What Do I Know 2018-07-31

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
lake_wrangler

What Do I Know 2018-07-31

Post by lake_wrangler »

Ummm... I thought we had time-skipped to their 15th year, and now Scarlet says she's 13???

*Is confused...*

Meanwhile, it would seem that stress makes it harder for Shawna to retain her human form...

Meanwhile, the second... Now I can't help but wonder whether Scarlet is trying to help Shawna, or scare her away from Hiroshi to leave him all to Castela...
FreeFlier

Re: What Do I Know 2018-07-31

Post by FreeFlier »

lake_wrangler wrote: . . . Meanwhile, it would seem that stress makes it harder for Shawna to retain her human form... . . .
That seems to be characteristic of the shapeshifting paranormals while young . . . even Krystal and Jesse had trouble sometimes.

--FreeFlier
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

FreeFlier wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote: . . . Meanwhile, it would seem that stress makes it harder for Shawna to retain her human form... . . .
That seems to be characteristic of the shapeshifting paranormals while young . . . even Krystal and Jesse had trouble sometimes.

--FreeFlier
True. I forgot about that. All I remembered was when introductions were made between Atsali, Castela, and the Ursamorph twins, mention was made that in high school, they were expected to stay in human form at all times.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

The hell kind of wisdom juice has Scarlett been chugging?
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

lake_wrangler wrote:
FreeFlier wrote:

--FreeFlier
True. I forgot about that. All I remembered was when introductions were made between Atsali, Castela, and the Ursamorph twins, mention was made that in high school, they were expected to stay in human form at all times.
Shelly and I think Monica also have problems with it on occasion. Shelly had to go through training with Phix to get the hang of maintaining a human form as well as picking and choosing what bits transformed and how much they did so.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

It would seem strong emotion override their ability to maintain a fully human form. That would account for a lot of this i thought i saw moments among humans.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

lake_wrangler wrote:Ummm... I thought we had time-skipped to their 15th year, and now Scarlet says she's 13???

*Is confused...*

Meanwhile, it would seem that stress makes it harder for Shawna to retain her human form...

Meanwhile, the second... Now I can't help but wonder whether Scarlet is trying to help Shawna, or scare her away from Hiroshi to leave him all to Castela...
The text in the first page says that Cas just turned 14. IDK if it has been changed at some point...
eee

Post by eee »

GlytchMeister wrote:The hell kind of wisdom juice has Scarlett been chugging?
It would appear Blackthorn wisdom is contagious. Or maybe she's an 'old soul'.
Dave

Post by Dave »

jeffepp wrote:The text in the first page says that Cas just turned 14. IDK if it has been changed at some point...
Yes, Paul just changed it to correct the inconsistency. I passed along the link lake_wrangler had pointed out, and Paul clarified the situation (see the comment section on today's strip).

It's convenient that most drugstore now sell Retcon in an over-the-counter strength, without requiring a prescription. I think CVS shelves it right next to the bottles of White-Out. ;)
eee wrote:
We know she inherited her grandmother's "ghost whisperer" abilities (a sensitivity to cross-dimensional-probability-worldline voice leakage), as well as her grandmother's journal in that subject. She may well have been reading the journal. Maybe her grandmother wrote down some musings about love, relationships, and self-understanding, as well as speculations about spook-speaking?

Or, perhaps... hmmm... perhaps Scarlet's people are naturally (or culturally) quite wise? They could quite easily have been the inspiration for the legends of the Japanese Kitsune, and in many tales the Kitsune are portrayed as being wise.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

jeffepp wrote: The text in the first page says that Cas just turned 14. IDK if it has been changed at some point...
Paul didn't realize the error. He changed the older strip to 14 to reflect reality.

(Isn't digital publishing wonderful?)
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
sheik

Post by sheik »

eee wrote:
Since she's so young, my money says she has at least one parent with multiple tails. That is to say an older Kitsune.
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

Retcon. Apply directly to the cannon.

jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

jeffepp wrote:Retcon. Apply directly to the cannon.

I'll chalk this one up to author error, not Retcon.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Thor

Post by Thor »

Good idea...especially if you retcon out the 2nd "n".
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Thor wrote:

Or the first "n", for that matter. /flrrd/

--FreeFlier
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

jeffepp wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:Ummm... I thought we had time-skipped to their 15th year, and now Scarlet says she's 13???

*Is confused...*

The text in the first page says that Cas just turned 14. IDK if it has been changed at some point...
Second link has also been edited to read 14.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

I'm surprised it took this long for Paul to notice the error... Usually, he keeps up pretty well with the forum, and there sure was a lot of talk, when we first thought we had gone through a two-year time skip...

Usually, typos mentioned in that day's comic thread are fixed before noon. He must have been tired, that day (both to make the mistake, and to not catch on to the "not-another-time-skip" conversations...)
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Maybe it's all just multiple universes. . .
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Catawampus wrote:Maybe it's all just multiple universes. . .
Turtles.

All the way down.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

FreeFlier wrote:
Thor wrote:

Or the first "n", for that matter. /flrrd/

--FreeFlier
Unless they need to make sure that a cannon fits in the canon.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.