Just Once 2017-12-12

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Hansontoons

Re: Just Once 2017-12-12

Post by Hansontoons »

lake_wrangler wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:By the way, shouldn't it be "call ME Brandi"?
Woohoo! I helped! :mrgreen:
High cinq!
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

Curious if Luci's having to deal with OCD will come into play. We saw what happened when she was off her meds, the time at Mucho Mocha with Tina to the rescue.

If she has worked to better control her compulsions without having to rely on chemicals, she may be in a position to help the little stinkweed learn to hold back her outbursts.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

That wasn't Luci, that was Becky. (cf: Do The Eyes and Hooked Up)

And here's the strip where Luci mentioned her time in Juvie: Stuck Shoe

Oh, and irony of the day: today was the last time I was scheduled to work on the girls' side of the institution (Copper Lake School) - the same day we learn Luci's last name.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

jwhouk wrote:That wasn't Luci, that was Becky. (cf: Do The Eyes and Hooked Up)

And here's the strip where Luci mentioned her time in Juvie: Stuck Shoe

Oh, and irony of the day: today was the last time I was scheduled to work on the girls' side of the institution (Copper Lake School) - the same day we learn Luci's last name.
Ah. Much grass for the correction. Becky works/worked/supplied baked goods at/to Mucho Mocha. Luci at Punk Yoga. Got them mixed up.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

OK - Juvenile Hall, I stand corrected. Yes, I was thinking of that episode with the portal cloth tattoo. Same premise though, but probably with a big twist!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

lake_wrangler wrote:
Atomic wrote:
Dave wrote:So, is Shelly proposing Luci as Castela's mentor in calmness? And, if so, why Luci in particular?
Luci grew up in an orphanage, and was never adopted. She's fixated (samuari?) on Jacqui for reasons not completely revealed. She's despised Shelly for her strength and liberty she doesn't see in herself,
She said something, in the past, about how she despised that Shelley seemed to not have to work at anything to get her way, to get rewarded for things Luci felt she didn't deserve, or something to that effect. She was impressed by Shelley's portal tattoo (she had expected Shelley to have some small, insignificant tattoo, and pretend she was now hardcore, or something...)
Atomic wrote:hence playing mean tricks on Shelly like letting the air out of her motorcycle tires.
Wasn't that in retaliation for annoying Luci? I seem to recall Shelly got Luci's car alarm going, so she could get past the front desk and talk to Jacqui, in spite of Luci's continued efforts to prevent that from happening...
http://wapsisquare.com/comic/shemeanswell/Image
2008-05-21Image