Need Time 2018-01-17

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
lake_wrangler

Need Time 2018-01-17

Post by lake_wrangler »

AnotherFairportfan

Re: Need Time 2018-01-17

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Okay, i think she learnt how to do relationships from Big Bird ... uhh ...Sis...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

I'm guessing a clue-by-4 just won't be enough, for our little rose bush... :roll:
AnotherFairportfan

Scarlet tried to do it the kind way.

Now she calls in Dayla, the Babe Ruth of Gryphon School's clue bat squad...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Wait -- relation-ship? Is that the one with the wheels, sails, or propellers?
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

"There IS No TIME!"
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Atomic wrote:Wait -- relation-ship? Is that the one with the wheels, sails, or propellers?

... if you are trying to get stinkweed's attention, you need spiked treads...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
AnotherFairportfan

jeffepp wrote:Image
Should be a fish.
eee

Post by eee »

It is astonishing that with her Blackthorn wisdom she can analyze a relationship and provide intelligent answers with ease, as she does with Nad' and Atsali. But anything involving her - with Kath, with Timothy, and now with Hiroshi and Shawna - she is more clueless than a newborn babe.

I feel sympathy for Scarlett. This has to be absolutely infuriating to see.
AnotherFairportfan

eee wrote:It is astonishing that with her Blackthorn wisdom she can analyze a relationship and provide intelligent answers with ease, as she does with Nad' and Atsali. But anything involving her - with Kath, with Timothy, and now with Hiroshi and Shawna - she is more clueless than a newborn babe.
Just like Nadette can see the future for everyone but herself and people she loves.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

She about to get more than a clue by 4 from Dyalla
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
ziggy78eog

Post by ziggy78eog »

And here I thought Atsali was the clueless one!
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Just an observation: was Castela intentionally "bred" to not understand mating urges, so as to instead focus on her role as a WMD?
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Dave

Post by Dave »

jwhouk wrote:Just an observation: was Castela intentionally "bred" to not understand mating urges, so as to instead focus on her role as a WMD?
I think it's pure physiology at work here... and equality of the sexes.

It's commonly acknowledged that once boys reach puberty, their brains shut down when they're in the presence of girls, due to lack of blood-flow. Boys think with their penises, because that's the place all the blood is going. This is an effect which doesn't go away quickly; there's plenty of evidence that most men don't begin to recover from it until a couple of hours after they're laid to rest in their caskets.

Castela is probably suffering from the same effect. Her body must be diverting a huge amount of energy and sap-flow and nutrients to the task of creating those blossoms so quickly, and all of this has to come from somewhere. Apparently, portions of her cerebral cortex (or whatever analog of one exists in a tangle of vines) are losing sap-circulation and shutting down.

She's losing both rational-thinking ability and interpersonal empathy (temporarily one hopes).
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Atomic wrote:Wait -- relation-ship? Is that the one with the wheels, sails, or propellers?
I don't think it matters, as long as the cannons on board can hit their target without the shots bouncing off of it.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Alkarii wrote:
I don't think it matters, as long as the cannons on board can hit their target without the shots bouncing off of it.
Hmmm. Not sure how well that's working.

Castela's relationship with Hiroshi is in the main strip, so it's clearly canon, but Scarlet's get-a-clue shots seem to be bouncing off Castela without even beginning to leave a mark, and Scarlet seems to be getting bored with the effort. The battle's collateral damage to Shawna is severe (and she wasn't the target of the clueballs at all!)

I wonder if physical near-invulnerability implies that clueballs can't penetrate.
Last edited by Dave on Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thor

Post by Thor »

eee wrote:It is astonishing that with her Blackthorn wisdom she can analyze a relationship and provide intelligent answers with ease, as she does with Nad' and Atsali. But anything involving her - with Kath, with Timothy, and now with Hiroshi and Shawna - she is more clueless than a newborn babe.
Most of us are our own blindspots.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Thor wrote:
Most of us are our own blindspots.
'Tis here the basis of most teen romance/fictions- it is a wonderful formula that can be twisted in many directions and still feel fresh.
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.