Lowlifes Like Us 2012-10-25

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Dr. Otter

Lowlifes Like Us 2012-10-25

Post by Dr. Otter »

Last edited by Dr. Otter on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be the role model she'll always remember. Be a Girl Scout volunteer today!
My2Cents

Re: Lowlifes Like Us

Post by My2Cents »

Now we know what the vampires saw. And they are definitely scared.
It is confirmed that they are vampires in daylight. And it is likely that they are normally invisible, because they are surprised that Monica saw them.

It looks like Monica has some new personal demons, if they are demons.
How about introducing us to them?
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Jay-Em

Re: Lowlifes Like Us 2012-10-25

Post by Jay-Em »

Ah! I see.. So thát's what the vamps see. *shudder* They're "groupies", "groupies"that are in awe, and in dread (understandably) at the same time.
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Glasses is star struck, Dreddy is scared...Looks to me like M's demons got the same power upgrades that she did :shock: ... Don't know if that's a good idea or not...

EDIT: And it seems like the Vamps know how they're thought of by the rest of the paranormals...That can't be good for your self esteem...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Fairportfan

Re: Lowlifes Like Us

Post by Fairportfan »

My2Cents wrote:Now we know what the vampires saw. And they are definitely scared.
It is confirmed that they are vampires in daylight. And it is likely that they are normally invisible, because they are surprised that Monica saw them.
Ummm - it doesn't say anywhere that they're invisible. It does say that apparently they didn't "catch her eye".
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Yep! Monica is officially Badass (tm).

And the vampire girls know not to meddle in the affairs of dragons, er, demon shepherds, for they are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Apologies in advance:

♫Burn baby burn, phoenix inferno
Burn baby burn, walk with demons now♫
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
aeddan

Post by aeddan »

Channeling Samuel L. Jackson:

"... Blessed is she who, in the name of bad-assery and the supernatural, shepherds the demons through the land of the dead, for she is truly the Golem Girls' keeper, and the poiter of incoming bullets. ..."
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

It would seem that if Monica closed one eye and looked in a mirror she would see herself in flames, very unnerving. :o
I also do not think that the vamps are invisible, I think that in most circumstances they don't care what others think about them and they may be the types to put off that "What are you looking at" vibe. But Monica seems to be considered an Apex human supernatural now so her even noticing them in any type of fashion without disgust seems to have Specs (sorry the glasses are cute) on cloud nine and Dreads living up to her (forum given) nickname. :twisted:
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Why, Monica, what....TALL demons you have... :shock:

Were, uh, they always that tall? Seems I remember 'em being only a little taller than Mon, or about average human female height.

Also - news travels FAST on the supernatural streets....
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

@my2cents

I guess her Demons shift about in appearance . Though, "Fear/panic" and "Doubt" are still the same.Especially Doubt can throw a rather scary scowl.

Monica looks like some Demon-Mobster here, surrounded as she is by her bodyguards/enforcers.
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Jay-Em wrote:Monica looks like some Demon-Mobster here, surrounded as she is by her bodyguards/enforcers.
Yes, she needs theme music.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Stigmartyr762

Post by Stigmartyr762 »

Big things come in small packages and Monica is a pint sized powerhouse of epic proportions. LOL *drops two silver doubloons in the pun jar*
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

If Monica looked in a mirror with one eye closed, would she see her posse? We haven't encountered her demons for a long time, and I think they would be more likely to go after someone who really pissed her off than her, given the looks they are giving the vamps.
I think if I was a vampire, I would just fade quietly into the background - in, say, Seattle or somewhere far from Wapsi Square.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
Casey

Post by Casey »

I do believe my prediction from the other day was spot-on. That doesn't happen very often, so forgive me if I bask in the moment.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

shadowinthelight wrote:
Jay-Em wrote:Monica looks like some Demon-Mobster here, surrounded as she is by her bodyguards/enforcers.
Yes, she needs theme music.
Indeed, but I'm torn between Rage Against The Machine and Tomoyasu Hotei.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

davids4250 wrote:If Monica looked in a mirror with one eye closed, would she see her posse? We haven't encountered her demons for a long time, and I think they would be more likely to go after someone who really pissed her off than her, given the looks they are giving the vamps.
I think if I was a vampire, I would just fade quietly into the background - in, say, Seattle or somewhere far from Wapsi Square.
Australia might be a better choice, maybe even Tasmania.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

And today's questions;
Seems like they would have gotten Monica's eye (attention) just from that "Holy s**t!" exclamation. I know if someone said that as I approached I would wonder what it was about. But Monica just keeps walking on as if nothing happened. Odd.

Will all the supernaturals now always see Monica bathed in continuous astral flames? Seems like that would get annoying and make them really reluctant to hug her.

Are her demons now sort of free agents, bent to her will and protection? Attack dogs who will do bad things to those who mess with her? Usually demons aren't allowed to torment anyone but their host, and then only via words (and, for one type, the odd nose flick). Can her flock take more physical action against others now, at least supernaturals? It would seem so given the vampires apprehension about them. Do they need a command from Monica or do they just so whatever they think is appropriate? Whichever, it would seem Monica would need to know about that before they do something she will regret.

Obviously everyone else knows much more about her than she does. Seems like it's time for Demon Shepherd 101 classes to begin. Maybe taught by Prof. Shelly? Or Prof. Brandi even? At least give her a book for goodness sake! This giving her information in drips is dangerous.
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

I vote for Art of War.
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

NOTDilbert wrote:Why, Monica, what....TALL demons you have... :shock:

Were, uh, they always that tall? Seems I remember 'em being only a little taller than Mon, or about average human female height.

Also - news travels FAST on the supernatural streets....
Took me a while to find it, but, yes, they always were that tall .
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.