Hope He Remembered 2018-06-21

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Thor

Re: Hope He Remembered 2018-06-21

Post by Thor »

lake_wrangler wrote:
Alkarii wrote:To be honest, though, I haven't liked Shawna from the beginning, especially from that smug expression she wore just after speaking to him. I really don't want to see her get what she wants, just from her behavior.
Well, they needed a foil, an antagonist of sort, without having to resort to an actual villain...
Are you sure they needed one? Pickle seems to be her own worst enemy as it is. She doesn't even know how to tsundere right.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Thor wrote:Are you sure they needed one? Pickle seems to be her own worst enemy as it is. She doesn't even know how to tsundere right.
Really? Any moment now, Pickle is going to explode into a tsundere storm!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Hypothetically they COULD work, but their effective length would be rather short - from the pin at the end of the last (starting from the head) bend, to the base on the body.

So in tone it would probably be closer to a ukelele than to a typical guitar.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Warrl wrote:Hypothetically they COULD work, but their effective length would be rather short - from the pin at the end of the last (starting from the head) bend, to the base on the body.

Notice how the "strings" bend smoothly to follow the curve of the neck? I don't think they're under tension at all. I'm not even sure they're wire strings... the materials list for the sculpture mentions glass fiber.

I think you'd have to use very tall frets all the way along the neck, with each string riding in a slot cut into each fret, if you wanted to tension the strings enough to actually be able to tune and play them.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Dave wrote:
Warrl wrote:Hypothetically they COULD work, but their effective length would be rather short - from the pin at the end of the last (starting from the head) bend, to the base on the body.

Notice how the "strings" bend smoothly to follow the curve of the neck? I don't think they're under tension at all. I'm not even sure they're wire strings... the materials list for the sculpture mentions glass fiber.

I think you'd have to use very tall frets all the way along the neck, with each string riding in a slot cut into each fret, if you wanted to tension the strings enough to actually be able to tune and play them.
Except that then the strings would only vibrate from the anchor to the first fret . . . and that's so short the frequency would be extremely high, and the volume minuscule.

Unless, of course, the guitar is much larger than it appears.

--FreeFlier
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Actually, the first fret is the one nearest the headstock, farthest from where your picking hand would usually be.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Okay, to the closest fret, then.

(Obviously I don't play guitar.)

--FreeFlier