Assigned to You 2012-10-30

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
nerf-dweller

Assigned to You 2012-10-30

Post by nerf-dweller »

Well well. Things are getting very interesting. Assigned as what? A liason? A guide? A techear?

And is Monica surly because she's dealing with her Doubt, or because she's learned she's at the Apex in the Supernatural world?
Opus the Poet

Re: Assigned to You 2012-10-30

Post by Opus the Poet »

She's ba-aack! And still a fan girl, just not as bad as for Shelly.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

So that explains why Tsillah had 2 Cerberi as pets. It also means that the demon in Monica's left pocket is not a demon at all. I wonder if she was the one to pull off the ghoul face that scared off Specks?
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

nerf-dweller wrote:Well well. Things are getting very interesting. Assigned as what? A liason? A guide? A techear?

And is Monica surly because she's dealing with her Doubt, or because she's learned she's at the Apex in the Supernatural world?

I think that she is doing for Monica what her Father has done for Bia in the distant past so I would think all 3 jobs and a protector as well. As a protector her pets and her Shadow control could come in real handy. As for the Surly, I think she is still trying to work her current state into her understanding and trying to fit "science as she knows it" into her new state, and it kind of makes her brain chafe.
Last edited by Mark N on Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Oh, it's Tsillah! Uh, was she that busty before? Don't think so, IIRC she looked like a goblin schoolgirl....

Wonder if she keeps her Cerberi in her back pocket(s). And if she's in Monica's, how many nested pocket dimensions (or demon-suns) can there be before the spins start out-of-sequence resonance....

Dammit, made my head hurt again....
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Monica's been guarded secretly since she was born (before, really) and each of her open guardians has been more sophisticated.

Dietzel, Tepoz, the GGs revealing themselves, Tina revealing herself, Phix, Nudge's reveal, and now Tsillah.

Also, Tsillah is direct about her being assigned. M is on coffee not alcohol now, so her consideration of her own "brains and power" is coming under the scrutiny, and possible challenge, of those claiming the authority to wield them over the world.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Casey

Post by Casey »

Well she's back. And her goofy fashion sense hasn't changed a bit.

And I suppose she's shadowing Monica now.
Dave

Post by Dave »

NOTDilbert wrote:Oh, it's Tsillah! Uh, was she that busty before? Don't think so, IIRC she looked like a goblin schoolgirl....
YRC! Based on her trick of dissolving, and the fact that she's just shown Monica two significantly different forms, and looks about twenty years older than when she met Shelly and Justin, I get the feeling that her form and appearance are very much a matter of choice at any particular moment.

It's going to be interesting to learn more about her nature and powers! Charon's daughter, hmmm? Probably knows Bia fairly well, then?

I wonder where her interests and loyalties lie? :?:
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Dave wrote:It's going to be interesting to learn more about her nature and powers! Charon's daughter, hmmm? Probably knows Bia fairly well, then?
Now we know she's of that divine servant caste, it makes more sense why she was assisting Styx's granddaughter's journey to Limbo.
Dave wrote:I wonder where her interests and loyalties lie? :?:
That's the million-obol question! :!:
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Dave wrote:
NOTDilbert wrote:Oh, it's Tsillah! Uh, was she that busty before? Don't think so, IIRC she looked like a goblin schoolgirl....
YRC! Based on her trick of dissolving, and the fact that she's just shown Monica two significantly different forms, and looks about twenty years older than when she met Shelly and Justin, I get the feeling that her form and appearance are very much a matter of choice at any particular moment.

It's going to be interesting to learn more about her nature and powers! Charon's daughter, hmmm? Probably knows Bia fairly well, then?

And she is much taller, probably over 9'.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

My2Cents wrote:
Dave wrote:

And she is much taller, probably over 9'.
I think she is doing this to match the others in the entourage. Her clothes though are her own modesty I would think.
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

Being a creature of shadow, Tsillah can, I would think, assume any form she wants, at any time. Refer back to her changing horns when she encountered Shell and Justin.
If I was Monica, my first question would be, "Assigned by whom?" My guess is the meddling Titan, Bia. In which case, Mon should tell Tsillah to get lost (as much as I like seeing her return).
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

Darn! Now we won't know if the vampires are still killers for who knows how long now. I hate it when that happens.

And WTF? Monica's character seems to have completely changed. From pensive and sunshine to darkness and brooding with a touch of malice. When she talked to Doubt before, it was more of a sparing match, but now it's on a more somber level. Naturally the revelations she has had recently would have quite an impact, but it seems not for the better. Also, she seems to be aware of the fact her demons are walking with her now and what they are doing. During her walk to work, she seems to have taken an attitude of "just try and mess with me, I dare you!" Almost as if she is itching to be tested by someone in some way. I think her newly realized status has gone to her head. Any semblance of politeness is gone. Maybe she'll be somewhat more courteous to Tsillah once she fully realizes she's not a demon as such. I mean, Tsillah is trying to be nice to Monica. Downright subservient even.
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
chibichibi01

Post by chibichibi01 »

Tsillah! ~<3 I've been waiting for her to come back and I'm so gorram giddy right now. This strip made my day. There's no way I could have a bad one now. Squee!
ImageImage
MrBill

Post by MrBill »

A couple days ago Specs said of Monica: "She can walk between the land of the dead and the demon realm, wield astral fire, and...".

And here was Monica walking - wrapped in flames of astral fire - between her demon Doubt and Tsillah, who - as Charon's daughter - might just be considered as representing the 'land of the dead'.

Of course, there is that 'and...' at the end of Spec's little speech to keep our imaginations active.

-- Bill
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

@bathory

I guess Moncaos still a bit miffed about the ripping-the-heart-out-and-bursting-into-flames...thing.

She'll come around. Maybe she's -again- waiting for the next shoe to drop.
Monica is really bad with uncertainty, she used to use her scientific way of deconstructing life, but that went out of the window pretty quick.

The physical appearance of "Doubt" is also véry significant here. Éverytime Monica was in turmoil, Doubt would assume a physical shape.

This is, indubitably, one of those times.

And Yay! Tsillah.. Bit crinkly, though..
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

From M's comments it is clear she does know about the flock and spotted the new girl. So it appears this is normal for her. It implies she is used to only her demons but why are they visibal at all out in the open. Usally they only showed up privatly with Monica.
Now she will have to ask why T was assigned especially by Charon. Is T going to be a ticket agent for people who tick M off?
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

zachariah wrote:From M's comments it is clear she does know about the flock and spotted the new girl. So it appears this is normal for her. It implies she is used to only her demons but why are they visibal at all out in the open. Usally they only showed up privatly with Monica.
Now she will have to ask why T was assigned especially by Charon. Is T going to be a ticket agent for people who tick M off?
We have seen the entourage before. When M is feeling at her most dominant, so do her demons. She may be surly and grumbling about things, but she is actually feeling like she is a bad-ass who can conquer all. Her demons reflect this, as her emotional power gives them power and prestige. The "pixy with the rack" is ready to grab giants by the short hairs and tie them in knots, and they are ready to help. If she dies (and she cannot), they would end up with a... lesser host. They are top demons, and want all the other demons and supernaturals to know it.

This is why we were debating bad-ass music the other day. Now we just need something for her to get her bad-assery onto.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Well, I see Tsillah has grown her hair out, just like she said. Wonder if THAT will come up in conversation.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Julie

Post by Julie »

Huh...so Tsillah was there...not sure I like her "adult" appearance. She was really cute as a little goblin fangirl. Then again, she doesn't seem to be as well versed on Monica (or how to interact with her), so she might have adjusted her appearance so as to not be brushed off?

Definitely surious to learn who assigned her to M and why...was it Bia (to keep an eye on yet another of her "experiments")? or Charon (because he might have an interest in someone who can communicate with the dead but cannot die)?

I wonder if M has fully grasped yet that she doesn't need to fear Phix anymore...
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."