Left Out 2018-02-07

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
TazManiac

Left Out 2018-02-07

Post by TazManiac »

Awwwww, Atsali won't let you feel left out..., even if it drives you cwazy...
oldmanmickey

Re: Left Out 2018-02-07

Post by oldmanmickey »

Bless her heart, she is totally clueless.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

I really do love Big Bird...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Dave

Post by Dave »

TazManiac wrote:Awwwww, Atsali won't let you feel left out..., even if it drives you cwazy...
Just like dough and bells!
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Dave wrote:
TazManiac wrote:Awwwww, Atsali won't let you feel left out..., even if it drives you cwazy...
Just like dough and bells!
:P that strip makes me want to start kissing Tina right behind her ear, and go from there... :!:

(Oh & when I started this thread, I was trying to pun 'Left Out, Right In'...)
eee

Post by eee »

You know, however much you may like her, and know that she's not doing things like this to deliberately cause you anxiety / gas / that sinking feeling, at some point dealing with Atsali has to become a bit frustrating. If not soul bruising.
Dave

Post by Dave »

eee wrote:You know, however much you may like her, and know that she's not doing things like this to deliberately cause you anxiety / gas / that sinking feeling, at some point dealing with Atsali has to become a bit frustrating. If not soul bruising.
Remember Hill Street Blues? Remember Captain Freedom?

He was a delusional vigilante who believed himself to be a superhero, dedicated to fighting crime, and was the bane of detective Mick Belker... a sort of psychotic Batman who kept showing up at inconvenient times and interfering in Belker's cases and stakeouts.

He drove Belker almost to shrieking frustration, because Belker could never be certain whether the Captain was truly delusional. At times, Captain Freedom would speak with what sounded like perfect clarity and sanity, giving Belker the impression that he was entirely rational and was just feigning insanity as part of an act... almost a Zen-master Holy Goof, possessed of subtle wisdom.

Two sentences later he would say something with utter seriousness that turned that "sanity and wisdom" completely on its head... the apparent "rationality" was just a more complex fantasy. The moment Belker began to buy into the idea that Captain Freedom was actually sane, Captain Freedom yanked the rug out from under him in a spectacular pratfall.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Sharing a life with Atsali might be a bit like that. She's not any sort of psychotic, by any means... she's quite sane and rational. However, her limited inter-personal sensitivities and her intellectual abstraction mean that she doesn't inhabit quite the same universe as most of us, and the differences could be rather jarring. You could never tell just when a conversation with her would turn out to be like hitting a slippery patch on an icy sidewalk. :|

The power's in the glove, Mick. It always was. It's yours now - you've gotta take it.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

I've seen it described as "Fencing in a hall of mirrors . . . Your opponent, while real, is never quite where he appears to be."

The subject in that case was actually not entirely sane, but you could never quite be sure where he connected to reality.

"He thinks he's faking it, but he's the one." ("He" was faking it . . . but he did do the job.)

--FreeFlier
Chaise Murphy

Post by Chaise Murphy »

FreeFlier wrote:"He thinks he's faking it, but he's the one." ("He" was faking it . . . but he did do the job.)
Gah! I know I've seen that. Where's it from?
Typeminer

Post by Typeminer »

Dave wrote:Remember Hill Street Blues? Remember Captain Freedom?
Yeah, I remember that. Loved the show at the time. We used to have Thursday night parties to Tank for Frank. :mrgreen:
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

"Let's... be careful out there."
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Chaise Murphy wrote:
FreeFlier wrote:"He thinks he's faking it, but he's the one." ("He" was faking it . . . but he did do the job.)
Gah! I know I've seen that. Where's it from?
Suegar speaking of Miles in Lois McMaster Bujold's novella Borders of Infinity.

--FreeFlier
Chaise Murphy

Post by Chaise Murphy »

Thanks, FreeFlier. Who knows how long it would've taken me to remember that? If ever...