More To Offer 2018-07-17

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
jwhouk

More To Offer 2018-07-17

Post by jwhouk »

First of all, we get the date right this time.

More to Offer

Yes, Shawna, that's exactly what we were all thinking.

And they were frozen in place, happily ever after...
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
AnotherFairportfan

Re: More To Offer 2018-07-17

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Who had Shawna in the hoof-n-mouth pool?
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Who had Shawna in the hoof-n-mouth pool?
Until i added a modifier, this sounded rather dirtier than i had intended.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

"My thoughts to your thoughts... remember..."
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

And once again, Castela loses to someone who has had considerably less page time.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Well given her track record so far with males and extrapolating from that one can definitely see how she arrived at the spike armed cigar chomping warrior we say her as around 21 years of age.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Dave

Post by Dave »

Alkarii wrote:And once again, Castela loses to someone who has had considerably less page time.
And, if so, it'll be the second time that she lost out when
  • She was seriously interested in the guy, but couldn't bring herself to admit it to anyone, and
  • she made a big show of keeping him at a distance, and
  • she lost out to someone who was equally interested, was honest about her feelings, and told the guy how she really felt.
Definitely tough on Castela... but maybe her Blackthorn wisdom will help her see the pattern in what has happened. That might make her feel even worse, though.
oldmanmickey wrote:Well given her track record so far with males and extrapolating from that one can definitely see how she arrived at the spike armed cigar chomping warrior we say her as around 21 years of age.
She's one of the few people around, who can manage to take the "prickly personality" metaphor and make it literal.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Well, it just seems like that was the entire purpose of having Shawna in the comic. She hasn't done much else, really. Right from her first appearance, it's been right there on the surface.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Yeah, Shawna does seem a bit like "Love Interest for Hiroshi" is the only thing on her resume...
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Well, from previous pages we know she was trying to get a relationship going with Hiroshi before he got butterfly-ed. So the love interest angle was established before we even met Reginald. Plus isn't there like a 3 year age difference between Hiroshi and Castel because of the year and a half spent as a butterfly? At their ages 3 years is a long time.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.