  • Volume 11 - "The Princess of Gryphon High" (The Model, the Tar, and a Jaguar Girl; School Shopping with the Bear Twins; High School swim class; Show and Scare; "Naive and a pushover" redux; Dancing Fool; Demon Dreams; Bikini Weather; Little Bia; Life Strategies; Atsali hits puberty; Calista's introduction; Castela's background; Jessie's "abdication")
  • Volume 12 - "Holding Up A Mirror" (Everything so far since Georgette went into business with Monica)
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

I have for you all a little treat:

If you ever want to try to duplicate my feat of going on the "Wapsi Square Tour" over in this thread, you can use this handy-dandy little tour guide:

The Wapsi Square Area of Minneapolis

Enjoy!
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

The May "update" of the Omnibus is now available - with two new "characters" in the character list, a new location, and everything up to Poseidon's Niece chewing out the staff at Uncle's pool.

Links are same as before (though I should warn people that I am considering doing some shuffling of my Google Drive; I don't think that will affect links to the documents, though).
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Thanks for keeping the WapsiDex up to date. I could never do something like that. Going into the archives would always turn into a reading binge, and I would forget what I was supposed to be doing.