Let Him Go 2012-11-02

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Jabberwonky

Re: Let Him Go 2012-11-02

Post by Jabberwonky »

Assorted Spear Carriers wrote: KingKlash:Apparently, he would be caught dead wearing those earrings.
MerchManDan: ...er? *looks again* Well, I'll be darned. Now I'm actually curious about this guy's pathology.
Jabberwonky: I think he's in a vampiric 'tag and track' program...
WDot: Definetly not catch and release...
Well, not THIS time...but he has two previous tags...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

Viewing it again, it looks like Lilly was prepared to shoot Suzi if she didn't let him go. Of course, she then saw it was a bit late for that helping the situation. It probably wouldn't have done anything than temporary good since Suzi would quickly recover, I guess. What it makes me wonder though is, was Lilly in fear for her own life/flesh as well at that moment? Like when Phix went feral, it was best not to get too close or you could end up as a condiment. Likewise, once Suzi goes feral it may be tough for her to stop. She may look at Lilly and think, "dessert!"
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Actually, I think it might not be the guy they're after. The throwdown must have been epic, though.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

OK, I'll bite*: Why do you think McBride has the wrong man, kingklash?

* (drops union-negotiated dental plan into Pun Maw)
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

MerchManDan wrote:OK, I'll bite*: Why do you think McBride has the wrong man, kingklash?

Something's not quite saying Over-The-Top Villain Dispatch to me. While trying not to overthink the panels here, I get a flash not of "Man Holding Girls Hostage", but "One Of The Hostage Girls Isn't Really A Hostage."
Heather_Dee

Post by Heather_Dee »

kingklash wrote:
MerchManDan wrote:OK, I'll bite*: Why do you think McBride has the wrong man, kingklash?

Something's not quite saying Over-The-Top Villain Dispatch to me. While trying not to overthink the panels here, I get a flash not of "Man Holding Girls Hostage", but "One Of The Hostage Girls Isn't Really A Hostage."

Yea, that was my impression too.
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

kingklash wrote:Actually, I think it might not be the guy they're after. The throwdown must have been epic, though.
[waves hand]"You don't need to see his identification. . . . This isn't the guy you're looking for. . . . He can go about his business. . . . Ummmm, well, just move along."
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

kingklash wrote: Something's not quite saying Over-The-Top Villain Dispatch to me. While trying not to overthink the panels here, I get a flash not of "Man Holding Girls Hostage", but "One Of The Hostage Girls Isn't Really A Hostage."
So you saw the note Pablo put up about using his favorite movie trope this week too, hm?
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

jwhouk wrote:
kingklash wrote: Something's not quite saying Over-The-Top Villain Dispatch to me. While trying not to overthink the panels here, I get a flash not of "Man Holding Girls Hostage", but "One Of The Hostage Girls Isn't Really A Hostage."
So you saw the note Pablo put up about using his favorite movie trope this week too, hm?
I didn't see the note... care to link?
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

lake_wrangler wrote:
jwhouk wrote:
I didn't see the note... care to link?
Paul Taylor on Facebook wrote:I will be giving in to my favorite movie trope of all time this coming week. =P So there.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

jwhouk wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:I didn't see the note... care to link?
Paul Taylor on Facebook wrote:I will be giving in to my favorite movie trope of all time this coming week. =P So there.
I see. Thank you.

Now, would that be his (favorite movie) trope, or his favorite (movie trope)? :mrgreen:
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

lake_wrangler wrote:
jwhouk wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:I didn't see the note... care to link?
I see. Thank you.

Now, would that be his (favorite movie) trope, or his favorite (movie trope)? :mrgreen:
Considering the earrings on what looks like a male, well, most of a male,skull...The Crying Game? ;)
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Dr. Otter wrote:
Jürgen A. Erhard wrote:She calls out "FBI", but we don't know if they actually are FBI.

Maybe the MiB are a secret department of the FBI; hiding inside the FBI, so "officially" they can run around as FBI, but they're actually MiB?
We know MIB agents have been known to claim they are from the FBI as a cover:
Beatrice: You here to make fun of me too?
Kay: No, ma'am. We at the FBI do not have a sense of humor we're aware of. May we come in?
The FBI have entered the Wapsi story before:

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/funnythingaboutlif/
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Alternate voice balloon for the last panel: "Sorry? Did you want me to save you some?"
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Jabberwonky wrote:Considering the earrings on what looks like a male, well, most of a male,skull...The Crying Game? ;)
I was going to suggest "The Silence Of The Lambs."

Goodbye, horses
I'm flying over you
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)