Let Him Go 2012-11-02

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Mark N

Let Him Go 2012-11-02

Post by Mark N »

Looks like someone just fell off the wagon in a big way.

I hope they have a necromancer so they can ask him where the girls are.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Akeche

Re: Let Him Go 2012-11-02

Post by Akeche »

This is blatantly a flash back, of course.
Wapsi
Site Admin

Post by Wapsi »

Yep, it's a flashback. =)
Stigmartyr762

Post by Stigmartyr762 »

That's not going to look good on the report. O.o
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
B_Rud

Post by B_Rud »

Something tells me he 's not going to do much talking.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Yeah, I can see where this might warrant a few lines on the performance evaluation in the employee dossier.

("Oh, come on, she's a vampire, no one will notice two little puncture wounds!")
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
CraigR

Post by CraigR »

Suzie just loves munching on criminals. Guess she just has a taste for predator meat. :)
Casey

Post by Casey »

That's the problem with vampire cops. When they talk about a "tasty" case, you never know whether they're talking about unique features of the mystery, or the flavor of the suspect.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Um, Pratt could smell Suzie, but not the blood-splashed, half-eaten meatbag? That's one selective sniffer, there....
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

NOTDilbert wrote:Um, Pratt could smell Suzie, but not the blood-splashed, half-eaten meatbag? That's one selective sniffer, there....
Maybe this was where he killed his victims. Pratt might not be able to distiguish one human's blood from another. Or Suzie killed him right at that moment. Lily smelled a human, smelled McBride, and called out to her, trying to get her partner not to kill him. Interesting that they're FBI and not something deeper in the secret parts of the goverment.

Also, gun nerd question, is Pratt's gun a 92 or 96?
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

So it's the FBI? Huh. Maybe this was before they became MIB (assuming they are). Doesn't seem like the FBI would have known murdering vampires on the payroll. Even reformed ones. I mean, the MIB can clean up this mess, but not likely the FBI. A half eaten body would raise serious suspicions in the Bureau but hardly a mention in MIB. They can't pass it off as the work of animals before they got there if she got the info on the other girls from him first.

Since when do vampires eat people's flesh anyway? When Pratt said not going to eat anyone, she meant EAT anyone. Not just eat as in suck their blood and eat it. I wonder if Pratt was already a vampire at this time? One hopes he already told Suzi where the rest of the girls are before becoming lunch.

The artwork is getting rather grizzly now. It was one thing for the victim to be some sort of goat-like sphinx-animal, but this is a human. Big difference. To me anyway. Odd Paul can't show nipples or genitals, but can graphically show someone being eaten alive? Strange standards these comics have. But then, I've seen and enjoyed a lot worse so who am I to spout off?
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
illiad

Post by illiad »

Bathorys Daughter wrote:Odd Paul can't show nipples or genitals, but can graphically show someone being eaten alive? Strange standards these comics have. But then, I've seen and enjoyed a lot worse so who am I to spout off?
yeah, take it to the censorship board... :roll: :roll:

we can see all kinds of violence *on the news*, but nuttin' nice like a beautiful body.... :x :x
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Bathorys Daughter wrote:Since when do vampires eat people's flesh anyway?
*shrug* This is the Wapsi Zone. The truth is stranger than fiction.
Bathorys Daughter wrote:I wonder if Pratt was already a vampire at this time?
If not, then this is one heck of an introduction. Though upon closer inspection, Pratt does have her prominent canines in this scene.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Well, I guess that indirectly answers a question that was raised earlier on: yes, regular people (i.e. non-supernaturals) can see them... (It'd be hard to hold a job at the FBI, such that you bust down people, if said people can't see you...)
Wildcat

Post by Wildcat »

Now *that's* hardly professional!

Wildcat
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

illiad wrote:
Bathorys Daughter wrote:Odd Paul can't show nipples or genitals, but can graphically show someone being eaten alive? Strange standards these comics have. But then, I've seen and enjoyed a lot worse so who am I to spout off?
yeah, take it to the censorship board... :roll: :roll:

we can see all kinds of violence *on the news*, but nuttin' nice like a beautiful body.... :x :x
Welcome to the United States, Ms. Bátoriová. Also, if you see a couple actually enjoying their sexuality in major media over here, they have to die in some gruesome fashion shortly thereafter, because dogmas.

Paul has contributed his share to upending this silliness, as in this scene where after having been given in cruel sacrifice, Monica enjoys awesomsex.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Wapsi
Site Admin

Post by Wapsi »

Boxilar wrote:
That's the Beretta 96FS, more knock down power. ;)
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

Wapsi wrote:That's the Beretta 96FS, more knock down power. ;)

"Trigger treat!"
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

Wapsi wrote:
Boxilar wrote:
That's the Beretta 96FS, more knock down power. ;)
Feh.. Beretta's are for squeamish wussy's. Beretta's álways work, and they are pretty precise :roll: . A réal man uses a FN GP 9mm NATO with "KNIL 1939"on the breech. (KNIL=Koninklijk Nederlandsch-Indisch leger =our old, Colonial army, disbanded after Indonesia became independent)

It cóuld fire...or not, or get the jams of all jams after exáctly 5 rounds, évery time.. Makes for a fár more exiting fire-fight. (Ex-conscript, Military Police here. It smashed-in myxomatosis rabbit's skulls pretty good though:P Poor critter.. :( )

ot:

Wow..okay.. that's álso a way of removing sicko's from society.. Call-in a vampire *hmmm..pondering* A tad messy though
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

Wyvern wrote:
Wapsi wrote:That's the Beretta 96FS, more knock down power. ;)

"Trigger treat!"
*growls, and points threatingly at the empty Ammo-box currently functioning as pun-jar*
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)