Pratt and Mcbride 2012-11-01

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Opus the Poet

Pratt and Mcbride 2012-11-01

Post by Opus the Poet »

is it up yet? >F5< is it up yet? >F5<

And yes I know I stole someone's sig line. I know technically I'm supposed to wait until the actual strip goes up before creating the thread for it, but I got bored. Golem level bored. So I won't actually post the thread until I can put a title to it, but I will write about it like there was an actual comic to read until I actually read the comic.

Like wasn't that thing that Tsillah did cool? I have no idea what "that thing" is going to be but I know Tsillah will do it and it will be cool and/or funny.

OK Tsillah didn't do anything and we find that the vamps are MIB.

There, happy? :D
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Opus the Poet

Re: Pratt and Mcbride 2012-11-01

Post by Opus the Poet »

Oh and their names are Lily Pratt and Suzie McBride.

And that conversation answers a number of other questions that were brought up in last weeks discussions. Like what they were going to do at the prison (nothing).
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Well, she better be careful walking and talking on the phone. If she trips, it would be a pratfall!

(hides in distant corner, surrounded by garlic and crucifixes)
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Well, ONE of them is wearing black...
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Of course! *smacks forehead with palm* They're AGENTS!
*collects grande vanilla latte and strawberry popover before settling on the comfy couch of confusion*
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Uh, there ARE organizations other than the MIB's - who might even include vampires and other supernaturals....like the Immortal Politicians, whom we are likely about to unknowingly re-elect a bunch of...

("Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put.") Winston Curchill

And we Do Not want a debriefing. That would be....Bad.
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Prester Fred

Post by Prester Fred »

NOTDilbert wrote:And we Do Not want a debriefing. That would be....Bad.
Especially if it turns out they work for Anasigma...
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Sounds like a rookie being shown the ropes by an older cop routine.

I suspect Agent McBride has been out of touch for a while and is new on the job.
  1. Did not know that prisons are now off limits as food source, and for a good while.
  2. She hasn't had any incidents warranting a debriefing ... yet
  3. Dosn't know the modern social rules
  4. Doesn't realize her position/job didn't move her up in the supernatural world
Which raises more questions
  1. Who does she works for? If not the MIB this has a lot of implications, most of them bad.
  2. Where she had been confined and how long?
  3. How she was confined? Is this a someone pulled the stake out kind of vampire return or who opened the coffin type?
  4. How old she is, could have some more interesting rewrites of history to do.
  5. Did she recognize Monica, or just what Monica is?
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

Is a debriefing anything like a panty raid ... while you're still wearing them? In her case it sounds like the debriefing would be necessary prelude so her boss could "tear her a new one" unencumbered. Apparently she has a tendency to do things she shouldn't. Maybe getting in the occasional bite when her desires overcome her reason.

At any rate, I'm glad to see the prison thing was just a bit of a half serious joke.
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

Atomic wrote:Well, she better be careful walking and talking on the phone. If she trips, it would be a pratfall!

(hides in distant corner, surrounded by garlic and crucifixes)
I do not think the pun jar is put off by garlic and crucifixes. You're a goner.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

So, I gather the vamps are lower-echelon MIB, with lady dread being the experienced officer of the couple??

Makes sense, keep ém fed, and vampires can be pretty useful, even íf they are considered just "vermin"by the elite like Titans, Sphinxes and whatnot. I guess there are plenty "petty" criminals in the werewolf and vamp-regions, to keep Pratt & Mc Bride busy.

And "Your ass is ringing" I am gonna keep that one..
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
cmdrpowers

Post by cmdrpowers »

I don't think this is a case of senior and junior agent. It's more a case of serious and loose cannon agent. Kinda like Kensie and Deeks. It remains to be seen if they're MIB, FBI or UNCLE. Heck, they could be SHIELD for all I know, but they're probably not SPECTRE. 8-)
The Old Wolf

Post by The Old Wolf »

If their names are Lily Pratt and Suzie McBride, why did "Agent McBride" call her companion "Bestie" here?
“Make the world work, for 100% of humanity, in the shortest possible time, through spontaneous cooperation, without ecological offense or the disadvantage of anyone.”
-R. Buckminster Fuller
---------------
Playing in the World Game
Leak

Post by Leak »

The Old Wolf wrote:If their names are Lily Pratt and Suzie McBride, why did "Agent McBride" call her companion "Bestie" here?
Maybe because they're bestiest of friends? You know, kinda like "homie"?

Also, is that a falconer's glove on Lily's non-phone hand, or what's with the strings?
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

The Old Wolf wrote:If their names are Lily Pratt and Suzie McBride, why did "Agent McBride" call her companion "Bestie" here?
As NOTDilbert said, short for "best friend"...

So, I wonder who's watching them, and whether they saw the whole interaction (demons included) before calling, or if they called merely because of a tendency of McBride to do things that need cause debriefing...
bdgoodfriend

Post by bdgoodfriend »

They are FEMA Fiends,enemies,monsters.aliens
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Leak wrote:
Maybe because they're bestiest of friends? You know, kinda like "homie"?

Also, is that a falconer's glove on Lily's non-phone hand, or what's with the strings?
If you look close here, she seems to have some sort of bracer on her forearm. Also some sort of skateboarders elbow pads. Either in her 'policing' or love life, she seems to be a little on the rough side...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

So, if Pratt & McBride* don't feed on prisoners, how DO they acquire sustanence?

*I really dig those names, but can't quite figure out why.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Verrrrrry carefully.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Julie

Post by Julie »

My2Cents wrote:Sounds like a rookie being shown the ropes by an older cop routine.

I suspect Agent McBride has been out of touch for a while and is new on the job.
  1. Did not know that prisons are now off limits as food source, and for a good while.
  2. She hasn't had any incidents warranting a debriefing ... yet
  3. Dosn't know the modern social rules
  4. Doesn't realize her position/job didn't move her up in the supernatural world
I kind of disagree. It sounds more like Suzie has had a more difficult time staying "on the wagon" with regards to proper modern vampiric behavior. :) She reminds me of a friend who had quit smoking. Anytime she was stressed she would say, "Let's go to the store. I need a cigarette." She wasn't joking usually...she often needed to be talked out of it and reminded that she had quit for good reasons. Ms. McBride here may feel the need for a fix a little more urgently and frequently than her friend/partner...and has probably had more than a few relapses. Hence the person on the phone asking if she's had any incidents...she's a known "problem." :)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."