Lowlifes Like Us 2012-10-25

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Wolfmand
Location: SW Washington State, out in the country and up in the mountains.

Re: Lowlifes Like Us 2012-10-25

Post by Wolfmand »

Hmmm. The demon(?) glaring back looks a lot like Shelly.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

My2Cents wrote:
davids4250 wrote:If Monica looked in a mirror with one eye closed, would she see her posse? We haven't encountered her demons for a long time, and I think they would be more likely to go after someone who really pissed her off than her, given the looks they are giving the vamps.
I think if I was a vampire, I would just fade quietly into the background - in, say, Seattle or somewhere far from Wapsi Square.
Australia might be a better choice, maybe even Tasmania.
Nuh-uh, too many devils...

(drops a crane-game Taz into the pun jar)
Bathory's Daughter wrote:Seems like they would have gotten Monica's eye (attention) just from that "Holy s**t!" exclamation. I know if someone said that as I approached I would wonder what it was about. But Monica just keeps walking on as if nothing happened. Odd.
She didn't seem to notice that Euryale was nekkid in the Library annex...

Just because...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Jabberwonky wrote:Just because...
Yes, quite. :P

...and now I'm wondering what Euryale was listening to. Again.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
illiad

Post by illiad »

Bathorys Daughter wrote:And today's questions;
Seems like they would have gotten Monica's eye (attention) just from that "Holy s**t!" exclamation. I know if someone said that as I approached I would wonder what it was about. But Monica just keeps walking on as if nothing happened. Odd.
well, I am used to 'heavy rock' dudes, so if someone said that , I'd just ;) and walk on by... 8-)
this is the real badass... :p (safe, but dont play it, if prudes are about!!! :D )
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... ock+badass

If you have ever seen big rappers, and their entourage of bodyguards, etc, todays strip fits.. you would like to get to the main man, but the bodyguards make you think otherwise.. :)

I think M is blissfully unaware of what she causes, though... :)
MerchManDan wrote:

LOL, but her being a fan of 'dahn sarth' it could be this... :D
Kaibyo

Post by Kaibyo »

Big things come in FUN-sized packages!!
"Our scientific power has out run our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men" - Martin Luther King Jr.

"As a woman I have no country. As a woman my country is the whole world." - Virginia Woolf
Wildcat

Post by Wildcat »

Heheh, fangirls ^.^

Wildcat
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

I wonder how much of what the vamps said was exagerated from the rumour mill? Word spreads fast and the words change as they spread. So that is what they heard but not necessarialy what is real. M has shown no ability to move between realms and into the demon realm nto do I think she would want to.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
chibichibi01

Post by chibichibi01 »

Haha! Fang girls it is! It's alright, mosquitoes, that entourage is almost enough to scare me too, but then... we know them pretty well by now.

Not I've got to see how the other Apex Supernaturals react.

-drops a sharpened canine into the pun jar-
ImageImage
donoho

Post by donoho »

Monica. Now The Natural AND Supernatural HAWTNESS.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

MerchManDan wrote:

Looking carefully at the screen on the iPoot...and just the screen, thank you...It looks like the White Album by Richard Cheese. (critics were confused by an unfortunate printing error)

EDIT: Fix redundant names
EDIT: fixing the errors made by fixing the original error...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
MrFireDragon

Post by MrFireDragon »

so, we have the vampires we were talking about a few posts ago..... will there be other lowlifes like lycantropes and other B-movie monsters? the blob would be nice, a female blob...... oh the possibilities for shape shifting a female blob character....
"Live, Laugh, Love and Keep Moving Forward." MrFireDragon
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

MerchManDan wrote:
shadowinthelight wrote:
Jay-Em wrote:Monica looks like some Demon-Mobster here, surrounded as she is by her bodyguards/enforcers.
Yes, she needs theme music.
Indeed, but I'm torn between Rage Against The Machine and Tomoyasu Hotei.
I'd go with Tomoyasu Hotei. I guess Monica is now. Oficially. A. HOTTIE! 8-)
I mean she can't get any hotter without melting the Earths' Crust.
Oh my, What will Monica do to 'Poor Kevin' when they're alone? I can picture her 'Entourage' outside the Bedroom door, fighting at the keyhole, taking turns watching while quietly chanting: "YES!, Allright!, You go Girl!" and maybe an occasional "I taught her that one." while they pass the Popcorn, but holding up signs like 8.5, 10.0, 4.5 from the "Russian Judge" would not be appropriate. :lol:
analyst

Post by analyst »

MerchManDan wrote:
shadowinthelight wrote:
Jay-Em wrote:Monica looks like some Demon-Mobster here, surrounded as she is by her bodyguards/enforcers.
My vote is for Tomoyasu Hotei.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Yep, more members of the Monica Fan Club. Not as Squeeeee-mish as Euryale, but still in awe of our little bottle of Awesome Concentrate. Can't wait to see what these two seeming un-dead do for their day jobs.

And nice to see the Personal Demon Entourage still has her back.
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

shadowinthelight wrote:
Yeah, the Spirit of the New Era already has an entourage, ladies.

While Monica is all Alabama 3, Specs is going more... Plain White T's....

I wanna have a party in the middle of the street
Invite all the carnies
And the crazy acrobats and bearded ladies
And the fire breathers, all the people just like me

Maybe Phix compared them to mosquitoes because they don't seem to think more than two steps ahead. At least Dreads is... seeing the Fear first.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
as363

Post by as363 »

Bathorys Daughter wrote:
NOTDilbert wrote:Why, Monica, what....TALL demons you have... :shock:

Were, uh, they always that tall? Seems I remember 'em being only a little taller than Mon, or about average human female height.

Also - news travels FAST on the supernatural streets....
Took me a while to find it, but, yes, they always were that tall .
Thanks for the quick find - much appreciated !
Julie

Post by Julie »

Bathorys Daughter wrote:And today's questions;
Seems like they would have gotten Monica's eye (attention) just from that "Holy s**t!" exclamation. I know if someone said that as I approached I would wonder what it was about. But Monica just keeps walking on as if nothing happened. Odd.

Will all the supernaturals now always see Monica bathed in continuous astral flames? Seems like that would get annoying and make them really reluctant to hug her.

Are her demons now sort of free agents, bent to her will and protection? Attack dogs who will do bad things to those who mess with her? Usually demons aren't allowed to torment anyone but their host, and then only via words (and, for one type, the odd nose flick). Can her flock take more physical action against others now, at least supernaturals? It would seem so given the vampires apprehension about them. Do they need a command from Monica or do they just so whatever they think is appropriate? Whichever, it would seem Monica would need to know about that before they do something she will regret.
I'm thinking that yes, all supernatural types probably see (and will continue to see) M bathed in astral flames and surrounded by demons. Though Euryale didn't instantly recognize her at their first meeting...but then the astral flames might not have been truly activated until the recent situation.

I'm going to lay out a couple of guesses on the demons' behavior too:

A) Vampires might not classify as "people you can't torment" if they never had their own demons. We were told that the demons infested humans. If these vampires were never human (since some mythologies/legends have vamps being born instead of made...or both), they may not have demons of their own...and may therefore be free-game for demon torment.

B) Whether or not the previous guess was correct, I'm thinking that Dreads was judging M's mood as unapproachable based on the looks they got from the demons...not necessarily that the demons were a danger to her and Specs.

OR

C) M's demons think just as highly of vampires as Phix does, and were glaring these two down to keep them from "sullying" M's presence.

And might I add that my initial reaction to today's page was a kind of chill/shudder followed by a wide-eyed "Oooooo." :) This was an awesome page...and would have made a great Friday. Now I'm nervous about tomorrow though. :P
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Dave

Post by Dave »

It's an interesting contrast with the past. Previously, when we've seen Monica with her demons, she was aware of and interacting with them (one of her rather unique attributes, as humans go). Now, although she has been "awakened" into her power, she seems unaware of the fact that her demons are flocking around and are visible to other paranormals. I wonder when she'll notice them, and whether they are deliberately hanging back out of her field of view and remaining quiet to avoid her attention?

In an odd quirk of fate, this time it's not Doubt's ass that's on fire! 8-)

The "Demon Shepherd" it is, now? I wonder how and when you shear a demon, and what kind of wool you get? Perhaps the sort that demons love to pull over peoples' eyes? Do Demon Shepherds have the spiritual equivalents of sheepdogs, to help keep their flocks together and in line?

As far as musical themes for the second panel go, I agree that Tomoyasu Hotel is good... but what first came to my mind is "Bad To The Bone" as used in the second Terminator movie.
alj_ws

Post by alj_ws »

analyst wrote:
MerchManDan wrote:
shadowinthelight wrote:Yes, she needs theme music.
My vote is for Tomoyasu Hotei.
Beethoven Ninth Symphony, Second Movement would be appropriate (clockwork orange theme)
And as Monica is an Audio(Phile)(Nut), she would probably agree
Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
Oscar Wilde
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

MerchManDan wrote:

Whitesnake, of course.

(Drops a copy of Slide It In and a picture of Tawny Kitaenen into the pun vault)
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin