Bother You 2018-01-16

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
User avatar
AnotherFairportfan
Posts: 5948
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 2:53 pm

Bother You 2018-01-16

Post by AnotherFairportfan » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:41 pm

Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.

User avatar
AnotherFairportfan
Posts: 5948
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 2:53 pm

Re: Bother You 2018-01-16

Post by AnotherFairportfan » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:43 pm

Atsali thought her high-school career was one embarrassing moment after another...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.

User avatar
lake_wrangler
Posts: 3833
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:16 am
Location: Montréal, Québec, Canada

Re: Bother You 2018-01-16

Post by lake_wrangler » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:08 am

Well, we were wrong... or at least, partially wrong. It wasn't Hiroshi, or Hiroshi AND Shawna, but ONLY Shawna standing behind Castela...

I don't know about the rest of you, but that seems like a rather abrupt reaction. It does seem to reinforce, to me, that she is suffering from some sort of affective disorder. Co-dependency? Obsessiveness? Something else? I have no idea what it would be called... She certainly seems rather demonstrative of her easily changed emotions.

Meanwhile...
[Typo alert]
"trying to spy oR you" should be "trying to spy oN you"...
["Typo alert]

User avatar
oldmanmickey
Posts: 1656
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:41 pm

Re: Bother You 2018-01-16

Post by oldmanmickey » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:18 am

Well the cat is out of the bag now. Bet the next person Shawna runs into is Hiroshi.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long

FreeFlier
Posts: 2066
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:33 pm
Location: Land of the webbed feet

Re: Bother You 2018-01-16

Post by FreeFlier » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:34 am

oldmanmickey wrote:Well the cat is out of the bag now. Bet the next person Shawna runs into is Hiroshi.
Literally.

Then miscommunication and whacky hijinx.

--FreeFlier

User avatar
jeffepp
Posts: 457
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:53 am

Re: Bother You 2018-01-16

Post by jeffepp » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:45 am

"Today, on 'As the Hormones Flow', Castela admits her feeling for Hiroshi to Scarlet. But, her rival, Shawna has over heard her. What will she do? Who will she tell?" [Organ music reaches full volume]

User avatar
Atomic
Posts: 2738
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:39 am
Location: Central PA
Contact:

Re: Bother You 2018-01-16

Post by Atomic » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:57 am

jeffepp wrote:"Today, on 'As the Hormones Flow', Castela admits her feeling for Hiroshi to Scarlet. But, her rival, Shawna has over heard her. What will she do? Who will she tell?" [Organ music reaches full volume]
"And, what about Naomi?"

-- As the Stomach Churns, starring Carol Burnette
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff

Alkarii
Posts: 1537
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:02 pm

Re: Bother You 2018-01-16

Post by Alkarii » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:18 am

FreeFlier wrote:
oldmanmickey wrote:Well the cat is out of the bag now. Bet the next person Shawna runs into is Hiroshi.
Literally.

Then miscommunication and whacky hijinx.

--FreeFlier
I wouldn't be surprised if she runs into him so hard that at least one of them will end up hitting the floor.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.

User avatar
KnightDelight
Posts: 521
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:41 pm

Re: Bother You 2018-01-16

Post by KnightDelight » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:53 am

Isn't it about time for one of them to put their fist through the gender changing wall?
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap

eee
Posts: 849
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:23 am

Re: Bother You 2018-01-16

Post by eee » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:19 am

Today is being one long mortification for the Pickle. All because of her inability to admit or be comfortable with her own feelings.

(This DOES change the Shawna / Hiroshi / Castela triangle, though. Before, Shawna was after the H guy and didn't seem to be noticing Castela's reaction. Now she's aware of the feelings on the other side; we'll see how she deals with it.)
Alkarii wrote:
FreeFlier wrote:
oldmanmickey wrote:Well the cat is out of the bag now. Bet the next person Shawna runs into is Hiroshi.
Literally.

Then miscommunication and whacky hijinx.

--FreeFlier
I wouldn't be surprised if she runs into him so hard that at least one of them will end up hitting the floor.
So hard they BOTH wind up on the floor, in an embarrassing position. Which Castela sees...

Ursus
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 6:43 pm

Re: Bother You 2018-01-16

Post by Ursus » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:26 am

And the plot thickens!

User avatar
Dave
Posts: 7111
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Mountain View, CA, USA

Re: Bother You 2018-01-16

Post by Dave » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:06 am

lake_wrangler wrote: I don't know about the rest of you, but that seems like a rather abrupt reaction. It does seem to reinforce, to me, that she is suffering from some sort of affective disorder. Co-dependency? Obsessiveness? Something else? I have no idea what it would be called... She certainly seems rather demonstrative of her easily changed emotions.
Pablo has reportedly said (on FB) that she's a pixie. Perhaps she's just pixilated?

Emotional volatility might be part of her para-species makeup, just as sociopathy seems to be characteristic of the Fae.

(Cue a 24-hour loop of GRRR singing The Doom Song over and over and over. Doom de Doom, Doom Doom, Doom di di Doom. I don't think this is going to end happily.)

User avatar
jwhouk
Posts: 5894
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:58 am
Location: The Valley of the Sun, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Bother You 2018-01-16

Post by jwhouk » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:17 am

"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin

Warrl
Posts: 1540
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:44 pm

Re: Bother You 2018-01-16

Post by Warrl » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:07 pm

Dave wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:(Cue a 24-hour loop of GRRR singing The Doom Song over and over and over. Doom de Doom, Doom Doom, Doom di di Doom. I don't think this is going to end happily.)
Actually, I think lots of people would be happy for the music to end.

User avatar
Thor
Posts: 604
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:45 am
Location: Looking for an opening

Re: Bother You 2018-01-16

Post by Thor » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:24 pm

"Right Behind Me"

Or for those of you, who don't want to get sucked into tvtropesland, "(S)he's right behind me, isn't (s)he?"

User avatar
Armorlord
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:49 pm

Re: Bother You 2018-01-16

Post by Armorlord » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:41 pm

Alright, got that part right. Now to see if the rest of that prediction can bring it home with Scarlet and Castela discussing the last time they were in a pickle of a love triangle..
"Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience." -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)

User avatar
Dave
Posts: 7111
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Mountain View, CA, USA

Re: Bother You 2018-01-16

Post by Dave » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:07 pm

Armorlord wrote:Alright, got that part right. Now to see if the rest of that prediction can bring it home with Scarlet and Castela discussing the last time they were in a pickle of a love triangle..
Or, Scarlet and Timothy, discussing the last time they were in a love triangle with a Pickle.

User avatar
AnotherFairportfan
Posts: 5948
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 2:53 pm

Re: Bother You 2018-01-16

Post by AnotherFairportfan » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:43 pm

Dave wrote:
Armorlord wrote:Alright, got that part right. Now to see if the rest of that prediction can bring it home with Scarlet and Castela discussing the last time they were in a pickle of a love triangle..
Or, Scarlet and Timothy, discussing the last time they were in a love triangle with a Pickle.
<encore>
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.

User avatar
TazManiac
Posts: 3475
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:53 pm

Re: Bother You 2018-01-16

Post by TazManiac » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:00 am

Dave wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote: I don't know about the rest of you, but that seems like a rather abrupt reaction. It does seem to reinforce, to me, that she is suffering from some sort of affective disorder. Co-dependency? Obsessiveness? Something else? I have no idea what it would be called... She certainly seems rather demonstrative of her easily changed emotions.
Pablo has reportedly said (on FB) that she's a pixie. Perhaps she's just pixilated?...
Pixilated, you say?

User avatar
AnotherFairportfan
Posts: 5948
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 2:53 pm

Re: Bother You 2018-01-16

Post by AnotherFairportfan » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:34 am

"Pixilation" is the film term for stop-motion animating live people.

The classic example is Norman McLaren's short "Neighbours"*.

(The sound track was also hand-drawn on the film...)

===================

* The reason that the picture quality changes at around 6:50 is that that short sequence was cut shortly after the film was released, and no full copies of the original release were preserved. It was restored in the 70s from an older duplicate print that hadn't been preserved well and had deteriorated somewhat.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.

Post Reply