Guard dogs 2012-10-29

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Mark N

Re: Guard dogs 2012-10-29

Post by Mark N »

I have to admit that when I first saw the image of Monica flanked by her two watch dogs I was thinking that the one in her right pocket is demon and the one in her left a representative of the dead since she communicates with the Demon Realm and the Realm of the Dead. But I am gravitating to the skull demon as her aspect of mortality as she is finally admitting to herself that she has immortality now so she has no fear of it anymore. If she respects an aspect instead of fearing it it might just empower it as it looks here.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Graymalkin wrote:I keep seeing Alicia Keys singing: "This girl is ON FIIII-ERRRRRRR!"
Alex_H wrote:She's On Fire - Amy Holland
Ooo-oooh, I'm on fire
You burn me just the way you planned
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Could always go with Bruce:

"I'm On Fire"

Or, of course, that classic:

"Fire"
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Jabberwonky wrote:
davids4250 wrote:And why would a demon need a belly button?
I hear that demon belly-button lint is highly prized for summoning rituals...

Ahem! http://www.eeriecuties.com/strips-ec/ve ... rful_spell
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Forklifter

Post by Forklifter »

I dunno. If I saw Monica walking down the street, looking like that, I'd stay out of her way even if there were no demons visible. I would guess you'd have to be a pretty high powered threat to have Monica need them, nowadays. Though I suppose her powers don't really lend themselves to self-defense, so they are necessary.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Liar, liar! Pants on fi- oh wait: she's wearing a skirt... never mind... :P
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Forklifter wrote:I dunno. If I saw Monica walking down the street, looking like that, I'd stay out of her way even if there were no demons visible. I would guess you'd have to be a pretty high powered threat to have Monica need them, nowadays. Though I suppose her powers don't really lend themselves to self-defense, so they are necessary.
Maybe, but as far as Monica not having a self defense power, I think poiting an enemy into the Sun is quite a self defense power. :twisted:
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Mark N wrote:Maybe, but as far as Monica not having a self defense power, I think poiting an enemy into the Sun is quite a self defense power. :twisted:
Sometimes, the best defense is a good offense...
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

lake_wrangler wrote:
Mark N wrote:Maybe, but as far as Monica not having a self defense power, I think poiting an enemy into the Sun is quite a self defense power. :twisted:
Sometimes, the best defense is a good offense...
That is how I was raised to see it. :( (only way for a nerd to make it through the school system in the 70's and 80's)
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Re: What can the Demons Do?

From what I understand the only one of Monica's demons who can physically affect their host - or the real world at all - is the one with the 'nose flick' - the others are limited to what they can talk her into.
If she's not paying attention to her inner peanut gallery, they might slip in some 'lethal advice' - something that could result in another's harm, or death. Tina's demons can speak to people directly, and are thus very dangerous - she can tell someone's heart to stop, and it will, before they can react.
We still don't know if Mon's demons can or cannot directly affect the vampires - the demons may be limited to giving irresistable orders ("Go f@<k yourselves" seems to be on Doubts mind) or may be able to affect supernaturals directly.

Gonna have to wait and see.....

BTW, just noticed how - pleased Doubt seems to be after the brush-off....and she got her lips back for that little smile....
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville