Let Him Go 2012-11-02

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
illiad

Re: Let Him Go 2012-11-02

Post by illiad »

Yamara wrote:Paul has contributed his share to upending this silliness, as in this scene where after having been given in cruel sacrifice, Monica enjoys awesomsex.
nice, but actually, no... :/ I refer you back to the 'Bathorys Daughter' comment..

subtle hint: try rule34 and your favourite webcomic...
Knighttrap

Post by Knighttrap »

WoW, Vampires don't mess around in Wapsi. None of that Twilight sparkly Glampire crap.
*very much approve*
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Extract of the after action report:

Pratt - Excellent weapon discipline. Finger off the trigger until ready on target.

McBride - Poor prisoner handling methodology. Subdued, searched, and ate suspect. Needs refresher training with focus on the 3rd step.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Jay-Em wrote:
Wyvern wrote:
Wapsi wrote:That's the Beretta 96FS, more knock down power. ;)

"Trigger treat!"
*growls, and points threatingly at the empty Ammo-box currently functioning as pun-jar*
Do you read Sinfest?
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

I guess Suzie took him out for a lunch date.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

"Hi. My name's Suzie, and I rip out people's throats when I lose control..."

Phix, Bia, Bud, Jin, Shelly, other supes: "Hi, Suzie."
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Dave

Post by Dave »

B_Rud wrote:Something tells me he 's not going to do much talking.
And that inconvenient fact could be a reason why the MIB (on behalf of the FBI) might have a current interest in Monica.

With her assistance, dead men could tell tales!

Damned convenient if you have a difficult case on your hands, and the best clues are in the possession of the dearly departed (be they shot, strangled, died peacefully in bed of old age, or were eaten by an overzealous agent who came down all peckish at just the wrong moment).
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

I think I see where this may be going. Pratt and McBride, mostly Suzie "Ate the guy" who knows where captives/ Hostages were being held and need to find them and they can't talk to a dead man....So
This looks like a Job for.... JAGUAR GIRL!!!
Dave

Post by Dave »

Fairportfan wrote:"Hi. My name's Suzie, and I rip out people's throats when I lose control..."

Phix, Bia, Bud, Jin, Shelly, other supes: "Hi, Suzie."
Shades of the wolf, in the Rocky and Bullwinkle respin of Little Red Riding Hood.

"Oh, I've sworn off! I joined Grandmothers Anonymous. And thanks to them, I've got at least a hundred picnic baskets full of goodie..."

KABOOM!!!
Dave

Post by Dave »

TheDOCTOR wrote:I think I see where this may be going.
Grated minds think alike! 8-)
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Atomic wrote:Extract of the after action report:

Pratt - Excellent weapon discipline. Finger off the trigger until ready on target.

McBride - Poor prisoner handling methodology. Subdued, searched, and ate suspect. Needs refresher training with focus on the 3rd step.
It is a REALLY good thing I didn't have anything in my mouth when I read this.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Julie

Post by Julie »

TheDOCTOR wrote:I think I see where this may be going. Pratt and McBride, mostly Suzie "Ate the guy" who knows where captives/ Hostages were being held and need to find them and they can't talk to a dead man....So
This looks like a Job for.... JAGUAR GIRL!!!
Of course the only problem is who to send in to talk to her. Apparently Pratt & McBride can't...the demons won't let them. If this actually is where the story is going, they'll either have to find a way to get the message through the demon "gatekeepers" or MIB would need to send someone else (the Dragon Slayers maybe?).

On the actual comic for today: Man...when McBride falls off the wagon, she really falls off the wagon...hard. :shock:
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Jürgen A. Erhard

Post by Jürgen A. Erhard »

She calls out "FBI", but we don't know if they actually are FBI.

Maybe the MiB are a secret department of the FBI; hiding inside the FBI, so "officially" they can run around as FBI, but they're actually MiB?
Wdot

Post by Wdot »

Bathorys Daughter wrote:So it's the FBI? Huh. Maybe this was before they became MIB (assuming they are). Doesn't seem like the FBI would have known murdering vampires on the payroll. Even reformed ones. I mean, the MIB can clean up this mess, but not likely the FBI. A half eaten body would raise serious suspicions in the Bureau but hardly a mention in MIB. They can't pass it off as the work of animals before they got there if she got the info on the other girls from him first.

Since when do vampires eat people's flesh anyway? When Pratt said not going to eat anyone, she meant EAT anyone. Not just eat as in suck their blood and eat it. I wonder if Pratt was already a vampire at this time? One hopes he already told Suzi where the rest of the girls are before becoming lunch.

The artwork is getting rather grizzly now. It was one thing for the victim to be some sort of goat-like sphinx-animal, but this is a human. Big difference. To me anyway. Odd Paul can't show nipples or genitals, but can graphically show someone being eaten alive? Strange standards these comics have. But then, I've seen and enjoyed a lot worse so who am I to spout off?
Paul is just following the normal US movie rating system. It is not without it's critics.
Nobody died. It's all FX. That's just a mannequin in makeup. This is what I always tell myself when I watch scary movies. I always wonder how long it took to get the gore looking right. How much the FX crew got paid, ect. The real stuff is a lot worse and the smell really messes with you, its why EMTs and emergency workers have the kind of humor they do, because death and destruction is hard on the cleanup crew.
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

Seems like vampires and sphinxes share the same eating habits. So why are vampires like "shitty mosquitoes"?
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Apparently, he would be caught dead wearing those earrings.
TlalocW

Post by TlalocW »

This looks bad, but it still has all the earmarks for a wacky cop/FBI-agent buddy picture.

Boss: McBride and Pratt! In my office. NOW!
Pratt: Yes sir!
McBride: Right away, chief!
Boss: Don't call me chief! Am I to understand that yet another criminal was eaten in yesterday's raid? One that we've spent years compiling evidence against to shut down for good because one of you can't control your sweet tooth?
McBride: Sorry, chief.
Boss: Don't call me chief! I am just a year away from retirement, and I'm not going to have your screwups show up on my 30-year, impeccable record!
McBride: Yes sir, chief!
Boss: DON'T CALL ME CHIEF!
Pratt: Sorry, sir. Is there another assignment for us?
McBride: Good question. I'm hungry.
Boss: PRATT!
Pratt: SUZIE!
McBride: For justice! I meant.. Hungry for justice!
etc.

TlalocW
Prester Fred

Post by Prester Fred »

So this is the kind of incident that warrants a debriefing?
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

Wapsi wrote:
Boxilar wrote:
Also, gun nerd question, is Pratt's gun a 92 or 96?
That's the Beretta 96FS, more knock down power. ;)
Thanks. So that makes this some time after 1990 then. I like the idea of the supernaturals who use guns going for the heavier calibers. Jim Butcher has his White Court vampires running around with .50AE Desert Eagles in the Dresden Files, but there's no way a Offical Goverment Agency would allow thier agents to run around with something like that. (Aside from them being totally impractical as a carry gun. ;) )
TlalocW

Post by TlalocW »

Jay-Em wrote:
Wapsi wrote:
Boxilar wrote:
Also, gun nerd question, is Pratt's gun a 92 or 96?
That's the Beretta 96FS, more knock down power. ;)
Feh.. Beretta's are for squeamish wussy's. Beretta's álways work, and they are pretty precise :roll: . A réal man uses a FN GP 9mm NATO with "KNIL 1939"on the breech. (KNIL=Koninklijk Nederlandsch-Indisch leger =our old, Colonial army, disbanded after Indonesia became independent)

It cóuld fire...or not, or get the jams of all jams after exáctly 5 rounds, évery time.. Makes for a fár more exiting fire-fight. (Ex-conscript, Military Police here. It smashed-in myxomatosis rabbit's skulls pretty good though:P Poor critter.. :( )
Real men use their hands. Also, I like it when power steering goes out randomly when I'm driving. (Insert copious amounts of Tim Allen grunts here)