Stately And Refined 2018-05-03

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AnotherFairportfan

Stately And Refined 2018-05-03

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
jwhouk

Re: Stately And Refined 2018-05-03

Post by jwhouk »

I'll take "Words that I never thought I'd hear describe a Sphinx" for $100, Alex.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Ya gotta admit, there something sexy about a dangerous woman... and I got one right here!!!
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

"Metal as fuck"?

Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

She'll take you by the hand, then the head, the heart, continuing down through the torso toward the legs....

Ah, memories!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Drakkenmensch

Post by Drakkenmensch »

jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

shadowinthelight wrote:"Metal as fuck"?

Nah, the "stately and refined". We've known her too long to think of her that way. And, we all knew she was metal.

Luci's got it bad, got it bad, got it bad. She's hot for teacher.
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

The CRUSH IS REAL <3
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

"Metal? You should meet my friend Daylla."

And I suppose that this is partly how the Library manages to afford room and board for its staff: very stiff over-due fees on books, payable to Phix.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Has anyone ever fangirled or -boyed that hard ar Phix before?
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
eee

Post by eee »

Luci has it BAD. I wonder if she might be a sphinx, herself, and not have manifested yet or even be aware of it.

I'm also wondering who Phix was eating. What we can see of the anatomy suggests human, and there have been hints that she and Shelly are both doing what Sphinxes do, consumption-wise; but I can't see either of them killing someone without cause.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

eee wrote:Luci has it BAD. I wonder if she might be a sphinx, herself, and not have manifested yet or even be aware of it.

I'm also wondering who Phix was eating. What we can see of the anatomy suggests human, and there have been hints that she and Shelly are both doing what Sphinxes do, consumption-wise; but I can't see either of them killing someone without cause.
Well we might wish to consider that being hungry might be cause enough. I myself have had to stalk the elusive McRib sandwich for days before cornering it and going for the kill.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Dave

Post by Dave »

Catawampus wrote:And I suppose that this is partly how the Library manages to afford room and board for its staff: very stiff over-due fees on books, payable to Phix.
I don't think that was a library customer. I think it was an author.

A bad author, of bad books. The Library gets a copy of every book written, anywhere... but that doesn't mean that Phix has to like them all.

You know the old cliche "The critics will eat you alive"? Well, at the Library, it isn't just a metaphor.
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

Dave wrote:
Catawampus wrote:And I suppose that this is partly how the Library manages to afford room and board for its staff: very stiff over-due fees on books, payable to Phix.
I don't think that was a library customer. I think it was an author.

A bad author, of bad books. The Library gets a copy of every book written, anywhere... but that doesn't mean that Phix has to like them all.

You know the old cliche "The critics will eat you alive"? Well, at the Library, it isn't just a metaphor.
They author know better than to get near a Sphinx literary critic.
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
Akeche

Post by Akeche »

Yeesh, no warning for this page?

I gotta admit it's hard to like/relate to a character when they're shown to be like that and supposedly -recently- enough for little Castela to have seen it.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Opus the Poet wrote:Has anyone ever fangirled or -boyed that hard ar Phix before?

... you've seen my avatar, right?
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

Akeche wrote:Yeesh, no warning for this page?

I gotta admit it's hard to like/relate to a character when they're shown to be like that and supposedly -recently- enough for little Castela to have seen it.
Have to say that I see Paul's point here. A predator is a predator, and yanno what that's part of the package. At least she's tidy about it. Respect is the name of that game - respect the boundaries and you don't end up a canape. The Wapsiverse has never been a fluffy-bunny hugs and puppies kind of place.

As far as liking or relating to the character - I find it gives them much more depth - and depth is good in any literary endeavour.
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Sgt. Howard wrote:
Opus the Poet wrote:Has anyone ever fangirled or -boyed that hard ar Phix before?

... you've seen my avatar, right?
Yes, we have. And we've read the book(s), too.
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Just Old Al wrote: Have to say that I see Paul's point here. A predator is a predator, and yanno what that's part of the package. At least she's tidy about it. Respect is the name of that game - respect the boundaries and you don't end up a canape. The Wapsiverse has never been a fluffy-bunny hugs and puppies kind of place.

As far as liking or relating to the character - I find it gives them much more depth - and depth is good in any literary endeavour.
Jin hasn't exactly been neat and tidy herself on a couple of occasions. Bud just has a knack of trying to emulate Aroldis Chapman, while Brandi has to have some Trojan war reject watching her every move to keep her from doing something just as nasty.
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

jwhouk wrote:while Brandi has to have some Trojan war reject watching her every move to keep her from doing something just as nasty.
I just blew my coffee all over my monitor....

"Trojan War reject..."