Top Spot 2017-12-08

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
JSStryker

Top Spot 2017-12-08

Post by JSStryker »

Vive la weird!
Atomic

Re: Top Spot 2017-12-08

Post by Atomic »

Somebody remind me of Selene's para type again please? I can't find it in the Wiki or character lists.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Atomic wrote:Somebody remind me of Selene's para type again please? I can't find it in the Wiki or character lists.
Succubus. Like her daughter.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AnotherFairportfan

If she knew Katherine's background, she might not be QUITE as surprised.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Dave

Post by Dave »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
Atomic wrote:Somebody remind me of Selene's para type again please? I can't find it in the Wiki or character lists.
We just learned that her daughter is at most only half-succubus (assuming that Skylar's father is the husband that Selene is referring to.)
Thor

Post by Thor »

spacer
Let's just get this out of the way...

Kath uses Mom Voice!
It's super-effective!
Thor

Post by Thor »

Dave wrote:
We just learned that her daughter is at most only half-succubus (assuming that Skylar's father is the husband that Selene is referring to.)
Not necessarily. Skylar's father could also be a succubus that identifies as a male.

In today's world (and especially in the realm of webcomics) you just can't get away with making assumptions any more.
Dave

Post by Dave »

[quote=""Thor"]
Dave wrote:We just learned that her daughter is at most only half-succubus (assuming that Skylar's father is the husband that Selene is referring to.)
Not necessarily. Skylar's father could also be a succubus that identifies as a male. [/quote]
That's what I meant by "assuming". Selene's husband is human, so if he is Skylar's father, Skylar can't possibly be more than half succubus.

On the other hand, if Skylar's father and Selene's husband are two different individuals, then we don't know how much succubus heritage Skylar has.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Dave wrote:[quote=""Thor"]
Dave wrote:We just learned that her daughter is at most only half-succubus (assuming that Skylar's father is the husband that Selene is referring to.)
Not necessarily. Skylar's father could also be a succubus that identifies as a male.
That's what I meant by "assuming". Selene's husband is human, so if he is Skylar's father, Skylar can't possibly be more than half succubus.

On the other hand, if Skylar's father and Selene's husband are two different individuals, then we don't know how much succubus heritage Skylar has.[/quote]
I'd say 50% minium, presuming Selene is purebred.

--FreeFlier
AnotherFairportfan

Dave wrote:
It looks as if half-something is generally as good as 100% something, since Atsali seems to be able to go full siren or full succubus.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Kath hasn't yet resorted to Mom-Voice for this session; that there was 'Jedi Mind Tricks' in the 1st panel...
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

TazManiac wrote:Kath hasn't yet resorted to Mom-Voice for this session; that there was 'Jedi Mind Tricks' in the 1st panel...
I thought Mom-voice was the first Master level Jedi power to manifest.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Thanks for the reminder! Wasn't sure if it was succubus, faun, or a mix.

My Deviant Art scribbles
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

Dang. Just hit me. It's Friday, so no more story until Monday.

Just a little slow (er than usual) today after surviving the arctic blast that blanketed the Houston area with snow overnight. It was horrible. The local news was showing images of mass pandemonium on the roads I normally take to work. I had to remove about two inches of fluffy snow accumulation from my car, risking frostbite, bites from snowbats, snowsnakes, snowwolves, and worse- I might have stepped off the driveway and trod upon a snow-covered Jasper land mine. Granted, most likely would have been hard from the cold, but still...

Made it to work just fine. Took a little longer due to most people driving cautiously for a change.

And perhaps we will see additional Mrs. Faust sketches on the eee bay!
sheik

Post by sheik »

Kath's Mom Voice may be super effective simply because of her origin, being something of a compound being herself (six souls was it?)
As for Skylar being 100% Succubus, this might be true if the Succubus trait runs true only through the female line. So no matter how many generations go by so long as there are daughters there are Succubi.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Dave wrote:[quote=""Thor"]

On the other hand, if Skylar's father and Selene's husband are two different individuals, then we don't know how much succubus heritage Skylar has.[/quote]

For all we know, succubi could be parthenogenetic. Which could make Skylar's and Atsali's dorm life suddenly a lot more complicated.
AnotherFairportfan

Catawampus wrote:For all we know, succubi could be parthenogenetic. Which could make Skylar's and Atsali's dorm life suddenly a lot more complicated.
Atsali had a father. He was apparently an incubus.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Was he the sort after which a particular band from the 90s named themselves?
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Catawampus wrote:For all we know, succubi could be parthenogenetic. Which could make Skylar's and Atsali's dorm life suddenly a lot more complicated.
Atsali had a father. He was apparently an incubus.
Yep, the unfortunate (though perhaps very fortunate in life up until his final moments) Walter. The point being, though, that we don't really know a thing about succubus reproduction, so guessing at Skylar's parentage is even more tricky than is guessing at an ordinary human's.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Catawampus wrote:Yep, the unfortunate (though perhaps very fortunate in life up until his final moments) Walter.
Head scratching on that one. Linky?

My Deviant Art scribbles