Sore Shoulder Break 2018-04-11

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Chaise Murphy

Re: Sore Shoulder Break 2018-04-11

Post by Chaise Murphy »

Typeminer wrote:
Technically, there is no Iowa bourbon. "Bourbon" is a denomination of origin. By definition, it's distilled in Kentucky. :twisted:
Actually, Wikipedia says "Bourbon's legal definition varies somewhat from country to country, but many trade agreements require the name bourbon to be reserved for products made in the United States.... While bourbon may be made anywhere in the United States, it is strongly associated with the American South, and with Kentucky in particular."

In actual (well, my) usage, it tends to be reserved for spirits coloured by being aged in charred oak, as distinct from Scotch, which has added caramel. This may explain why I get worse hangovers from scotch than from bourbon.
Typeminer

Post by Typeminer »

Opus the Poet wrote:
Typeminer wrote: Technically, there is no Iowa bourbon. "Bourbon" is a denomination of origin. By definition, it's distilled in Kentucky. :twisted:
Callback to this strip: http://wapsisquare.com/comic/use-your-noggin/
Ah, thanks! I am plainly overdue for an archive dive. :)
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Chaise Murphy wrote:
Typeminer wrote:
Technically, there is no Iowa bourbon. "Bourbon" is a denomination of origin. By definition, it's distilled in Kentucky. :twisted:
Actually, Wikipedia says "Bourbon's legal definition varies somewhat from country to country, but many trade agreements require the name bourbon to be reserved for products made in the United States.... While bourbon may be made anywhere in the United States, it is strongly associated with the American South, and with Kentucky in particular."

In actual (well, my) usage, it tends to be reserved for spirits coloured by being aged in charred oak, as distinct from Scotch, which has added caramel. This may explain why I get worse hangovers from scotch than from bourbon.
"Bourbon" comes from Kentucky.

"Tennessee whiskey" comes from Tennessee.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Meanwhile, Tina has stepped in for an appearance on Sore Shoulder 2 - Electric Boogaloo.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
eee

Post by eee »

Tina, not Shelly. The eyes and neckband give it away. Despite the wings. Despite the figure, so well displayed in that sundress. She's what, 40? Being a demon covey slowly merging into a single entity, and a reanimated corpse, seems to suit her.
jwhouk wrote:Meanwhile, Tina has stepped in for an appearance on Sore Shoulder 2 - Electric Boogaloo.
Hear hear! Since nobody seems to want to make another thread for the new shoulder rest, we'll continue using this one. :D
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

eee wrote:Tina, not Shelly. The eyes and neckband give it away. Despite the wings. Despite the figure, so well displayed in that sundress. She's what, 40? Being a demon covey slowly merging into a single entity, and a reanimated corpse, seems to suit her.
jwhouk wrote:Meanwhile, Tina has stepped in for an appearance on Sore Shoulder 2 - Electric Boogaloo.
Hear hear! Since nobody seems to want to make another thread for the new shoulder rest, we'll continue using this one. :D

Dude, I'm just slow to catching up to the Happs... go here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3514&p=89223#p89223 oops...

Sore Shoulder Break 2018-04-11