Bother You 2018-01-16

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AnotherFairportfan

Bother You 2018-01-16

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AnotherFairportfan

Re: Bother You 2018-01-16

Atsali thought her high-school career was one embarrassing moment after another...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Well, we were wrong... or at least, partially wrong. It wasn't Hiroshi, or Hiroshi AND Shawna, but ONLY Shawna standing behind Castela...

I don't know about the rest of you, but that seems like a rather abrupt reaction. It does seem to reinforce, to me, that she is suffering from some sort of affective disorder. Co-dependency? Obsessiveness? Something else? I have no idea what it would be called... She certainly seems rather demonstrative of her easily changed emotions.

Meanwhile...
[Typo alert]
"trying to spy oR you" should be "trying to spy oN you"...
["Typo alert]
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Well the cat is out of the bag now. Bet the next person Shawna runs into is Hiroshi.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

oldmanmickey wrote:Well the cat is out of the bag now. Bet the next person Shawna runs into is Hiroshi.
Literally.

Then miscommunication and whacky hijinx.

--FreeFlier
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

"Today, on 'As the Hormones Flow', Castela admits her feeling for Hiroshi to Scarlet. But, her rival, Shawna has over heard her. What will she do? Who will she tell?" [Organ music reaches full volume]
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

jeffepp wrote:"Today, on 'As the Hormones Flow', Castela admits her feeling for Hiroshi to Scarlet. But, her rival, Shawna has over heard her. What will she do? Who will she tell?" [Organ music reaches full volume]
"And, what about Naomi?"

-- As the Stomach Churns, starring Carol Burnette
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

FreeFlier wrote:
oldmanmickey wrote:Well the cat is out of the bag now. Bet the next person Shawna runs into is Hiroshi.
Literally.

--FreeFlier
I wouldn't be surprised if she runs into him so hard that at least one of them will end up hitting the floor.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

Isn't it about time for one of them to put their fist through the gender changing wall?
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
eee

Post by eee »

Today is being one long mortification for the Pickle. All because of her inability to admit or be comfortable with her own feelings.

(This DOES change the Shawna / Hiroshi / Castela triangle, though. Before, Shawna was after the H guy and didn't seem to be noticing Castela's reaction. Now she's aware of the feelings on the other side; we'll see how she deals with it.)
Alkarii wrote:
FreeFlier wrote:
Literally.

--FreeFlier
I wouldn't be surprised if she runs into him so hard that at least one of them will end up hitting the floor.
So hard they BOTH wind up on the floor, in an embarrassing position. Which Castela sees...
Ursus

Post by Ursus »

And the plot thickens!
Dave

Post by Dave »

lake_wrangler wrote: I don't know about the rest of you, but that seems like a rather abrupt reaction. It does seem to reinforce, to me, that she is suffering from some sort of affective disorder. Co-dependency? Obsessiveness? Something else? I have no idea what it would be called... She certainly seems rather demonstrative of her easily changed emotions.
Pablo has reportedly said (on FB) that she's a pixie. Perhaps she's just pixilated?

Emotional volatility might be part of her para-species makeup, just as sociopathy seems to be characteristic of the Fae.

(Cue a 24-hour loop of GRRR singing The Doom Song over and over and over. Doom de Doom, Doom Doom, Doom di di Doom. I don't think this is going to end happily.)
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Dave wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:(Cue a 24-hour loop of GRRR singing The Doom Song over and over and over. Doom de Doom, Doom Doom, Doom di di Doom. I don't think this is going to end happily.)
Actually, I think lots of people would be happy for the music to end.
Thor

Post by Thor »

"Right Behind Me"

Or for those of you, who don't want to get sucked into tvtropesland, "(S)he's right behind me, isn't (s)he?"
Armorlord

Post by Armorlord »

Alright, got that part right. Now to see if the rest of that prediction can bring it home with Scarlet and Castela discussing the last time they were in a pickle of a love triangle..
"Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience." -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
Dave

Post by Dave »

Armorlord wrote:Alright, got that part right. Now to see if the rest of that prediction can bring it home with Scarlet and Castela discussing the last time they were in a pickle of a love triangle..
Or, Scarlet and Timothy, discussing the last time they were in a love triangle with a Pickle.
AnotherFairportfan

Dave wrote:
Armorlord wrote:Alright, got that part right. Now to see if the rest of that prediction can bring it home with Scarlet and Castela discussing the last time they were in a pickle of a love triangle..
Or, Scarlet and Timothy, discussing the last time they were in a love triangle with a Pickle.
<encore>
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Dave wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote: I don't know about the rest of you, but that seems like a rather abrupt reaction. It does seem to reinforce, to me, that she is suffering from some sort of affective disorder. Co-dependency? Obsessiveness? Something else? I have no idea what it would be called... She certainly seems rather demonstrative of her easily changed emotions.
Pablo has reportedly said (on FB) that she's a pixie. Perhaps she's just pixilated?...
Pixilated, you say?
AnotherFairportfan

"Pixilation" is the film term for stop-motion animating live people.

The classic example is Norman McLaren's short "Neighbours"*.

(The sound track was also hand-drawn on the film...)

===================

* The reason that the picture quality changes at around 6:50 is that that short sequence was cut shortly after the film was released, and no full copies of the original release were preserved. It was restored in the 70s from an older duplicate print that hadn't been preserved well and had deteriorated somewhat.