Knowing Why 2017-12-07

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
TazManiac

Re: Knowing Why 2017-12-07

Post by TazManiac »

Dave, Pun Jar is making that noise again...

Dave

Post by Dave »

What puns? That was a parody (or perhaps a pastiche) of a perfectly proper piece of poesy.

You really need to get the attack animals out of here. Lose the cat, will you, and karloff the dogs.

(Dave places a hearty helping of Roast Beast into the Pun Jar)
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Dave wrote:It would utterly suck if Pickle were to learn that she's not just a deliberately-built anti-Fae weapon, but a weapon who is reaching an adulthood that comes equipped with an uncontrollable urge to run wild and fire itself blindly into crowds any time a Fae shows up. Every suckier would be if she finds that her violent rage can be triggered and controlled by somebody else... that she can be turned from a person, into a ranged weapon "on command".

Bruce Banner had it tough enough, dealing with The Hulk's violent rages, but at least The Hulk's creation was accidental and its violence was random and reactive. It would be at least as bad for Castela, having to deal with the same sort of uncontrollable rage and violence, and knowing that the cause was "I was deliberately made to be this way."
Cf: "The Iron Giant"
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Catawampus wrote:She's already faced an almost identical situation from Atsali, plus had both the kids going a bit nuts. She's a bit more mentally and emotionally prepared for seeing her cute little kids turn into weapons of mass destruction. She's outright stated to herself that her job now as a mother of two paranormal kids is to watch over a couple of creatures who could easily impulsively kill her and keep them in line purely by the strength of her own personality.
You forgot the whip, chair and revolver with blanks.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

- Dave; Sorry, I had that thing in a bag, but...

- Fairport; (I thought I already ref'd 'Iron Giant': "You Don't Have to be a Gun, You can Choose..."

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/The_Iron_Giant
Hogarth Hughes said:
[Giant is about to kill Hogarth.] No, wait! It's me. Hogarth, remember? It's bad to kill.
Guns kill, and you don't have to be a gun.
You are what you choose to be. You choose. [closes his eyes, bracing for impact]
Choose.
If folks haven't yet seen that film, it's well worth seeing. And would make a good choice this Wintry Season, now that I think about it...
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

Dave wrote:(Dave places a hearty helping of Roast Beast into the Pun Jar)
Don't forget the horseradish. What good is roast beast without horseradish?
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Dave wrote:What puns? That was a parody (or perhaps a pastiche) of a perfectly proper piece of poesy.

You really need to get the attack animals out of here. Lose the cat, will you, and karloff the dogs.

(Dave places a hearty helping of Roast Beast into the Pun Jar)
Well at lest with cat and all the dogs around here things will never boris.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/The_Iron_Giant
Hogarth Hughes said:
[Giant is about to kill Hogarth.] No, wait! It's me. Hogarth, remember? It's bad to kill.
Guns kill, and you don't have to be a gun.
You are what you choose to be. You choose. [closes his eyes, bracing for impact]
Choose.
This is called Sayer's Objection:
  • Miss Rose Sayer was a missionary's daughter in WW 1 German East Africa. Her father engaged Charles Alnut and his boat to see her down river to safety in a British held area. After various narrow escapes, Charles decides to celebrate a bit and hoists a few drinks for the occasion, getting drunk in the process. One hangover later, he apologizes to Rose, saying it's a mans nature to cut loose every now and again. And Rose replied with Sayer's Objection: "But isn't our nature what we're here to overcome?
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

Atomic wrote: This is called Sayer's Objection:
  • Miss Rose Sayer was a missionary's daughter in WW 1 German East Africa. Her father engaged Charles Alnut and his boat to see her down river to safety in a British held area. After various narrow escapes, Charles decides to celebrate a bit and hoists a few drinks for the occasion, getting drunk in the process. One hangover later, he apologizes to Rose, saying it's a mans nature to cut loose every now and again. And Rose replied with Sayer's Objection: "But isn't our nature what we're here to overcome?
One of my favorite films. However, to voice a contrary opinion to Ms. Sayer - why indeed to we have to overcome all of our nature? As long as one practices a certain level of restraint, of course.

First do no harm - then do what you will.
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."