Let Him Go 2012-11-02

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
lake_wrangler

Re: Let Him Go 2012-11-02

Post by lake_wrangler »

TlalocW wrote:Real men use their hands.
That's what I did... (On a squirrel that was running around the back room of a summer camp's kitchen... one guy kept trying to hit it with a hammer, but kept aiming where the squirrel was, so that by the time the hammer came down, it no longer was the squirrel's location, whereas when it started running up the side of a shelf, I aimed ahead of the squirrel, and caught it. Then it bit me! Can you believe the nerve of that thing??? So anyway, as a reflex to being bitten, my hand jerked tighter, and so I snuffed it out. We did not hold a funeral for it.)
TlalocW wrote:Also, I like it when power steering goes out randomly when I'm driving.
My first vehicle was a Ford F250 Supercap pickup truck, with standard steering... 8-)
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Julie wrote: Of course the only problem is who to send in to talk to her. Apparently Pratt & McBride can't...the demons won't let them. If this actually is where the story is going, they'll either have to find a way to get the message through the demon "gatekeepers" or MIB would need to send someone else (the Dragon Slayers maybe?).
Maybe the liaison officer?
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Dr. Otter

Post by Dr. Otter »

Jürgen A. Erhard wrote:She calls out "FBI", but we don't know if they actually are FBI.

Maybe the MiB are a secret department of the FBI; hiding inside the FBI, so "officially" they can run around as FBI, but they're actually MiB?
We know MIB agents have been known to claim they are from the FBI as a cover:
Beatrice: You here to make fun of me too?
Kay: No, ma'am. We at the FBI do not have a sense of humor we're aware of. May we come in?
Be the role model she'll always remember. Be a Girl Scout volunteer today!
illiad

Post by illiad »

Fairportfan wrote:
Julie wrote: Of course the only problem is who to send in to talk to her. Apparently Pratt & McBride can't...the demons won't let them. If this actually is where the story is going, they'll either have to find a way to get the message through the demon "gatekeepers" or MIB would need to send someone else (the Dragon Slayers maybe?).
Maybe the liaison officer?
isn't there a human who can talk to her???
donoho

Post by donoho »

lake_wrangler wrote:
That's what I did... (On a squirrel that was running around the back room of a summer camp's kitchen... one guy kept trying to hit it with a hammer, but kept aiming where the squirrel was, so that by the time the hammer came down, it no longer was the squirrel's location, whereas when it started running up the side of a shelf, I aimed ahead of the squirrel, and caught it. Then it bit me! Can you believe the nerve of that thing??? So anyway, as a reflex to being bitten, my hand jerked tighter, and so I snuffed it out. We did not hold a funeral for it.)
TlalocW wrote:Also, I like it when power steering goes out randomly when I'm driving.
My first vehicle was a Ford F250 Supercap pickup truck, with standard steering... 8-)
Tetanus shot?
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

Boxilar wrote:
Wapsi wrote:
Boxilar wrote:
Also, gun nerd question, is Pratt's gun a 92 or 96?
That's the Beretta 96FS, more knock down power. ;)
Thanks. So that makes this some time after 1990 then. I like the idea of the supernaturals who use guns going for the heavier calibers. Jim Butcher has his White Court vampires running around with .50AE Desert Eagles in the Dresden Files, but there's no way a Offical Goverment Agency would allow thier agents to run around with something like that. (Aside from them being totally impractical as a carry gun. ;) )
The Stainless Steel Rat used to favor a .75 caliber recoilless pistol--although sometimes he carried a smaller .50 cal.
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

lake_wrangler wrote:
Is that when you contracted rabies? ;) :lol:
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

Bathorys Daughter wrote:So it's the FBI? Huh. Maybe this was before they became MIB (assuming they are). Doesn't seem like the FBI would have known murdering vampires on the payroll.
Hey, if the Secret Service can have Warehouse 13, whose to say the FBI can't have Vampires. although I would have found vampires working for the IRS more believable. :shock:
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

donoho wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:[Details of the case of the involuntary squirrelicide snipped for brevity's sake]
Tetanus shot?
Yep. Couldn't remember if/when I had one last... :roll:
bmonk wrote:Is that when you contracted rabies? ;) :lol:
SHHH! I try to keep that little tidbit of information out of the newspapers, if at all possible... ;)
TlalocW

Post by TlalocW »

lake_wrangler wrote:
I hearby declare you, in the name of Saturday Night Live episodes long past... Mas Macho.

TlalocW
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Wyvern wrote:
Wapsi wrote:That's the Beretta 96FS, more knock down power. ;)

"Trigger treat!"
http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=4439

ETA annnnd ninja'd by FPF...
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Forklifter

Post by Forklifter »

TlalocW wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:
I hearby declare you, in the name of Saturday Night Live episodes long past... Mas Macho.

TlalocW
When I was a young man, I used to drive a 5 ton flat deck with standard steering and a 4 speed tranny. We called it the "Armstrong Grinder".
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

I drove M35A2 two and a half ton cargo trucks in the Army. Six wheel drive, off road, no power steering.

Never killed a squirrel with my bear hands, but I once pulled down four different trees with the winch trying to get it unstuck in the field.

God, I loved that truck.
Last edited by Boxilar on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Forklifter wrote:When I was a young man, I used to drive a 5 ton flat deck with standard steering and a 4 speed tranny. We called it the "Armstrong Grinder".
Sounds like fun.
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

Random thought; Paul has confirmed that this is a flashback. McBride may not be part of the Agency yet. Pratt may be the one who brought her into the fold.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

kingklash wrote:Apparently, he would be caught dead wearing those earrings.
...er? *looks again* Well, I'll be darned. Now I'm actually curious about this guy's pathology.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

All I know, is that what we're seeing, isn't what we think we're seeing. Par for the course for Wapsi, and Paul.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

kingklash wrote:All I know, is that what we're seeing, isn't what we think we're seeing. Par for the course for Wapsi, and Paul.
I don't know, it seems fairly straight forward. The last strip had Lilly talking to the boss and saying that there is no reason for a debriefing YET which sends us into a flashback of the last time Suzi had an unfortunate incident.

If I was saying this in front of you there would be some great use of air quotes :D
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

MerchManDan wrote:
...er? *looks again* Well, I'll be darned. Now I'm actually curious about this guy's pathology.
I think he's in a vampiric 'tag and track' program...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Wdot

Post by Wdot »

Jabberwonky wrote:
MerchManDan wrote:
I think he's in a vampiric 'tag and track' program...
Definetly not catch and release...
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt