Next Question 2018-04-09

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
jwhouk

Next Question 2018-04-09

Post by jwhouk »

Next Question

Interesting what we now know about the World Grid. Maybe all the spooky stuff happening in places around the world are related to it?

...and anyone wanna bet MSP is one of the anchor points?
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
jwhouk

Re: Next Question 2018-04-09

Post by jwhouk »

And, anyone wanna bet that Alt-Daylla found herself becoming more transparent the closer she got to the anchor?
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Sorry, I don't take on bets that I'm sure to lose... In fact, I don't take on bets, period... :P
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Hey Folks, good to be back. Had a Computer glitch that was resolved thanks to GEEK SQUAD.
Anyway, Dayla appears to be "Screaming" at Dayla from inside the 'fold' perhaps she has some clue to give "Herself".
Dave

Post by Dave »

TheDOCTOR wrote:Anyway, Dayla appears to be "Screaming" at Dayla from inside the 'fold' perhaps she has some clue to give "Herself".
"Run for your life!! It's the Plague of Ten Thousand Pestilential Putrescences!!"

One wonders whether Daylla-1 is seeing, or is at all aware of the spectral presence of Daylla-2 in the anchor field. Her self-dialog so far is ambiguous, at least to me... she hasn't explicitly acknowledged the presence of her alter ego, just referred to her in the past tense.

The inverted layout of the third panel, looking at things from what would be Daylla-2's orientation, suggests to me that Daylla-2 is in fact alive and not just an image.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Dave wrote:
TheDOCTOR wrote:Anyway, Dayla appears to be "Screaming" at Dayla from inside the 'fold' perhaps she has some clue to give "Herself".
"Run for your life!! It's the Plague of Ten Thousand Pestilential Putrescences!!"

One wonders whether Daylla-1 is seeing, or is at all aware of the spectral presence of Daylla-2 in the anchor field. Her self-dialog so far is ambiguous, at least to me... she hasn't explicitly acknowledged the presence of her alter ego, just referred to her in the past tense.

The inverted layout of the third panel, looking at things from what would be Daylla-2's orientation, suggests to me that Daylla-2 is in fact alive and not just an image.
It kinda seems to me it’s more of a case of “I have no mouth and I must scream”.

Aka she’s alive, is in lots and lots of pain, and is stuck that way.

My question is: what’s in Daylla-2’s hand?
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Dave

Post by Dave »

GlytchMeister wrote:My question is: what’s in Daylla-2’s hand?
Yeah, I just noticed that myself. Cellphone? or her voice recorder? Can she drop or toss it beyond the anchor field, and get it to where Daylla-1 can find it?

It's probably not just an oversized box of breath mints, and we don't have any reason to believe that she smokes cigarettes so it's not just her pack of the day.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Looking at both of the most recent pages, there's a Daylla visible in the folded anchor who might still be alive if released from said anchor. Might being the operative word for this case. Schrodinger has a tabby in a similar situation. waiting on a radioactive atom to decay. Actually I think that tabby has long expired from old age by now. :ugeek:
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Dave wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote:My question is: what’s in Daylla-2’s hand?
Yeah, I just noticed that myself. Cellphone? or her voice recorder? Can she drop or toss it beyond the anchor field, and get it to where Daylla-1 can find it?

It's probably not just an oversized box of breath mints, and we don't have any reason to believe that she smokes cigarettes so it's not just her pack of the day.
It's probably the note she's about to write and pass to herself so when she reappears again in two months, she'll know what to tell herself.

As long as she doesn't kill her grandparents, she'll be OK.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
eee

Post by eee »

It IS interesting to wonder why Daylla 2, presented with the same facts as Daylla 1, came up with a theory but Daylla 1 didn't. There must have been some difference between the two, individually. But what could it have been?

Maybe, if D-1 can see what it is that D-2 is holding in her right hand, and any information displayed on it, she can figure things out as well.
TheDOCTOR wrote:Hey Folks, good to be back. Had a Computer glitch that was resolved thanks to GEEK SQUAD.
Anyway, Dayla appears to be "Screaming" at Dayla from inside the 'fold' perhaps she has some clue to give "Herself".
Welcome back. And Daylla 2 was in the same position on Friday. It looks like she's stuck in the anchor like a bug in amber, and time may not even bee passing for her. If D-1 gets a long pole and pokes her, I wonder if she could push her alternative out and then we'd have two Dayllas!

Or it might kill her. Or lead to both Dayllas being stuck in the Anchor.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

I'm wondering if the inverted positions in the third panel are going to be relevant to future developments. It isn't that often that we see something quirky with the layout, and I don't think the quirk was irrelevant every time.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.