That First Step 2018-07-27

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
ChattaStarhawk

That First Step 2018-07-27

Post by ChattaStarhawk »

jwhouk

Re: That First Step 2018-07-27

Post by jwhouk »

The Portal - new ride at Ragin' Daughters Water Park in Wapsi Square!
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

So . . . we were getting set-up a bit . . .

--FreeFlier
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

Life tip: When the living planetary defense cannon asks who's fault it is, point to the indestructible one.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

This is what I would reply if this was a tweet:

Gigglesnort :twisted: :lol:
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Dave

Post by Dave »

jwhouk wrote:The Portal - new ride at Ragin' Daughters Water Park in Wapsi Square!
Clearly an Aieeeeeeeeee-ticket ride.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Anybody remember the "Surprise you're never going to forget!" scene from Porky's?
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
eee

Post by eee »

Thank DOG nobody was under Daylla as she fell. For anyone but Bud or Brandi, that would have been... painful.

There must be magic involved in how Daylla is floating, and why she isn't stuck in the mud on the sea floor.

I dunno, if I went through a teleport tube and wound up falling 25 feet, my initial comment (assuming I was capable of making one, after I landed) wouldn't be to demand to know who did that, it would probably be "What... what just happened???? And can somebody call an ambulance?"
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

eee wrote:Thank DOG nobody was under Daylla as she fell. For anyone but Bud or Brandi, that would have been... painful.

There must be magic involved in how Daylla is floating, and why she isn't stuck in the mud on the sea floor.

I dunno, if I went through a teleport tube and wound up falling 25 feet, my initial comment (assuming I was capable of making one, after I landed) wouldn't be to demand to know who did that, it would probably be "What... what just happened???? And can somebody call an ambulance?"
My reaction would be more along the lines of first you say it, then you do it
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

WARNING: Sandra on the Rocks can be somewhat NSFW at times - the writing is often fairly risque, but sometimes the art goes pretty close to the line.

[Nothing like their other comics, Menage a 3 and Sticky DIlly Buns...}

THERE it is:

I still say that Panels Three and Four are pure slapstick gold, with no need for context to make them funny.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

eee wrote:Thank DOG nobody was under Daylla as she fell. For anyone but Bud or Brandi, that would have been... painful.

Perhaps she landed upon and is standing atop Stinky. He does tend to show up when Bud is at an island. He can also take having a ship's anchor dropped on his head, so presumably being clobbered by a plummeting Daylla wouldn't be too much for him.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Catawampus wrote:

Perhaps she landed upon and is standing atop Stinky. He does tend to show up when Bud is at an island. He can also take having a ship's anchor dropped on his head, so presumably being clobbered by a plummeting Daylla wouldn't be too much for him.
Perhaps the water's only that deep?
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
Catawampus wrote:

Perhaps the water's only that deep?
Wouldn't be very safe to have people dive/jump from that high into shallow water, though.
Dave

Post by Dave »

lake_wrangler wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:Perhaps the water's only that deep?
Wouldn't be very safe to have people dive/jump from that high into shallow water, though.
Considering that this is Monica's island we're talking about... it's as likely as not that the whole island rests on the back of some sort of Leviathanic beast. The area offshore might have a "seafloor" of blubber rather than sand or rock.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Point . . .

Though that would likely result in a trampoline effect . . .

--FreeFlier