Head Over Heels 2018-01-18

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
jwhouk

Re: Head Over Heels 2018-01-18

Post by jwhouk »

Alkarii wrote:Bleh! You're over complicating things. There's only the two girls and the guy. For a tesseract, you'd need a fair bit more than just three people. Sixteen, maybe?
...Did you see the last version of the Wapsi Square Relationship Chart? The version with the group currently at Gryphon is an unholy MESS!
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Alkarii wrote:Well, given that Shawna has only been seen maybe nine times so far (unless you count individual panels), I don't think she's likely to get written out of the comic just yet. From a storytelling standpoint, it's simply too early. If you want a character's death to be emotionally significant to the audience, then they have to be present long enough for the audience to care about that character.
Remember Atsali's friend from the Orphanage?

All we ever saw of her (so far as i recall) was her feet.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Yeah, but that page was just supposed to be an explanatory flashback, not to establish empathy with a character we already knew.

As for the relationship chart, I haven't seen it, but I know who's been with who. Well, those who are still regularly appearing in the comic, anyway.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

oldmanmickey wrote:If one is going to make a stand and fight for what one wants then it is best to get the first strike in on the target. Of course it is also true that it is never wise to bring a pin knife as your weapon of choice to a gun fight.
Yeah, but where's the fun in making it a fair fight?

In other words- bring what you want, but it's my course of action to not allow you access to and/or use of whatsn'ever ya brung anyways...
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
Alkarii wrote:Well, given that Shawna has only been seen maybe nine times so far (unless you count individual panels), I don't think she's likely to get written out of the comic just yet. From a storytelling standpoint, it's simply too early. If you want a character's death to be emotionally significant to the audience, then they have to be present long enough for the audience to care about that character.

We did see more of her, sadly. (Silhouette and in a photo - and in a flashback when Castela was "found".)
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

jwhouk wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:

We did see more of her, sadly. (Silhouette and in a photo - and in a flashback when Castela was "found".)
However, my point still stands - we never actually saw her as a character, but her death is important in the comic and to us.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.