Taking her place 2012-10-23

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Aleister Crow

Re: Taking her place 2012-10-23

Post by Aleister Crow »

The thing that worries me the most right now is the association between phoenixes and redheads. It never ends well.
TheDOCTOR wrote:IF You still have freinds after 'beaming' them, naked, to the Mall Monica. Then again maybe they picked up some clothes off some manikins, leaving an IOU of course.
Or they immediately poited elsewhere after realizing where they were.

M doesn't need to worry about losing her friends. After all, they care enough to rip her heart out and crack jokes about it, for her own good.
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Aleister Crow wrote:The thing that worries me the most right now is the association between phoenixes and redheads. It never ends well.
TheDOCTOR wrote:IF You still have freinds after 'beaming' them, naked, to the Mall Monica. Then again maybe they picked up some clothes off some manikins, leaving an IOU of course.
Or they immediately poited elsewhere after realizing where they were.

M doesn't need to worry about losing her friends. After all, they care enough to rip her heart out and crack jokes about it, for her own good.
With friends like those...
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

jwhouk wrote:
With friends like those...
... it's a damn good think she's functionally immortal.
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
Alex_H

Post by Alex_H »

Could She be referring to the fact that in the previous comic Monica is dressed rather conservatively and in today's she's wearing something wholly other? since I'm assuming they're only supposed to be minutes apart in terms of the storyline?
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

So, what does Moni look like right now via TinaVision(tm)?
TlalocW

Post by TlalocW »

Aleister Crow wrote:The thing that worries me the most right now is the association between phoenixes and redheads. It never ends well.

Just so long as the Monica Phoenix story never becomes as convoluted and confusing as the Jean Grey Phoenix story (which I think is is probably still going on and contradicting itself at least twice a year in X-Men comics).

Monica has Bud for the heart-ripping-outing. Jean Grey had Wolverine (although he failed).

TlalocW
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Alex_H wrote:Could She be referring to the fact that in the previous comic Monica is dressed rather conservatively and in today's she's wearing something wholly other? since I'm assuming they're only supposed to be minutes apart in terms of the storyline?
Looks to me like she merely put on a warm coat on top of the dress we saw yesterday. And since we didn't see her feet yesterday, she could very well have had the boots on and we wouldn't have known. She probably just laid the coat on the back of a chair while ordering her coffee.
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Jabberwonky wrote:
Dr. Otter wrote:I have no idea where to find it, but in an early strip, didn't Tina reveal her true nature to Monica by having her shut one eye?
Exactly.
No, that was Nudge. What Tina actually looks like is probably more like http://wapsisquare.com/comic/letmehelpyou/
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Julie

Post by Julie »

:shock:

Yeah...I got nothing more than that...I'll just get comfy in my living area in Confusion Corner...
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Dave

Post by Dave »

illiad wrote:
Dave wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:What did Tina see?
Hums "Detachable Phoenix" theme...
:? :? :? "Detachable Phoenix"? you will have to explain... all google has is some kind of connector, or house design???
*cough*... well, it's a rather terrible pun based on an obscure King Missile song (lyrics probably NSFW, possibly offensive to the anatomically sensitive).

I woke up with a bad hangover this morning
and my body was missing.
That happens all the time. It's detachable.
illiad

Post by illiad »

IF they weren't friends, she would have poited them somewhere much worse!! an old strip had her(??) saying that she 'just does it' sometimes without even thinking *where* ... :shock:
Alex_H wrote:Could She be referring to the fact that in the previous comic Monica is dressed rather conservatively and in today's she's wearing something wholly other? since I'm assuming they're only supposed to be minutes apart in terms of the storyline?
you may be forgetting that it is a bit cold in Minneapolis at the mo... :/

Its only the GGGs that dont need to wrap up, except to avoid looking strange.. what would you think if you saw a girl in a bikini, sitting on a deck chair, while it was 10 degrees of frost, and snow six inches deep???
Last edited by illiad on Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
donoho

Post by donoho »

Jabberwonky wrote:
Dr. Otter wrote:I have no idea where to find it, but in an early strip, didn't Tina reveal her true nature to Monica by having her shut one eye?
Exactly.
I'd love to see Monica's Right Eyed View of Monica ^_^
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

illiad wrote:IF they weren't friends, she would have poited them somewhere much worse!! an old strip had her(??) saying that she 'just does it' sometimes without even thinking *where* ... :shock:
You might be thinking of this one. But it was Jin what said it. Again, but, Monica was thinking to herself about taking Jin's place...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Sphinx-Napped

Post by Sphinx-Napped »

well if it quacks like a duck and smells like duck, does it look different if you make it close one eye and force it look in the mirror, you would see a demon duck.. in the reflection...

she all quacked up, and doesn't she even know it... yet...

/Thows solid platinum duck in the pun jar.
Punjar repair man, that recently up graded the pun jar to 2.0 now with self defense and and evil ai that will try to kill you, if you even try to hurt it for doing its job...
Prester Fred

Post by Prester Fred »

Sphinx-Napped wrote:well if it quacks like a duck and smells like duck, does it look different if you make it close one eye and force it look in the mirror, you would see a demon duck...
Good lord, is that a demonic duck of some sort?
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
illiad

Post by illiad »

Jabberwonky wrote:
illiad wrote:IF they weren't friends, she would have poited them somewhere much worse!! an old strip had her(??) saying that she 'just does it' sometimes without even thinking *where* ... :shock:
You might be thinking of this one. But it was Jin what said it. Again, but, Monica was thinking to herself about taking Jin's place...
Thanks for that! whew, time flies.... :p

Its a bit difficult searching now.. any chance of **someone** doing a transcript, like schlockmercenary used to do??? :D
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

illiad wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:
Thanks for that! whew, time flies.... :p

Its a bit difficult searching now.. any chance of **someone** doing a transcript, like schlockmercenary used to do??? :D
Why would we do transcripts of Shlock Mercenary in the Wapsi Forum? :?
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

The best example is probably the Sluggy NiftySearch searchable database for Sluggy Freelance but something similar would be A LOT of work to set up for Wapsi Square.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Sphinx-Napped

Post by Sphinx-Napped »

MerchManDan wrote:Image
oh great,,, i havent seen duck of doom or heard of it in long time /shakes fist at at his dungeon mistress{ my group when we played we had the most wacky dm you would imagine, she came up with a cursed item.. that would give curse of duck doom, when she told us what it does everyone in the group was very careful not to pick up anything shiny that wasn't and or didnt stand out like it wasnt apart of the dungeon, needless to say my halfling wildmage had the nasty habit of seeing thing that called out to him, soo you can imagine the dismay of my group,, when he walks over to some pottery that has some aura around it}... dm tells me to roll, so i end up rolling and fumbled all my saves and she says.. you are now cursed with.....DUCK DOOOOM!!! she explained what it was and that the curse wasnt fatal...unless you walked into room of wild lupes... and that i would quack for the rest of the duration and in the dungeon there was a removal spell for it..

needless to say it wasnt fun having that curse on my mage quacking every 4 mins at the top of his lungs, when we needed to sneak around things... bad,bad and crazy dm.. we had ton of fun with her dming to bad the group broke up due life things..
Punjar repair man, that recently up graded the pun jar to 2.0 now with self defense and and evil ai that will try to kill you, if you even try to hurt it for doing its job...