Plenty Of Chances 2018-02-12

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: The Old Wolf, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Bookworm, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.

Plenty Of Chances 2018-02-12

Postby AnotherFairportfan » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:40 pm

He had done a good job of covering his tracks, but that was to be expected. After all, one does not conspire to ruin a House and murder a queen and then just stand there waving and waiting patiently for retribution.
User avatar
AnotherFairportfan
 
Posts: 4961
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 2:53 pm

Re: Plenty Of Chances 2018-02-12

Postby Drakkenmensch » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:42 pm

If you split the group, you WILL cover more ground!

... with your blood and shredded internal organs.
Drakkenmensch
 
Posts: 214
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:03 am

Re: Plenty Of Chances 2018-02-12

Postby Opus the Poet » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:53 pm

but I thought they were just going to investigate the one room? And the trope is the girl with the second-biggest boobs only survives if her boyfriend survives.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
User avatar
Opus the Poet
 
Posts: 1689
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:24 am
Location: Surrounded by Hell

Re: Plenty Of Chances 2018-02-12

Postby Drakkenmensch » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:06 am

Opus the Poet wrote:but I thought they were just going to investigate the one room? And the trope is the girl with the second-biggest boobs only survives if her boyfriend survives.


Only if they don't have sex. Virgins always survive, sluts die first.
Drakkenmensch
 
Posts: 214
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:03 am

Re: Plenty Of Chances 2018-02-12

Postby Dave » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:36 am

Remember, also, that you don't have to outrun the blood-sucking ghoul.

You just have to outrun your friends.
User avatar
Dave
 
Posts: 6265
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Mountain View, CA, USA

Re: Plenty Of Chances 2018-02-12

Postby TheCollector » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:18 am

I will forever say until it's proven otherwise that Daylla has feelings for Castela. She is far to talkative and pushy about her and Hiroshi to just be a friend trying to help, especially with how little good it all seems to be doing Castela.
User avatar
TheCollector
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:21 am

Re: Plenty Of Chances 2018-02-12

Postby Drakkenmensch » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:52 am

TheCollector wrote:I will forever say until it's proven otherwise that Daylla has feelings for Castela. She is far to talkative and pushy about her and Hiroshi to just be a friend trying to help, especially with how little good it all seems to be doing Castela.


"Doing Castela" seems to be her long time goal.
Drakkenmensch
 
Posts: 214
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:03 am

Re: Plenty Of Chances 2018-02-12

Postby eee » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:01 am

TheCollector wrote:I will forever say until it's proven otherwise that Daylla has feelings for Castela. She is far to talkative and pushy about her and Hiroshi to just be a friend trying to help, especially with how little good it all seems to be doing Castela.

It is possible. But Daylla's approach seems to be based on the idea "Talking sense to the idiot is like talking sense to an idiot; she's not getting it. So I'll keep jabbing her in her emotions until she stops using her brain as just packing material to keep the wind from whistling between her ears, and THINKS."

I'm not sure it's the best tactic, but with Castela it may be the most effective.
eee
 
Posts: 785
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:23 am

Re: Plenty Of Chances 2018-02-12

Postby oldmanmickey » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:49 am

A good best friend like Daylla seems to be can be mistaken for someone that has sexual feelings for another.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
User avatar
oldmanmickey
 
Posts: 1439
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:41 pm

Re: Plenty Of Chances 2018-02-12

Postby jwhouk » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:43 pm

It's entirely possible that Daylla may end up like Devyn - secondary cast status - after going off to college in a few years.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
User avatar
jwhouk
 
Posts: 5153
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:58 am
Location: The Valley of the Sun, Arizona

Re: Plenty Of Chances 2018-02-12

Postby Catawampus » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:50 pm

So if they do pair up, then who will the pairs consist of? Timothy and Scarlet are an obvious pair, but that leaves Hiroshi, Daylla, Castela, and Shawna.

Hiroshi with Daylla, Castela with Shawna
Hiroshi with Castela, Daylla with Shawna
Hiroshi with Shawna, Daylla with Castela

Any combination of those four could have very interesting results.

Dave wrote:Remember, also, that you don't have to outrun the blood-sucking ghoul.

You just have to outrun your friends.


This is Gryphon Middle School, though. So more likely is just greeting the blood-sucking ghoul with, "Oh, hi there, Mister Phillips! Working late tonight?"
User avatar
Catawampus
 
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:47 pm

Re: Plenty Of Chances 2018-02-12

Postby eee » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:45 pm

Catawampus wrote:So if they do pair up, then who will the pairs consist of? Timothy and Scarlet are an obvious pair, but that leaves Hiroshi, Daylla, Castela, and Shawna.

Hiroshi with Daylla, Castela with Shawna
Hiroshi with Castela, Daylla with Shawna
Hiroshi with Shawna, Daylla with Castela

Any combination of those four could have very interesting results.

We have seen that what appears to be a ghost could imitate Timothy's voice (and perhaps form except for height,; but she didn't turn and look at him) so well it fooled Scarlet. It is possible that who some or all of these kids think they are teamed up with, will not be the actual person. Particularly if they split into teams and go in different directions, and the team-mates move out of direct line of sight with each other at any point.

Catawampus wrote:
Dave wrote:Remember, also, that you don't have to outrun the blood-sucking ghoul.

You just have to outrun your friends.


This is Gryphon Middle School, though. So more likely is just greeting the blood-sucking ghoul with, "Oh, hi there, Mister Phillips! Working late tonight?"

This IS Gryphon Middle School. Castela. Daylla. We haven't seen much in the way of super powers from Scarlet, Timothy, or Shawna, and Digit admits she is weak, but if Valerie takes off her mask...!

The blood sucking ghoul may be the one running.

If he knows what's good for him.
eee
 
Posts: 785
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:23 am


Return to Daily Wapsi Square Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests