Schnitzelbank 2017-10-31

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Opus the Poet

Re: Schnitzelbank 2017-10-31

Post by Opus the Poet »

FreeFlier wrote:

And Atsali looks like she's on the edge of wardrobe failure.

--FreeFlier
Spirit gum or double-sided tape. Used to prevent wardrobe malfunctions since WWI
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Opus the Poet wrote:
FreeFlier wrote:And Atsali looks like she's on the edge of wardrobe failure.
Spirit gum or double-sided tape. Used to prevent wardrobe malfunctions since WWI
Well, accidental wardrobe malfunctions anyway . . . and to help the other kind happen on cue . . .

--FreeFlier
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

FreeFlier wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:
Dave wrote:?[Better that, than kraken sushi. :mrgreen:
Ewww. Tastes like iodine.
It shouldn't . . . it should be more like ammonia.

And Atsali looks like she's on the edge of wardrobe failure.

--FreeFlier
Those outfits are designed like that. Either for viewing or ease of access, not sure which.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

FreeFlier wrote:
Opus the Poet wrote:
FreeFlier wrote:And Atsali looks like she's on the edge of wardrobe failure.
Well, accidental wardrobe malfunctions anyway . . . and to help the other kind happen on cue . . .

--FreeFlier
The major sport of a serving girl in a drindle is popping her tip right into the cleavage... from a respectable distance...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

eee wrote:Oh my dear God in heaven, it's the Schnitzelbank song!!!

And Atsali, a SIREN(!), is SINGING it!!!

That's going to get that place rollicking... :lol:
She could have Nadette come visit, to make the thing even more interesting and paranormally.

"Ist das nicht ein Schnitzelbank?"

"Ya, das ist ein Schnitzelbank!"

*Atsali hops onto the Schnitzelbank, which suddenly sprouts a pair of furry ears*

"Nein, das ist ein Ursamorph!"
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

Sgt. Howard wrote: The major sport of a serving girl in a drindle is popping her tip right into the cleavage... from a respectable distance...
Well, that's a rather comprehensive change... {aims a couple of Euros for the landing zone in question, then relents and digs out a carefully-guarded stash of five Deutsche Mark coins}
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

So... Schnitzelbank, huh?

Are we talking about a bank that uses sausage as its main currency? :mrgreen:
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Tossing coins into a girl's cleavage sounds like a recipe for trouble, though.

Also, I can't stop myself from thinking of some pretty bad jokes because of the comment about banks and sausage, but I'll just let someone else's imagination run wild, so they can take the fall for making those jokes.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

lake_wrangler wrote:So... Schnitzelbank, huh?

It is a carpenter's bench that holds what you are carving/cutting ("schnitzling") by leverage of your foot against a pedal ... like a spoke shavers' vise.
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Alkarii wrote:Tossing coins into a girl's cleavage sounds like a recipe for trouble, though.

Also, I can't stop myself from thinking of some pretty bad jokes because of the comment about banks and sausage, but I'll just let someone else's imagination run wild, so they can take the fall for making those jokes.
Something something Disney cheapskate something coins -- so, saving Mr. Banks?

Never mind, I found the door. I'll see myself out.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Alkarii wrote:Tossing coins into a girl's cleavage sounds like a recipe for trouble, though.

Most drindels have a cloth funnel sewn in to catch the coins and guide them to a pocket in the skirt- it's expected.
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Wow, that's kind of weird. In this part of the world, you even acknowledge the existence of a woman's breasts (without being in an intimate relationship with her, or getting intimate), and you risk getting in a lot of trouble.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Every nation/region has its own quirky taboos.

--FreeFlier
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Yeah, but technically, in the US, acknowledging a female as a female in any way beyond pronouns could get you sued for sexual harassment. And now, in some areas, if someone looks like a female, but self identifies as anything else, you can get into trouble for guessing based on what you see. (Thanks, California...)

But it's my understanding that Germany and Austria are a bit more relaxed about sex and such. Not that I'm gonna go over there as soon as I learn German and start hitting on the barmaids.

My dad told me about a time he was in a West German bar, and some patron (I think he was an American, in the military) grabbed the barmaid's ass as she walked by, with multiple full beer steins in each hand. She set them down on a table, turned, lifted the guy by the shirt until he was off the ground, slapped him both ways (as in, palm and backhand), set him down, grabbed the beers, and went about her business.

That would have been pretty cool to see. Too bad I wouldn't be able to pick up a girl like that, as I can't really stand the taste of beer.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Alkarii wrote:Yeah, but technically, in the US, acknowledging a female as a female in any way beyond pronouns could get you sued for sexual harassment. And now, in some areas, if someone looks like a female, but self identifies as anything else, you can get into trouble for guessing based on what you see. (Thanks, California...)

But it's my understanding that Germany and Austria are a bit more relaxed about sex and such. Not that I'm gonna go over there as soon as I learn German and start hitting on the barmaids.

My dad told me about a time he was in a West German bar, and some patron (I think he was an American, in the military) grabbed the barmaid's ass as she walked by, with multiple full beer steins in each hand. She set them down on a table, turned, lifted the guy by the shirt until he was off the ground, slapped him both ways (as in, palm and backhand), set him down, grabbed the beers, and went about her business.

That would have been pretty cool to see. Too bad I wouldn't be able to pick up a girl like that, as I can't really stand the taste of beer.
I suspect she might not like beer either, after serving it all day . . .

--FreeFlier
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Sgt. Howard wrote:

It is a carpenter's bench that holds what you are carving/cutting ("schnitzling") by leverage of your foot against a pedal ... like a spoke shavers' vise.
Thanks. That's neat. So are the Wiki pages for the Shaving Horse, the [urlhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drawknife]Drawknife[/url] and the Spokeshave.

If I was the jealous type (which I'm not), I would now envy those who have the time and space necessary to use such tools.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

lake_wrangler wrote:
Sgt. Howard wrote:

Thanks. That's neat. So are the Wiki pages for the Shaving Horse, the [urlhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drawknife]Drawknife[/url] and the Spokeshave.

If I was the jealous type (which I'm not), I would now envy those who have the time and space necessary to use such tools.
There is quite a bit of Zen to it- I use mine to do rifle stocks.
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Sgt. Howard wrote:There is quite a bit of Zen to it- I use mine to do rifle stocks.
I had to do a double-take on that, because I just came from the TwoKinds forum. Where Zen means something entirely different. And isn't very Zen.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Alkarii wrote:... as I can't really stand the taste of beer.
That may well be the case, but the initial reaction I have to that kind of fatalism is that you haven't yet tasted the right kind of beer...

btw- I'm surprised I haven't seen more references to current day Renaissance Fairs.

(edit) Oh Ma Gerd; there's even a whole (NSFW surely) website devoted to the adoration of things bountiful and RenFair related... http://renfaireboobs.com/
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Did you hear about the man who broke into a butcher shop and threw raw chicken pieces everywhere?

At the trial he explained, "I really like heaving breasts!"
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff