About Comfort 2018-02-15

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
jwhouk

About Comfort 2018-02-15

Post by jwhouk »

"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
TazManiac

Re: About Comfort 2018-02-15

Post by TazManiac »

"I can take it off when I get in my bag...", shooooot...; Having that fleecy extra layer on your arms is a great idea in that they might stick out of the bag during sleep.

That, and at some point- folks are going to be shook awake by 'reasons' and jumping to your feet in Observe/Assess for Fight/Flight Reaction mode leaves one in the near buff...
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

• This fleece was made for sleeping
    And that's just what I'll do!
    So if you dare to disturb me
    I'm going to cuddle up to you...

Tosses Nancy Sinatra's Greatest Hits album into the Pun Jar.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

Atomic wrote:
  • This fleece was made for sleeping
    And that's just what I'll do!
    So if you dare to disturb me
    I'm going to cuddle up to you...

Tosses Nancy Sinatra's Greatest Hits album into the Pun Jar.
Thanks. Now I'm going to have that damn bass riff stuck in my head all day.
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
Dave

Post by Dave »

Just Old Al wrote:Thanks. Now I'm going to have that damn bass riff stuck in my head all day.
What surprises me is that anyone who has ever been through basic training in the military, can stand to hear that melody again under any circumstances at all. They just pound it into you, as a mnemonic, during those long sessions about "survival cooking under field conditions" and "making use of local food resources". It's probably what put Milo Minderbinder on the shady path he followed... he went mad from having to listen to the same riff over and over and over...

I really don't know how Nancy Sinatra thought it was a good idea to lift the tune to
  • These boots were made for wokkin',
    and they'll make tasty stew.
    One of these days, these boots are gonna
    feed someone like you.
(Dave places a copy of "To Serve Man" into the Pun Jar. If the kids get stranded at Gryphon by a really bad winter storm, and if the portal fails, they might just need it eventually. :twisted: )
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Reminds me of how i dress when the grandkids come over.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Dave wrote: (Dave places a copy of "To Serve Man" into the Pun Jar. If the kids get stranded at Gryphon by a really bad winter storm, and if the portal fails, they might just need it eventually. :twisted: )
Fairly sure the school has its own access to the portals.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Dave

Post by Dave »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
Dave wrote: (Dave places a copy of "To Serve Man" into the Pun Jar. If the kids get stranded at Gryphon by a really bad winter storm, and if the portal fails, they might just need it eventually. :twisted: )
Fairly sure the school has its own access to the portals.
It was the school portal I was referring to, as being a possible point of failure. Who knows what severe winter-storm runoff and flooding might do to it :-( especially if it's down in a dark basement.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Now they all get into their sleeping bags and go to sleep, but in the middle of the night something ghostly happens and the kids all start running around. And then everybody gets all embarrassed, because they all had really skimpy pyjamas on under what they were wearing, and took off their outer layers when they got into their sleeping bags.