Your Liaison 2012-10-31

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Bathorys Daughter

Re: Your Liason 2012-10-31

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

Does poor Monica get no say in any of this at all? Nobody even asks her if it would be ok to send her a go between to the land of the dead? Apparently she will have to do something in that regard whether she wants to or not. Can she not opt-out of whatever lunacy is associated with being Jaguar Girl? Alright, she has phoenix blood, fine. So? Can't she just say screw it, I'm going to live a normal life? Whatever you guys seem to think Jaguar Girl is supposed to do, count me out. Who's going to force her to do anything, including put up with another ancient fan girl? She seems to be taking all this manipulation a bit too much in stride. Of course, we now know Monica is not quite human either. It turns out she's actually just another supernatural being like all the rest. Maybe she's resigned to her fate now.
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

NOTDilbert wrote:
Yamara wrote:
Dr. Otter wrote:Since when does M have a demon that looks like a softer, taller Shelley?
Forum question: Would you be willing to leave the Land of the Dead if it was full of pizza?

Discuss.
What kind?.....
Any kind, You don't have to leave the land of the dead. They deliver. Or would that be Deviler?
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Stigmartyr762 wrote:Just what Monica needs. Another fangirl. LOL Doubts expression is priceless.
This one will be very handy. Can you think of anyone else who would be better at shadowing people for Monica?
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Baxter or Boo?
Cerberus.jpg
Cerberus.jpg (53.01 KiB) Viewed 11973 times
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
sonicthunder

Post by sonicthunder »

Is doubt wearing a shirt? She appears to have a neckline going on there. Granted, she's a demon, so that could be anything. Definitely looks like the collar on a T-shirt or blouse though.
donoho

Post by donoho »

sonicthunder wrote:Is doubt wearing a shirt? She appears to have a neckline going on there. Granted, she's a demon, so that could be anything. Definitely looks like the collar on a T-shirt or blouse though.
Strand of hair.
Julie

Post by Julie »

Jay-Em wrote:Heh.. and thére we have the Tsillah we all fell in love with.... Eclectic as she may be in her fashion-choices.
My thoughts exactly. :) I was very pleased to see her shrink to the adorable fangirl from before.
Boxilar wrote:And it's...interesting to see Doubt so relaxed and downright friendly looking.

Perhaps her role has changed slightly with Monica's upgrade.
Maybe she's adjusted her behavior somewhat now that it's clear to all parties that M won't be dying (at least not easily)? After all, that means that she won't ever get "reassigned" to another human because her host won't ever die...That would certainly change things from my perspective. :)
MerchManDan wrote:
Yamara wrote:She's probably just making polite eye contact with Tsillah.
Uh...what? Doubt is looking away from Tsillah, who has her eyes closed.
Well, it all depends on where Tsillah's "shadow" happens to be falling at the moment since the shadow is the real Tsillah. :) Granted, the light source in that hallway would have to be at their feet for Doubt to be looking Tsillah's "shadow" in the eye. :P
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
NebulousRikulau

Post by NebulousRikulau »

Anybody else get the feeling that Monica would suddenly prefer Tsillah to treat her as the boss?
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

OMG Monica asked the obvious question?! Instead of getting stubborn again?! WTF? :lol:

I'm guessing yesterday's tall and wrinkly form was an intermediate stage between Monday's Demon shape and today's goblin girl. It'll be nice for M to have someone her own size to play with. ;)
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

NebulousRikulau wrote:Anybody else get the feeling that Monica would suddenly prefer Tsillah to treat her as the boss?
I think if Monica had to introduce Tsillah to "Higher-ups" at the Museum (If they can see her) , then Monica could say Tsillah was her 'Intern'. Of course, thats just a guess.
Jabberwonky wrote:Baxter or Boo?
Cerberus.jpg
O.M.G. I gotta look that up, that is cute. My boss LOVES Chihuahuas.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

I'll have to admit, today's Doubt looks downright... wholesome!
Yamara

Re: Your Liaison 2012-10-31

Post by Yamara »

Anyone made tests on what happens when you correct the lead comment's title and its effects on subsequent comments?

Because if it makes comments disappear, I Should Probably Not Have Done That. :idea:
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Yamara wrote:Anyone made tests on what happens when you correct the lead comment's title and its effects on subsequent comments?

Because if it makes comments disappear, I Should Probably Not Have Done That. :idea:
Errr -- no, cause I've done that. Each subsequent post calls back the the current title, just as each quote captures the current text. If you're quoted, then edit the original, the downstream quote remains the same.

Meanwhile, back at the plot...

So -- I wonder when M will be able to get back to her Day Job? You know, the museum curator of Pre-Columbian Artifacts? Seems she's been away from her primary cash flow generator for a bit. And I wonder how Tsillah will react to the daily drudgery of whatever it is Monica does at, near, and around her desk/office/gallery/wing in the museum?

Of course, eventually, a box/carton/crate/shipping container will arrive with M's name on it, and she'll just HAVE to open it,... AND THEN......!!!!!

Heh!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Dave

Post by Dave »

zachariah wrote:
NOTDilbert wrote:
Yamara wrote:Forum question: Would you be willing to leave the Land of the Dead if it was full of pizza?

Discuss.
What kind?.....
Any kind, You don't have to leave the land of the dead. They deliver. Or would that be Deviler?
That would depend on the type of pizza. Could it be that it's a devilishly nourishing vegetarian pizza, with toppings including some sort of vegetable-protein meat substitute?

Like, maybe, Seitan?
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

Is Tsillah related to Euyrale, or just channeling her?
Jürgen A. Erhard

Post by Jürgen A. Erhard »

NOTDilbert wrote:
Yamara wrote:
Dr. Otter wrote:Since when does M have a demon that looks like a softer, taller Shelley?
Forum question: Would you be willing to leave the Land of the Dead if it was full of pizza?

Discuss.
What kind?.....
African or European?
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

bmonk wrote:Is Tsillah related to Euyrale, or just channeling her?

Well they are related. They both have primordial deity (Titan) blood in them.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Stigmartyr762 wrote:Just what Monica needs. Another fangirl. LOL Doubts expression is priceless.
Actually you can see from Monica’s expression that she is starting to have doubts about fan girl Tsillah already. Doubt is just rolling her eyes while trying not to laugh out loud as she to herself "This is just TOO EASY!"
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

@my2cents

I disagree. IMHO Doubt's healthy look has more to do with the fact that she's now a "healthy" part of Monica's character, instead of the devastating, disabling corroding entity that steered / hindered Monica in the past. Doubt is more of a guardian now, than she ever was.

(plús, the risk of having one's ass set on fire, is quite the incentive to not meddle too much.)

If doubt is about to get onto Monica, she usually changes into something nasty, demonic, rotting.
No, I feel that M is becoming "whole" again, and her doubt evolves with that.

The slight bit of doubt about that whole "magic"-thing that M maybe still had, is effectively neutered with the recent revelations. Seeing one's heart ripped-out, catching fire twice and getting out pretty healthy, has a tendency to do that.
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Jay-Em wrote:@my2cents

I disagree. IMHO Doubt's healthy look has more to do with the fact that she's now a "healthy" part of Monica's character, instead of the devastating, disabling corroding entity that steered / hindered Monica in the past. Doubt is more of a guardian now, than she ever was.

(plús, the risk of having one's ass set on fire, is quite the incentive to not meddle too much.)

If doubt is about to get onto Monica, she usually changes into something nasty, demonic, rotting.
No, I feel that M is becoming "whole" again, and her doubt evolves with that.

The slight bit of doubt about that whole "magic"-thing that M maybe still had, is effectively neutered with the recent revelations. Seeing one's heart ripped-out, catching fire twice and getting out pretty healthy, has a tendency to do that.
That is how I sww it as well. Besides, they share a love of good pizza. (I have to say good because here in Central Florida we have mostly Pizza Food, It is suppose to be pizza but fail by an order of magnitude compared to what I remember from New York or Chicago.)
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.