The Newest 2017-11-20

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AnotherFairportfan

Re: The Newest 2017-11-20

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Catawampus wrote:It might be an extra long weekend in the fishing industry, with the schools being out. . .
Okay.

Forget the Pun Jar. You gotta pay the alligator.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Two things; It's pretty much logical to assume that Jess and Krystle are two to three years older than Atsali, due to the comments already made (the reference to "prom" and how she referred to Abby, Devyn and the gang freshmen, not including herself). Second, since the kindergartners use the portals to get home (from the whole Orc Gal storyline), it'd be a good guess that Jess has access to the portal system. In fact, given her job being a slightly unusual one - the fishing industry - she might have a portal on-site, in an older part of the warehouse or wherever she works.

Side note: part of me wonders if her mom's claim to fame in life is that she was the original "model" for the Chicken of the Sea mermaid logo...
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

AnotherFairportfan wrote: . . . Also, with Jessie implied to be in an executive position at the seafood company {even if it is a family business}, 'twould make sense that they've been out of high school a couple years at least.
FreeFlier wrote:I don't see that implication . . . she could be a line worker literally sorting and weighing the catch and making sure it makes the flight out.
AnotherFairportfan wrote:Not if she's flying home from Sweden for weekends.
Catawampus wrote:I get the impression that she hasn't been the Minneapolis in quite a while, though, so it may be just this one weekend she managed to make it. It might be an extra long weekend in the fishing industry, with the schools being out. . .
. . . You'd better feed the pun jar before it goes all cattywampus and completely loses its sense of scale . . . the resulting tails are never finny.

/drops a fresh copy of Weapuns of Mind Destruction into the pun jar/

Could also be that it's an important family occasion and her family sent tickets.

I wonder where Daniel is these days? Next station over?

--FreeFlier
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

FreeFlier wrote: . . . You'd better feed the pun jar before it goes all cattywampus and completely loses its sense of scale . . . the resulting tails are never finny.
Oh, was there a pun? Goodness me, I suppose I'd better contribute $10 then.

*plaices a couple fin in the Pun Jar*
I wonder where Daniel is these days? Next station over?
Perhaps we'll have glad tidings of him soon.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Am I the only one who thinks Fermented Banana should do a reunion tour?
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
Typeminer

Post by Typeminer »

Alkarii wrote:Am I the only one who thinks Fermented Banana should do a reunion tour?
Hell, no. 8-)
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Typeminer wrote:
Alkarii wrote:Am I the only one who thinks Fermented Banana should do a reunion tour?
Hell, no. 8-)
"Mind if my librarian friend joins in? She brought her own guitar. Yeah, it's an. . .older model."
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Oh, crap, I just realized... With all that time Shelly spent in that time forest, it's entirely possible that she completely forgot how to play... But, then again, going by the continuity, it's also been more than a few years since she came back, too, so maybe she had to relearn?

Also, what has their drummer been up to? Is he still dating Lakshmi?
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Alkarii wrote:Oh, crap, I just realized... With all that time Shelly spent in that time forest, it's entirely possible that she completely forgot how to play... But, then again, going by the continuity, it's also been more than a few years since she came back, too, so maybe she had to relearn?

Shelly told Monica, just after she "returned", that "she remembered ten minutes ago, like it was ten minutes ago." Apparently, her time in the Forest didn't push her earlier human-life memories into the background. It seems to be as if she now has two sets of memories, both accessible... when the two timelines converged, she got both.

So, she may still have kept her ability to play.
Thor

Post by Thor »

Alkarii wrote:Oh, crap, I just realized... With all that time Shelly spent in that time forest, it's entirely possible that she completely forgot how to play... But, then again, going by the continuity, it's also been more than a few years since she came back, too, so maybe she had to relearn?

Actually, they got married, IIRC.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Thor wrote:

Actually, they got married, IIRC.
Indeed. They eloped and sent Shelly a postcard.