Get The Munchies 2018-02-13

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Dave

Get The Munchies 2018-02-13

Post by Dave »

So... is Digit missing the point, being cool, being a smartass, trying reverse psychology, applying spider sociology to non-spiders, or ???

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/get-the-munchies/
TazManiac

Re: Get The Munchies 2018-02-13

Post by TazManiac »

...pragmatic, resigned, jaded,...
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

My kind of chaperone!
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

(EDITED)

The late-model VW Golf pulled into the narrow alleyway, crawling to a stop in front of a large metal door, marked "2916 HENNEPIN". A woman, in a parka and wearing a knit wool "tocque," stepped out from the driver's seat.

"Freakin' freezing out here," she mumbled to no one. "Dunno why I'm delivering to the back door of a freakin' restaurant, anyways..."

She reached back into her front seat, where sat a red bag with the PAPA'S PIZZA logo on it - filled with three pies for the address in question. She looked again at the instructions on the order receipt.

"Knock twice, then touch the handle and say, 'Delivery for Gryphon!'" She scrunched her face at the odd request, but gamely pulled the bag out of her car, then walked up and over to the door, going around a metal railing that surrounded a ramp to the back entrance.

She promptly knocked twice, touched the handle and said, "Delivery for Gryphon!" as instructed. About two seconds later, a young woman with an oddly blank stare opened the door, looking out at her.

"Oh, hello, you must be Dylan the pizza girl," she said. "You came recommended by a friend of mine. What is the total for the pizzas?"

"Uh," Dylan finally replied, somewhat overwhelmed by the girl's appearance, "the total, uh, with delivery is $30."

The girl in the doorway nodded and pulled out two twenty dollar bills from the front pocket of her pantsuit. It finally occurred to Dylan that this woman was somewhat oddly dressed - like a librarian or something.

"Okay, here are your pizzas," she said, handing her the pies out of the bag. "Let me get you your change - and if I may ask, why order pizza for a Latino restaurant?"

The girl gave Dylan a blank stare back.

"Oh, this door goes to a restaurant? I didn't know that." She turned back into the hallway behind her, then back at Dylan. "We're having a slumber party, and pizza seemed a bit more sensible."

"Uh, okay," Dylan said, quickly returning to her VW. She quickly pulled out the section of the pouch with bills, and peeled off two fives, handing it to the woman in the door - who had already handed the pizzas off to someone else.

"Here," the woman said, handing her one of the fives. "Thanks for coming out in this weather. Try to stay warm."

"Uh, thanks," Dylan said - as the door closed a bit faster and louder than she expected.

"Not getting paid enough to do this," she said out loud as she returned to the VW.
Last edited by jwhouk on Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

She was having something resembling an affair with a dog, and THAT weirds her out?
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

After all the time she has spent at M's house thats the weirdest thing she has seen? Not buying it.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

"But. . .but what if snogging is needed to get the ghosts' attention?"

I wonder if Digit can leave a bunch of web-lines around to monitor movement in the area, similar to how trap-door spiders and the like detect critters moving around their lairs?

"Hmmm, my spider-senses detect that both Shawna and Castela are sneaking across the room towards Hiroshi's sleeping place, from opposite directions. Well, I hope that they can yell and punch quietly. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. . ."
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

oldmanmickey wrote:After all the time she has spent at M's house thats the weirdest thing she has seen? Not buying it.
True. Perhaps her mumbling should be, "Not getting paid enough to do this..."
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Catawampus wrote:I wonder if Digit can leave a bunch of web-lines around to monitor movement in the area, similar to how trap-door spiders and the like detect critters moving around their lairs?
That depends. Is that something jumping spiders are known to do? I haven't heard of it myself, but that doesn't mean they don't or can't. I hadn't heard of them wearing water droplets as hats (probably a way of cooling off), but hey, they do that.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.