Full Sweep 2018-01-31

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
ChattaStarhawk

Full Sweep 2018-01-31

Post by ChattaStarhawk »

oldmanmickey

Re: Full Sweep 2018-01-31

Post by oldmanmickey »

I think Scarlet has just tumbled on the main problem with ghost hunting, that you might actually find one.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Dave

Post by Dave »

I can just hear Digit now. "Why are you pinching your eyes together like that, Scarlet? Are you trying to kill her with your face? I don't think it's working... your expression does not affect the situation, not does it seem to convey any physiological benefit. You para-humans behave in such a curious fashion..."
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Sometimes I think Scarlett wants to go full Moe Howard on the whole crew. :ugeek:
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

oldmanmickey wrote:I think Scarlet has just tumbled on the main problem with ghost hunting, that you might actually find one.
Heh.

In one of Ernest Bramah's "Kai Lung" stories - "Stories of an ancient China that never was" - a young woman demands that a suitor for her hand slay a dragon to prove his love.

When he allows as how that seems a bit dangerous, she says that in stories from barbarian lands young men are gladt to go dragon-hunting to prove their love.

He replies that of course they are - "... in barbarian lands, there are no dragons. But here in the Middle Kingdom, there ARE."
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
eee

Post by eee »

Daylla seems to be of the opinion that the way to defuse a landmine is by stomping on it...

They're researchers. Why not research the history of the room?
Dave

Post by Dave »

eee wrote:Daylla seems to be of the opinion that the way to defuse a landmine is by stomping on it...
And there speaks the innocence of youth (and maybe the near-invulnerability of a lass made from living metal... she might not be more than tarnished by a Boom).

I'm sure that with a bit more age and experience, she'll realize that's not the best way to go about it. You don't stomp on a landline. You have an NPC go over and stomp on the landline. :twisted:

(There's never a redshirt around when you need one.)
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Given that these kids are the next generation, wouldn't that be a yellow shirt instead?
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Alkarii wrote:Given that these kids are the next generation, wouldn't that be a yellow shirt instead?
Possibly... but I tend to go for the classics ;)

I really do think Daylla is playing with fire here. She's talking about throwing together a bunch of very volatile elements. A ghost. A ghost whisperer. Hiroshi. Shawna. Castela. A sleepover, possibly with pajamas. I don't think psychologists tend to use the word "hypergolic" much, but that's how this situation might turn out.

"Hey, I just brewed up a beaker full of chloric acid. Let's throw in some gasoline, and see what happens. It'll be perfectly safe - we'll just stand over here behind the big drum of dry nitrogen tri-iodide."
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

The smart thing for Castela would be to skip on it as well. At least, I would, in her place and situation.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
Typeminer

Post by Typeminer »

Dave wrote:You don't stomp on a landline. You have an NPC go over and stomp on the landline. :twisted:
Around here, they string the landlines on poles. Makes 'em harder to stomp. 8-)
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Dave wrote:
Alkarii wrote:Given that these kids are the next generation, wouldn't that be a yellow shirt instead?
I really do think Daylla is playing with fire here. She's talking about throwing together a bunch of very volatile elements. A ghost. A ghost whisperer. Hiroshi. Shawna. Castela. A sleepover, possibly with pajamas. I don't think psychologists tend to use the word "hypergolic" much, but that's how this situation might turn out.
Lots of things are hypergolic in the presence of a Castelalyst.