Figure It Out 2017-11-29

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AnotherFairportfan

Figure It Out 2017-11-29

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AnotherFairportfan

Re: Figure It Out 2017-11-29

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Except more important.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

That is one solid smack with a cluebat +5 . . .

--FreeFlier
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

But, thinking hard. Raging easy, AND fun.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Ah. So there is a method, behind her madness...

I still think she's not being very nice about it, though...
eee

Post by eee »

lake_wrangler wrote:Ah. So there is a method, behind her madness...

"Castela, dear, it is obvious you have serious feelings for Hiroshi. He has the same for you. Why don't you both drop your denial, stop making this an anime romantic comedy, and start dating?"

Would that work? Would telling Asuka Langley that Shinji was an OK guy have done any good? We've already seen the Pickle WILL NOT admit when she likes a boy and will keep them at arm's distance all the harder the more she's attracted. Dealing with her like a reasonable person on this won't work, because she's not being one. She's got to be tricked to acknowledge her feelings, especially to herself. :(
Dave

Post by Dave »

Daylla is definitely playing with fire here. I keep thinking of the old maxim that "the road to Hell is paved with good intentions". Considering that this is the Wapsiverse we're talking about, that might be just where she's inadvertently aiming the ghost-hunters.

I've been considering the relationships in this group, trying to model it out in the way that chemists will diagram a molecule and try to predict its shape and chemical nature. There's a very strong ionic bond between Scarlet and Timothy, with what might be van der Waals correlations between Timothy and Castela (an old attraction), and between Scarlet and Daylla (co-conspirators). Daylla is apparently a metal ion of some sort... and possibly radioactive.

There's a complex ionic/covalent resonance between Castela, Hiroshi, and Shawna. All three of these are in an obviously energized state, and based on Hiroshi's remarks about full-spectrum photography it's clear that this part of the molecule is highly photosensitive and photoreactive (and hence quite unstable). Only the Gods know what the effect will be, of surreptitious observation... the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle is going to have a field day with these three.

One thing is abundantly clear: this molecule needs more nitrogens! :mrgreen:
Last edited by Dave on Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

Dave wrote:One thing is abundantly clear: this molecule needs more nitrogens! :mrgreen:
Yes, the excursion should be an interesting night-rogen.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Daylla and her co-conspirator Scarlet have to hope that Pickle is so happy with the outcome that she forgives the manipulation it took to achieve it. It is also very desirable that Shawna not be broken down to the sub atomic level during the discovery process.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Well, she did watch Castela's previous extended bout of denial regarding Timothy, and likely has a good idea of how much that ended up hurting Castela. So now that she sees the same pattern starting up again, she's probably figured that it's time to forget about nicely letting Castela go about things her own way.

Whether Daylla's right or not, and whether things go as Daylla would like, are things to be found out later, of course. . .

I wonder if she's given any consideration to the other two involved, though, or if she's only thinking of her long-time friend.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

AmriloJim wrote:Yes, the excursion should be an interesting night-rogen.

Color me slow, but I have been seeing this pun in isolation for years and not understanding what a night-rogen was. Now I know it is a chemistry pun that was lost on a mechanical engineer. But I really should have caught it as a writer. I am embarrass :oops:
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Opus the Poet wrote:
Color me slow, but I have been seeing this pun in isolation for years and not understanding what a night-rogen was. Now I know it is a chemistry pun that was lost on a mechanical engineer. But I really should have caught it as a writer. I am embarrass :oops:
"More nitrogen..."
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Dave wrote:
Opus the Poet wrote:
"More nitrogen..."
Idiot-savants without anvils . . .

--FreeFlier