A Warning 2012-10-19

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Ohnhai

Re: A Warning 2012-10-19

Post by Ohnhai »

impressive 'poiting' skills.... but the whole 'clothes optional' trick was honed with Mon's experiments in bra removal... :)
The Old Wolf

Post by The Old Wolf »

Atomic wrote:Well, turnabout is fair play!
My comment is hereby rendered superfluous.
“Make the world work, for 100% of humanity, in the shortest possible time, through spontaneous cooperation, without ecological offense or the disadvantage of anyone.”
-R. Buckminster Fuller
---------------
Playing in the World Game
Fatuncle

Post by Fatuncle »

Well, no one else has said it, so I guess it's up to me. (wipes away a tear) Arse not what your forum can do for you ...

What we have here is a pair of young ladies that have been fundamentally M-bare-assed.

(opens the windows and turns on the attic fan)
Last edited by Fatuncle on Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wildcat

Post by Wildcat »

mall? what mall? @.x

Wildcat
Bud_Fanboi

Post by Bud_Fanboi »

Well that's a way to end a Friday
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Monica needs to be careful. That is to much naked aggression.

Why not Mall of America? More tourists.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Panel 2: New Wallpaper. 8-) Aw CRAP! :shock: "Hi Honey! This? Oh, Someone. E-mailed this to me. I'll. Just. Delete It. :cry:
I don't care WHO you are thats Funny right there. :lol:
Solbet

Post by Solbet »

I'll be in my bunk.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Still a Cliffhanger. How do they talk themselves out of this? And what kind of change of gears will be up Monday?
eee

Post by eee »

NOTDilbert wrote:So, the heart of the sun is...a shopping Mall?
Monica can't poit where she hasn't been before. None of them can, that's why they were going to fly to Ireland. (I wonder if they're ever going to follow up on that and make sure there wasn't anything else in that tree beyond the Artifact?) M hasn't been to Hell or in the heart of the Sun - yet - so she couldn't send them there. She had, however, been to that mall..

I've got to say I'm relived Monica kept her vengeance so mild. Bud and Shelly were pushing - heck, jumping up and down - on one of her most desperate triggers, Betrayal. She's STILL having problems from Shelly sticking the shiv in her noggin, God knows what Bud punching her heart out will do to her. I suspect this is long standing trauma from when her parents had her committed; when the people you trust most in your life send you to a terrifying prison you may later be able to rationalize it, to intellectually accept they were doing what they thought best, but I doubt you ever get over it. That may be why M has apparently not contacted her parents during the whole course of the strip. Other relatives, yes, her parents, not a word to them although several about them.

I doubt Monica's going to break off relations with Bud or Shelly over this, but she may refuse to see them for the next few weeks.
Julie

Post by Julie »

I wonder what kind of chat the MIB will have to have with M after this incident. :) Then again, it might be wise of them to steer clear of her until she calms the F down. The out-of-control rage in her expression (or maybe it's just the black eyes) is rather unsettling.

Also: Shelly may have had a point about M being in hardcore denial about her status as a dangerous paranormal/supernatural, but M is also right that they should then take care about poking the dragon. They did kind of deserve this (it's not how I would have gotten my payback...but I've always said "Don't get even...get ahead")...but I'm kind of feeling like it's a fairly tame "punishment" for being so cavalier about M's life (I do so love the word cavalier). M may be dangerous, but she's not very inclined to lash out in dangerous ways...yet...

Awesome way to end a week! :D
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
as363

Post by as363 »

What a lovely way to spend the week-end (and they are not) contemplating this cel. And yes - I am a "Dirty old man" - and proud of it. Drops signed - first edition - of "Fifty Shades of Grey' into the pun-vault.
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

I think this is the first cliffhanger where I don't mind waiting until Monday.
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
donoho

Post by donoho »

Julie wrote:snip...

Also: Shelly may have had a point about M being in hardcore denial about her status as a dangerous paranormal/supernatural, but M is also right that they should then take care about poking the dragon. They did kind of deserve this (it's not how I would have gotten my payback...but I've always said "Don't get even...get ahead")...but I'm kind of feeling like it's a fairly tame "punishment" for being so cavalier about M's life (I do so love the word cavalier). M may be dangerous, but she's not very inclined to lash out in dangerous ways...yet...

...snip
Flippancy aside, I think that was the whole poit of this exercise. Flips wooden nickel into pun jar.
"You're powerful, adding to how dangerous..."

It seems like Monica hit a point in her supernatural evolution that warrnated "the talk". Of all the girls, it seems like Shelly was the most conscious of her evolution (nothin but time to think in the forest) and her difficulties revolved around reacclimation to the world. She knew she was dangerous and worked to find a balance she could live with.

Monica is going to need to make some adjustments soon, but that requires conscious acknowledgement of her power and potential. Because of Monica's friends, she shouldn't have to cause irreparable damage with a follow up of "I didn't know...". In the long run, given the choice, Monica would rather go this route than unwittingly cause harm to others. She only feels that they're being cavalier about her life because she doesn't understand the extent of her life's strength. Yet.
Gaz Hunter

Post by Gaz Hunter »

Hmm...I take it that this can be regarded as mall adjustment?

Gaz
Gaz Hunter

Truckinghelltheseries.blogspot.com

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/GazHunter
Gaz Hunter

Post by Gaz Hunter »

Actually...they could be regarded as mall lingerers as well... possibly mall content. :twisted:

Gaz
Gaz Hunter

Truckinghelltheseries.blogspot.com

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/GazHunter
ziggy78eog

Post by ziggy78eog »

Huh, I suddenly have a powerful urge to go to the Nicollet Mall...
TlalocW

Post by TlalocW »

If I were Bud and had poiting ability too, I wouldn't be wasting time commenting but getting out of there. Unless maybe, Monica can poit someone and set up an anti-poiting field at their location? :)

In the 1980s (and probably more since then), Marvel put out a series of "encyclopedia" comics that listed all the characters - super-powered and non - and gave their stats, origins, powers, and weaknesses. For instance the Hulk would be listed as being able to lift 90 pounds in his normal state but if angered could easily lift more as the madder he got, the stronger he got, could jump so-and-so far, had a healing factor that allowed him to do so-and-so... etc.

Paul, you need to do that for the characters. :) I'd buy a few copies.
Maji

Post by Maji »

Dave wrote:O the embarrassment!

... but it could have been very much worse.

I don't think we've ever seen Monica black-eyed with rage before... that's a page out of Brandi's playbook.
I think a more appropriate statement would be...

DON'T #$%^@&&^!! WITH ME!! :evil:
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

MerchManDan wrote:Also, seeing the shade of Mon's text, I'm wondering if she's fully in control of herself. :?
Good point. Makes me wonder if her demons see an opportunity and are taking it. Especially with the dark eyes thing.
eee wrote:Monica can't poit where she hasn't been before. None of them can, that's why they were going to fly to Ireland. (I wonder if they're ever going to follow up on that and make sure there wasn't anything else in that tree beyond the Artifact?) M hasn't been to Hell or in the heart of the Sun - yet - so she couldn't send them there. She had, however, been to that mall.
That is the usual way of things, but I was wondering about what Shelly said; "... and her ability to poit anything anywhere." Does that mean just what it says? Does she have the ability to poit anything anywhere, even if she has not been there before?
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.