Short Hiatus 2018-05-18

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
jwhouk

Short Hiatus 2018-05-18

Post by jwhouk »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/short-hiatus/

Boss is switching from ink and paper to his new Wacom Tablet.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Drakkenmensch

Re: Short Hiatus 2018-05-18

Post by Drakkenmensch »

<is distracted by the sexy barista striptease> ... za? Who's got the what now?
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Drakkenmensch wrote:<is distracted by the sexy barista striptease> ... za? Who's got the what now?
That could drive a man to drink or something to distract himself
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

That is a very stretchy bikini bottom.

Not that Bikini Bottom.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Biggest downside I personally see, is that this means no more auctions of the original strip art beyond this point, as there won't be any. Financially it probably makes good sense for Paul... the pinups he's been doing have been selling well at steadily-good prices... but I will rather miss the opportunity to acquire the originals of certain daily strips for my collection.

A lot of the ones I've won, over the years, weren't glamorous or sexy... rather, they've been moments of feeling or emotional impact for one or more of the characters. Euryale comforting a terrified Monica; Alan reconciling with Jin after her suicide attempt; Monica telling Jet "I will help you through the darkness"; Shelly in the moment of her return from the Time Forest. Paul tells some powerful stories that touch the heart, and I feel very privileged to be able to own a few pieces of the brick-and-mortar from which he's built his world.

If there won't be any more of that available... unfortunate, but life's all about change, and this is definitely one of them. Maybe Paul will surprise us with some new way we can get a piece of the action :)

And, of course, I'm very eager to see what a fully-digital Wapsi looks like!
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

I thought Tina was of Mexican descent. I guess she's Brazilian.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

I never figured her to be one to do that.

(Also, I'm kinda ashamed of myself for not thinking to make that same joke...)
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

shadowinthelight wrote:I thought Tina was of Mexican descent. I guess she's Brazilian.
hssss
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Dave: the artwork that goes onto the website might be a lower resolution than what Paul draws in on the tablet thing. You might ask about getting an ultra-high-resolution print (aka Paul taking his original file to Kinkos or something?).

If nothing else, you might ask for a physical re-draw. Won’t be the exact same, but it’ll be his pencil and marker strokes.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Dave

Post by Dave »

GlytchMeister wrote:Dave: the artwork that goes onto the website might be a lower resolution than what Paul draws in on the tablet thing. You might ask about getting an ultra-high-resolution print (aka Paul taking his original file to Kinkos or something?).
In the past, he did have a "buy a print" button on the strip web site, but it's been a while since he offered that option, I think.

He's sold giclee prints (basically very-high-resolution, stable-dye inkjet prints) for a number of his specialized images. The ones I've gotten have looked great... the one I have here in my office is the autumnal "Bud sitting on a park bench" image he offered a couple of years ago.
If nothing else, you might ask for a physical re-draw. Won’t be the exact same, but it’ll be his pencil and marker strokes.
That's definitely something to consider. It'd be neat to have the two images displayed side-by-side - a print of the fully-digital strip version, and the retro-re-envisioned pencil-and-marker version.

I have a great custom triptych at home - it has a scanned version of the "Time in the Time Forest" commission he did for me, and the two "artist's concept" sketches that he made when we were discussing the commission.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Alkarii wrote:I never figured her to be one to do that.

(Also, I'm kinda ashamed of myself for not thinking to make that same joke...)
In my, as-yet-not fully realized, fanfic reality- Tina has been 'coming out of her shell', so to speak, esp in terms of personal interactions & sensual experimentations...

The close-shave is a recent development and will likely morph into a more refined 'lightly trimmed' aspect.

In the mean time there's been lots of applications of cocoa butter (and other stuffs) to cut down on... irritation.

PS- I'm pretty sure some Swimsuit Ninjas were involved in the making of that suit...
Dave

Post by Dave »

TazManiac wrote:
Alkarii wrote:I never figured her to be one to do that.
In my, as-yet-not fully realized, fanfic reality- Tina has been 'coming out of her shell', so to speak, esp in terms of personal interactions & sensual experimentations...
And, no doubt, waxing enthusiastic about her experiences when she talks with trusted friends.

(Dave donates a bottle of ibuprofen to the Pun Jar).
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

(heh)

Initially there was application of Lidocaine Cream, topically, but it was pointed out to Stan that 'pain' was merely a sensory input like many others and didn't necessarily need a full press dulling-away.

Once he got over being freaked out, again, and not for the first time, ("If I choose to not 'feel' the pain, I don't have to...") he concentrated on the healing/homeopathic/lubrication-al aspects the opportunity presented...

I'm still working on the 'how much does Tina's paramour know' aspect & has he seen her wings yet- but I'm going to have to assume he has, along with the spooky Reset Function she does during downtimes, to 'refresh'.

There's a lot to Tina, and I have a good feeling we haven't yet seen even half of it...
Last edited by TazManiac on Wed May 30, 2018 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

I don't remember Tina having a boyfriend, and now that I think of it, I don't remember her being quite so busty. Maybe I wasn't looking.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Alkarii wrote:I don't remember Tina having a boyfriend, and now that I think of it, I don't remember her being quite so busty. Maybe I wasn't looking.
...You haven't read the fanfic. ;) lol
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Alkarii wrote: and now that I think of it, I don't remember her being quite so busty. Maybe I wasn't looking.
She has crossed the eBay transformation field... It seems to make all sorts of air bags deploy all over the place, as compared with their in-comic counterparts...
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

jwhouk wrote:
Alkarii wrote:I don't remember Tina having a boyfriend, and now that I think of it, I don't remember her being quite so busty. Maybe I wasn't looking.
Nah, it was sometime before I read your post that I remembered mention of a fanfic, and I was like "Wait a minute..."

But yeah, I haven't actually read any of the fanfics.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Monica > Katherine > Tina > Shelly

Thats usually been the Busty Hirarque (damn, I don't seem to be able to spell 'here-R-key'...).

I'm OK if Tina isn't the possessor of tigg-o'-bitties, it's more than OK to be able to enjoy the Vive La Difference aspect that the smörgåsbord of lovely ladies Nature provides...
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Alkarii wrote:
jwhouk wrote:
Nah, it was sometime before I read your post that I remembered mention of a fanfic, and I was like "Wait a minute..."

... you really should...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Sgt. Howard wrote:
Alkarii wrote:
jwhouk wrote: ...You haven't read the fanfic. ;) lol
... you really should...
Start with that one about The Centurion and The Sphinx. It's a good'un.