Pratt and Mcbride 2012-11-01

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Dave

Re: Pratt and Mcbride 2012-11-01

Post by Dave »

cmdrpowers wrote:I don't think this is a case of senior and junior agent. It's more a case of serious and loose cannon agent. Kinda like Kensie and Deeks. It remains to be seen if they're MIB, FBI or UNCLE. Heck, they could be SHIELD for all I know, but they're probably not SPECTRE. 8-)
Possibly KAOS? Can't be CONTROL since she didn't have a shoe phone. ;)
Julie

Post by Julie »

MerchManDan wrote:So, if Pratt & McBride* don't feed on prisoners, how DO they acquire sustanence?

*I really dig those names, but can't quite figure out why.
I dig them, too! I keep trying to remember (without using Google) if they are names that harken back to police/federal agent characters from any well-loved shows from my youth (or even the present given how disconnected I am from television lately).
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Pratt and McBride, they're vampires. Together, They fight crime. And try not to nibble on the general populace.

Sue seems a little new to this portion of the 21st century, or at least this decade. Unless Lil's Mutant Power is having a ass that rings.
Skywatcher68

Post by Skywatcher68 »

Julie wrote:I keep trying to remember (without using Google) if they are names that harken back to police/federal agent characters from any well-loved shows from my youth (or even the present given how disconnected I am from television lately).
McBride is a recent one but there's MacBride from "Switch".
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Lily Pratt and Suzie McBride, such Cute names for Vampires. Now we need something quirky like.....Suzie loves pizza with extra GARLIC, and when shes asked about that, says "Thats an Old wives tale" maybe.
and is it me or could these two pass as Brandi and Acacia or vice versa?
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

"Curiouser and curiouser!” Cried Alice (she was so much surprised, that for the moment she quite forgot how to speak good English).. . .

or

"Boy, this place just gets weirder and weirder." said Adam.

:lol:
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

MerchManDan wrote:So, if Pratt & McBride* don't feed on prisoners, how DO they acquire sustanence?

There are folks who claim to be vampires that trade sex for blood in our society...
(I'm really in no position to validate such claims)
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

In the first issue of the sadly-defunct comic, Young Justice (tenuously related, at best, to the teevee show of the same name), the impromptu team of Superboy, Robin and Impulse encounter a couple of members of the All Purpose Enforcement Squad named Agents Donald Fite and Ishido Maad.

Peter David wanted to name then "Futz" and "Nuck", but got overruled by DC Editorial.

In the same CBG column that he revealed that, he also mentioned a joke he didn't get to do when he was writing for Babylon 5:

SETUP: Londo and Garibaldi (who is a huge pop-culture fan; has a giant Daffy Duck poster on his bedroom wall) walking down a corridor.

LONDO: But, really, Mr Garibaldi - I do not understand why you wish me to do this thing.

GARIBALDI: Never mind why. Just do it, okay? Please?

LONDO: Oh, very well. (sighs) 'Moose and squirrel'."

As Peter said - if you don't get it right off, it will never be really funny for you, no matter how well someone explains it.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

I used to work with a wonderful woman from Macedonia named Jasmina who sounded exactly like Natasha. After I had asked her a few time to say things for me, all very up and up Natashaesque dialog, she learned she could easily break me up with as little as 'Boris, dahling...'

I still email her from time to time... :D
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Opus the Poet wrote:is it up yet? >F5< is it up yet? >F5<

And yes I know I stole someone's sig line.
*Looks down* Nope, my sig is still there. You only infringed, not stole.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
donoho

Post by donoho »

Fairportfan wrote:

In the first issue of the sadly-defunct comic, Young Justice (tenuously related, at best, to the teevee show of the same name), the impromptu team of Superboy, Robin and Impulse encounter a couple of members of the All Purpose Enforcement Squad named Agents Donald Fite and Ishido Maad.

Peter David wanted to name then "Futz" and "Nuck", but got overruled by DC Editorial.

In the same CBG column that he revealed that, he also mentioned a joke he didn't get to do when he was writing for Babylon 5:

SETUP: Londo and Garibaldi (who is a huge pop-culture fan; has a giant Daffy Duck poster on his bedroom wall) walking down a corridor.

LONDO: But, really, Mr Garibaldi - I do not understand why you wish me to do this thing.

GARIBALDI: Never mind why. Just do it, okay? Please?

LONDO: Oh, very well. (sighs) 'Moose and squirrel'."

As Peter said - if you don't get it right off, it will never be really funny for you, no matter how well someone explains it.
:lol:
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

TheDOCTOR wrote:Lily Pratt and Suzie McBride, such Cute names for Vampires. Now we need something quirky like.....Suzie loves pizza with extra GARLIC, and when shes asked about that, says "Thats an Old wives tale" maybe.
and is it me or could these two pass as Brandi and Acacia or vice versa?
It may be that she is known as Suicide McBride by higher ups due to her need to feed. Assuming such actions could result in her "termination."
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

cmdrpowers wrote:I don't think this is a case of senior and junior agent. It's more a case of serious and loose cannon agent. Kinda like Kensie and Deeks. It remains to be seen if they're MIB, FBI or UNCLE. Heck, they could be SHIELD for all I know, but they're probably not SPECTRE. 8-)
'cause Vampire Spectres would just be wrong. :lol:
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Julie wrote:I dig them, too! I keep trying to remember (without using Google) if they are names that harken back to police/federal agent characters from any well-loved shows from my youth (or even the present given how disconnected I am from television lately).
While playing Fallout: New Vegas, I finally recalled why McBride sounded familiar: There's an NPC named Dusty McBride; he & his wife Alice are brahmin ranchers.
As for Pratt...well, maybe it's the fact that it's such a normal-sounding name, same as McBride. Being vampires, I had expected their names to have a more exotic flavour. Before anyone asks: No, I haven't been paying attention to all the vampire pop-culture that's sprung up over the past few years, which likely contains all sorts of normal-sounding vampire names.
TheDOCTOR wrote:and is it me or could these two pass as Brandi and Acacia or vice versa?
It's not just you, Doctor; others have mentioned the resemblance. There was some speculation about parallel dimensions & alternate universes, but it didn't go very far if I recall correctly.
Fairportfan wrote:In the first issue of the sadly-defunct comic, Young Justice (tenuously related, at best, to the teevee show of the same name), the impromptu team of Superboy, Robin and Impulse encounter a couple of members of the All Purpose Enforcement Squad named Agents Donald Fite and Ishido Maad.

HAH!! Perfect! :D
Fairportfan wrote:LONDO: Oh, very well. (sighs) 'Moose and squirrel'."
BWAAAAHAHAHA!! :lol: Pluperfect!!
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Dave

Post by Dave »

MerchManDan wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:LONDO: Oh, very well. (sighs) 'Moose and squirrel'."
BWAAAAHAHAHA!! :lol: Pluperfect!!
Oh, damn. I'm so sorry Joe didn't let that one through... or at least get it onto a blooper-reel addition to one of the DVD sets.

Would have been the funniest thing ever to have seen that. :D
Lee M

Post by Lee M »

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned this, but is Lily Pratt any relation to William Henry Pratt? I guess that would be a case of "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em".
The paper maker is the basest of all creatures. He deprives the beggar of his rags to make white sheets for editors to lie on.
--early 20th century school essay, from Fresh Howlers, ed. H. Cecil Hunt (UK, 1930)
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

I was just thinking that "Pratt and McBride" just sound like good old buddy cop show names.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

I keep thinking "Pratt & Whitney"...
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Jabberwonky wrote:

There are folks who claim to be vampires that trade sex for blood in our society...
(I'm really in no position to validate such claims)
There are legal ways to buy blood. As I mentioned in an earlier post, if they just need blood, they can buy beef or pork blood by the drumful from meat packing houses. If it must be human (demihuman, semidemihuman, whatever) it becomes more complicated as blood and blood products (plasma, platelets, and solids) must be certified free of infectious agents and certain meds; a clandestine blood bank with, perhaps, MIB-managed accounting (to disguise the fact these patients are already 'dead'). Donating blood is a Good Deed; even better if it saves some unknowng victim from supernatural assault.
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Dr. Otter

Post by Dr. Otter »

TheDOCTOR wrote: ...is it me or could these two pass as Brandi and Acacia or vice versa?
McBride's profile in the first panel displays a couple of prominent differences between her and Bud.
Be the role model she'll always remember. Be a Girl Scout volunteer today!