At least 2012-10-18

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Opus the Poet

At least 2012-10-18

Post by Opus the Poet »

First! Wait, I have to read the comic first, don't I?

ETA: and M is not very happy about the test parameters.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Dave

Re: At least 2012-10-18

Post by Dave »

Odds of three to five?!? I can't tell which way they're tilting the odds here, but either way, I hope to $DEITY that they're just yanking her chain again.

You really ought to have odds no worse than 4:1 in your favor before punching a friend's heart right out of her chest. ;)
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

The way these two know how to play the odds they should poit to Vegas. :lol:

Also, Shelly seems to be defying physics in panel 1. So she isn't a sphinx after all, she's Pinkie Pie. :shock:
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Jerry Lewis

Post by Jerry Lewis »

Um, Pablo... "calendar" fix, in panel 1.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Bud, I mean, Acacia, is just off-screen holding her like a guitar...

Love the way those two look in the last panel... :D
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

'Scars"? What have i forgotten?
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

shadowinthelight wrote: Also, Shelly seems to be defying physics in panel 1. So she isn't a sphinx after all, she's Pinkie Pie. :shock:
I think Monica is still seated/kneeling on the floor in frame 1. And still without coffee! How long will they dare to leave the core exposed without coolant?
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

shadowinthelight wrote:The way these two know how to play the odds they should poit to Vegas. :lol:
If you can poit objects other than yourself, then you aren't going to Vegas to gamble.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Stigmartyr762

Post by Stigmartyr762 »

Monica's mellow has been heinously harshed. LOL
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Yarner

Post by Yarner »

So, it's the key in her head that's doing this to M!
I can accept that. You can't meddle with supernatural powers without being affected.
(I was really afraid that pablo will pull out another rabbit from the hat and discover that M's great-grandparents were also gods or something... that would have been too much)

Anyways - apparently a sided effect of being a millenia-old sage has the inevitable side effect of being a jerk sometimes. :lol:
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

carnac 18OCT12.png
carnac 18OCT12.png (245.42 KiB) Viewed 15712 times
I see Friday ending in a miffed teleport, and Monday starting with a dishevled one...
Last edited by Jabberwonky on Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

If we want to get super-technical, Acacia punched Mon in the back - the punch then erupted from her chest like an alien. But that's just splitting hairs (along with a sternum and several ribs).
Opus the Poet wrote:First!
...really, Opus? I mean, really.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
illiad

Post by illiad »

shadowinthelight wrote:The way these two know how to play the odds they should poit to Vegas. :lol:

Also, Shelly seems to be defying physics in panel 1. So she isn't a sphinx after all, she's Pinkie Pie. :shock:
what?? no thats just a normal 'lean into shot' pic.... at least she isnt 'holding onto the cartoon frame' I have seen elsewhere!!!! :D :mrgreen:
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Interesting Monica seems to have minor amnesia as she does not remember what Bud did. So the re-birth is accompanied by a memory blackout. Wonder how much time it covers. This could be a problem under certain conditions.
Even thourhg they did it to prove to Monica how dangerous she is it does indicate a certain casual attitude towards her. Combined with the memory black out now if you want to keep Monica from remembering what you were talking about just kill her and make a story up. I hope that doesn't become a trend.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Fairportfan wrote:'Scars"? What have i forgotten?
My question exactly. Did she do something when she and Jin went Island hopping?
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

Anyone else thinking it's time those two to stop kidding around and start taking this just a bit more seriously? They made their point; M might listen now, if they'd let her calm down a bit.
jwhouk wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:'Scars"? What have i forgotten?
My question exactly. Did she do something when she and Jin went Island hopping?
She got blown up by a volcano, blown up by a mine, and had two high velocity emergency-poit reentries.

Both she and Jin had a good number of burns and scrapes from that, I'd be really surprised if she didn't pick up a few scars from it.
Last edited by Aleister Crow on Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
eee

Post by eee »

Good GOD these two are pressing their luck! Monica is EXTREMELY angry and upset, and they're just pouring it on to make her MORE angry and upset. If we get past Friday without her ordering Bud to stop moving then poiting them both to God knows where, leaving Shelly to have to get herself and Bud back on her own, I'll be surprised. :shock:
KateKane

Post by KateKane »

zachariah wrote:Interesting Monica seems to have minor amnesia as she does not remember what Bud did. So the re-birth is accompanied by a memory blackout. Wonder how much time it covers. This could be a problem under certain conditions.
Even thourhg they did it to prove to Monica how dangerous she is it does indicate a certain casual attitude towards her. Combined with the memory black out now if you want to keep Monica from remembering what you were talking about just kill her and make a story up. I hope that doesn't become a trend.

I would say it is not a matter of amnesia, it is that she was killed instantly from behind. She had her heart punched out before she knew what was happening. Her brain ceased functioning before it could form a memory of the event.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

KateKane wrote:
zachariah wrote:Interesting Monica seems to have minor amnesia as she does not remember what Bud did. So the re-birth is accompanied by a memory blackout. Wonder how much time it covers. This could be a problem under certain conditions.

I would say it is not a matter of amnesia, it is that she was killed instantly from behind. She had her heart punched out before she knew what was happening. Her brain ceased functioning before it could form a memory of the event.
Death does not occur that quickly for the brain. She would have memories from the event. It takes head tramua before memories get lost. While the heart died istantly the brain lingers on. The only option would be for the re-birth to kick in before the memory chains impress. That makes it a memory loss due to the re-birth. So it's a matter of how much time she lost. seconds, minutes, or more. If she thinks Shelly stuck a knife in her again then she lost more of the conversation then it seems she did is my guess.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Jabberwonky wrote:
carnac 18OCT12.png
I see Friday ending in a miffed teleport, and Monday starting with a dishevled one...
"Phix, Monica, and the dreaded Friday Cliffhangers."
*glare*
"Just restating for emphasis, O Precognitive One!"
"May a weird holy man claim your sister in the name of Spain!"
*opens envelope*
"Name a Sphinx, a Minx, and a Jinx!"