Wine and Dessert 2018-01-09

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
JSStryker

Wine and Dessert 2018-01-09

Post by JSStryker »

Vive la weird!
Atomic

Re: Wine and Dessert 2018-01-09

Post by Atomic »

Oooo and what shall happen when somebody hits on her?

Enquiring minds want to know!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

I would die of laughter if a guy hits on her, and goes by the name of Stanley.

...Not gonna happen though.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

"Life's uncertain - drink your wine first."

===============

Does anyone recognise that patch on her coat?
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Uh oh... What usually happens in this comic when someone drinks? Hijinks. Pretty soon we'll see "Demon Baristas Gone Wild!". Though, her version of going wild is probably making a boatload of coffees and giving them away for free. Probably.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
eee

Post by eee »

I don't understand her nervousness. Frustration, boredom, confusion, the unease that comes when your routine is disrupted and you have to develop a new one, sure; but why nervousness about visiting a bookstore?

(This internal monologue is interesting, though. The melding process has reached the point where Tina refers to herself as "I" instead of "we". I wonder if the demons can even separate any more.)
jwhouk wrote:I would die of laughter if a guy hits on her, and goes by the name of Stanley.

Stanley and his demon?

They should make a comic book about that... :lol:
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

eee wrote:I don't understand her nervousness. Frustration, boredom, confusion, the unease that comes when your routine is disrupted and you have to develop a new one, sure; but why nervousness about visiting a bookstore? . . .
New territory . . . she is way way out of her (very restricted) comfort zone.
eee wrote: . . . (This internal monologue is interesting, though. The melding process has reached the point where Tina refers to herself as "I" instead of "we". I wonder if the demons can even separate any more.) . . .
I suspect not . . .

--FreeFlier
Dave

Post by Dave »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:"Life's uncertain - drink your wine first."
"Days of wine and neuroses"?

It's almost as if the tables have turned, here. In a bog-standard human, nervousness and social anxiety might very well be the result of a person's demons whispering to him/her... but here, it's the demons themselves who are nervous.

Unless... could Tina be so far down the road towards unification that she (the unified "she") is now being made nervous by the internal dialog between the very demons that make up the collective coven?
eee wrote:I don't understand her nervousness. Frustration, boredom, confusion, the unease that comes when your routine is disrupted and you have to develop a new one, sure; but why nervousness about visiting a bookstore?
Blame current events. She's aware of, and afraid of the risk of being trapped between opposing mobs: those eager buyers fighting over copies of "Fire And Fury", and those who would picket or burn the bookstore to the ground for carrying it. :? :lol:
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

She sounds just like a normal person
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
eee

Post by eee »

Dave wrote: Blame current events. She's aware of, and afraid of the risk of being trapped between opposing mobs: those eager buyers fighting over copies of "Fire And Fury", and those who would picket or burn the bookstore to the ground for carrying it. :? :lol:
Ah, that makes sense. I'd be nervous too, in such a case. In fact I'd be out of the area.
eee wrote: Stanley and his demon?

They should make a comic book about that... :lol:
I should have said "Stanley and his Monster". That is the correct title. It took the Foglios to reveal the monster was a reformed demon on the lam from Hell. :oops:
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Dave wrote:It's almost as if the tables have turned, here. In a bog-standard human, nervousness and social anxiety might very well be the result of a person's demons whispering to him/her... but here, it's the demons themselves who are nervous.

Unless... could Tina be so far down the road towards unification that she (the unified "she") is now being made nervous by the internal dialog between the very demons that make up the collective coven?
Perhaps the demons have acquired demons of their own now.
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

Catawampus wrote: Perhaps the demons have acquired demons of their own now.
Recursives, foiled again!
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Weeeellll, Doubt mentioned here that she's "almost useless" to Monica... maybe some of the Demon Shepherd's flock decided to take up residence in the Demon Barista's flock?
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Dave

Post by Dave »

Just Old Al wrote:
Catawampus wrote: Perhaps the demons have acquired demons of their own now.
Recursives, foiled again!
You win the Internet prize for today! :lol:
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

jwhouk wrote:I would die of laughter if a guy hits on her, and goes by the name of Stanley.

Should be someone named Maxwell, he's a guy who knows how to put demons to work.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

Opus the Poet wrote: Should be someone named Maxwell, he's a guy who knows how to put demons to work.
That's just cold....
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

It definitely seems to be a 'Fish out of the Fishbowl & into the Ocean' type situation; Base of Power (and therefore comfort-zone) being Mucho Mocha.

Now, Tina is supposed to self actualize herself into being 'out among the English', so to speak.
https://y.yarn.co/d4f98917-2ef1-406d-96 ... 4d5dc7.mp4

Despite being Stan's alter-ego, I'm hoping this arc spends enough time w/ Tina and herself, not necessarily Alone but by herself, with herself, & for herself. (w/ Liberty & Justice for All...)

Every day's comic strip entry opens up all these new Alt-Reality threads I can run with, but I'm having fun a'waiting further developments.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Oh yeah, I've already got a ton of possibilities.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Opus the Poet wrote:

Should be someone named Maxwell, he's a guy who knows how to put demons to work.
Make sure he hasn't got a hammer, though.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Only should be worried if it's silver.