Friday Break 2018-06-01

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
jwhouk

Friday Break 2018-06-01

Post by jwhouk »

"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Atomic

Re: Friday Break 2018-06-01

Post by Atomic »

Ohhh, how well I remember from my weather and computer development days -- working on a vertical screen or panel goes straight to the shoulders. I don''t know how thick a Cintiq is, but get the l'il darlin as low and as flat as you can as if your working on a tilt table.

When I worked at USAF Global Weather Central at Offutt AFB, there were two big rooms full of forecasters at tilt tables working on charts about 24x36 inches - analyzing, coloring, tracing and other such stuff. They were all adjustable, and funny how 80 people on four different teams all liked their tables tilted about 25 to 30 degrees. Every Damn One.

FWIW!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Wildcat

Post by Wildcat »

I also highly recommend a Cintiq tablet. *Especially* if you're an artist! XD

It is a slick, handy piece of equipment, and even if you don't know what you're doing, you'll catch on pretty quick!

Wildcat
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

I don't actually have a Cintiq, but I see no reason why it would need to be significantly thicker than an Android tablet. Possibly thinner, because most of the electronics can be somewhere else (in the computer) and it doesn't need a battery - on the other hand, it needs greater precision, and sensitivity to sharper pointing devices, than most Android tablets actually have.

There are Android apps that supposedly let one use an Android tablet as a drawing pad for your computer. The one I tested several years ago didn't bring the computer's screen to the tablet, but by now I think there's a good chance that has been dealt with.