Whatever Happened 2018-01-25

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Cheesy1

Whatever Happened 2018-01-25

Post by Cheesy1 »

AnotherFairportfan

Re: Whatever Happened 2018-01-25

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Mentioning the hair-rose is probably a tad counter-productive, i'd say.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Deuce

Post by Deuce »

Triumphant return of the Spider-bae! Honestly I will laugh if she meets butterfly boy and he flips out without quite knowing why
AnotherFairportfan

Deuce wrote:Triumphant return of the Spider-bae! Honestly I will laugh if she meets butterfly boy and he flips out without quite knowing why
Like Tina being freaked out by Shelly after her return from the Time Forest as a sphinx?
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

On the conversation between those two so reminds me of very similar ones when i was a tad younger and in the service. Nearly everyone has that one Spock friend who uses logic to argue. Makes ya wanna punch then right in the kisser.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

oldmanmickey wrote:On the conversation between those two so reminds me of very similar ones when i was a tad younger and in the service. Nearly everyone has that one Spock friend who uses logic to argue. Makes ya wanna punch then right in the kisser.
I was that one Spock friend . . . "Look, you asked for advice. If you don't want to hear it, don't ask."

--FreeFlier
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Digit got hot... I wonder if she's learned how to properly execute facial expressions.

Also, is Dietzel still alive? We know he wasn't an average dog, but we haven't yet heard that he's died, so... Maybe not?
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
donoho

Post by donoho »

Alkarii wrote:Digit got hot... I wonder if she's learned how to properly execute facial expressions.

Also, is Dietzel still alive? We know he wasn't an average dog, but we haven't yet heard that he's died, so... Maybe not?
Dietzel's shrinkage actually inverted his dog years. 7 years for us is now one for him... :P
Dave

Post by Dave »

donoho wrote:Dietzel's shrinkage actually inverted his dog years. 7 years for us is now one for him... :P
There an old saying that dogs and their owners tend to resemble one another... eventually if not always at first. Perhaps Dietzel has taken on some of Monica's abilities, and had become a phoenix dog? Every few years he climbs up onto the table, crawls into an ashtray, bursts into flame and burns himself down into cigarette ash, and is reborn from the ash as a new mini-puppy?

We never did learn if he can still indulge in playing video games. At his current size he might have to play hopscotch on the controller D-pad.

It's good to see Digit again. She's certainly being persistent, but one would expect that of a spider... especially one who is trying to help a friend. "Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to relieve."
AnotherFairportfan

Alkarii wrote:Digit got hot... I wonder if she's learned how to properly execute facial expressions.
Not judging by this comic.

I think she's gonna be a cute Buster Keaton clone as long as she lives...
AnotherFairportfan

Dave wrote:We never did learn if he can still indulge in playing video games. At his current size he might have to play hopscotch on the controller D-pad.
Thor

Post by Thor »

Doesn't look like it, but she has also developed Atsali's non-Euclidean hair, where the direction of the sweep directly relates to where the camera is.

Sorta like how Mickey Mouse's ears always face the camera, no matter which way Mickey turns his head.
ziggy78eog

Post by ziggy78eog »

Wow, how much of a time skip are we looking at, from Digit's last appearance? I could have sworn that she was no taller than Cas, and now look at her. They grow up so fast. *sniff*
eee

Post by eee »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
Dave wrote:We never did learn if he can still indulge in playing video games. At his current size he might have to play hopscotch on the controller D-pad.
Archy! Mehitabel! I haven't thought about them in so long! Thanks for reminding me! :D
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Having looked up what it is, homeroom sounds like a rather pointless class anyway.
AnotherFairportfan wrote:Like Tina being freaked out by Shelly after her return from the Time Forest as a sphinx?
And by Phix even earlier. Paranormals seem to have some rather strong instincts.
AnotherFairportfan

eee wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:
Archy! Mehitabel! I haven't thought about them in so long! Thanks for reminding me! :D
Have you seen the animated version of "SHinbone Alley" with Carol Channing as Mehitabel and Eddie Bracken as Archy?
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Image
eee wrote:Archy! Mehitabel! I haven't thought about them in so long! Thanks for reminding me! :D
AnotherFairportfan wrote:Have you seen the animated version of "SHinbone Alley" with Carol Channing as Mehitabel and Eddie Bracken as Archy?
Technical point: archy and mehitabel. archy was shiftless.

/deposits a pocket sundial in the pun jar/
/flrrd/

--FreeFlier
Dave

Post by Dave »

Yes, so much drama in Castela's life these days.
Typeminer

Post by Typeminer »

FreeFlier wrote:Technical point: archy and mehitabel. archy was shiftless.
Kinda disturbing that Harriman used caps in the illustration.

But I'm not complaining. Any day with archy, mehitabel, and Harriman is a good day. 8-)
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.
AnotherFairportfan

Typeminer wrote:
FreeFlier wrote:Technical point: archy and mehitabel. archy was shiftless.
Kinda disturbing that Harriman used caps in the illustration.

But I'm not complaining. Any day with archy, mehitabel, and Harriman is a good day. 8-)
Herriman always wore a hat, too.