No Idea 2018-08-01

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
JSStryker

No Idea 2018-08-01

Post by JSStryker »

Vive la weird!
Dave

Re: No Idea 2018-08-01

Post by Dave »

"Even my dad says..."

Hmm... I have a feeling that Paul just may have snuck a Chekhov's Gun onto the set. There's a story lurking behind that simple qualifier, I do believe.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

You really think so? It's not like Paul to introduce male characters too often... (It's even more rare for them to stick around long...)
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

lake_wrangler wrote:You really think so? It's not like Paul to introduce male characters too often... (It's even more rare for them to stick around long...)
Who was it before Hiroshi?

--FreeFlier
Dave

Post by Dave »

lake_wrangler wrote:You really think so? It's not like Paul to introduce male characters too often... (It's even more rare for them to stick around long...)
I don't know if we'll actually meet Shawna's father.

I do suspect that we'll learn more about him, and Shawna's relationship to him, and how this may have shaped her life and personality.

Somebody commented a while ago that Shawna's only role in the strip seemed to be as a potential romantic interest/conflict character... part of a Castela-focused love triangle. Her little "throwaway" comment here make me suspect that Paul may have more complex plans for this character... that he's setting up the foundation for giving her a deeper back story. The way she took charge during the search for Daylla gave me the same sort of twinge... that she's not just a school-romance spear carrier.

I could very well be completely wrong, of course... likely as not, I am. Second-guessing Pablo is a game best played by those who don't mind the consequences of walking on very thin ice, right off the edge of a tall cliff, Wile E Coyote style.
FreeFlier wrote:Who was it before Hiroshi?
Timothy (still around) or Jason the Satyr (not seen or mentioned in a long time) or Dustin (who I suspect we're unlikely to see again any time soon)
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Little Timothy and Hiroshi are the only two that survived a major time jump and were still active.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

Regardless of the Chekov's Artillery, i do believe the lass is waaaayyyy overthinking things.

Awareness is good - over-awareness is the centipede's dilemma.
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

FreeFlier wrote:

--FreeFlier
Some guy. I think he had a goatee or something. Kraven? Kelvin?
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

jwhouk wrote:
FreeFlier wrote:

--FreeFlier
Whoever he was, I think the goatee didn't make it past the time skip, if I recall...
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

lake_wrangler wrote:
jwhouk wrote:
FreeFlier wrote: Who was it before Hiroshi?

--FreeFlier
Whoever he was, I think the goatee didn't make it past the time skip, if I recall...
That was Mirror Kevin :ugeek:
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.