Quirky Girl 2012-08-03

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
NOTDilbert

Re: Quirky Girl

Post by NOTDilbert »

Atomic wrote:shadowinthelight, that can't POSSIBLY be the pun jar! I remember a mint condition '54 DeSoto being in there somewhere.

It's behind the other elephant.....
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Magasek wrote:@everyone and @zachariah

I do not believe that Paul would devote a whole week just to fart jokes (which I found humorous, I'll sheepishly admit :oops: ). I wonder if we didn't just meet Prometheus.

Or maybe Perseus? There was that one movie.... something about a thief......
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Lee M

Post by Lee M »

shadowinthelight wrote:Well, that was an interesting way to fish for a guy.

And here is a gift for the forum. (click for full size)
Pun bank? I jes' be seein' that. (Say it out loud. Then feel free to groan loudly.)
The paper maker is the basest of all creatures. He deprives the beggar of his rags to make white sheets for editors to lie on.
--early 20th century school essay, from Fresh Howlers, ed. H. Cecil Hunt (UK, 1930)
Wdot

Post by Wdot »

I like the Pun Bank! However, I do think that it is a mere safe deposit box within the decidely multi-dimentional PUN VAULT.
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Sorry about the size of the pun bank. It is meant for normal currency deposits and as the key suggests, to be emptied daily. Anything larger will have to be taken directly to the vault.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Mark N wrote:Kath was having a good butt day. :twisted:
Unfortunately, the same can't be said for Oscar.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
chibichibi01

Post by chibichibi01 »

AGH.

SALESPEOPLE.
ImageImage
waldosan

Post by waldosan »

BRING ON THY BANHAMMA!
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

zachariah wrote:Normally I really enjoy the strip. After last week and the major revelations that came out I was hoping for something even more that this. Sorry but a lactose intolerant fish taking up a whole week is just sad. I mean this is a long way to go simply for fart jokes don't you think. Best excuse I can think of is Paul burned his brain out with finally revelaving major plot information last week. Then he looked at it and said, 'Meh! Just scribble something next and I'll get back to it the week after. So at least this is over and hopefully we can get back to Shelly and Nudge, or Monica with Phix in the library. There has to be all sorts of interesting things going on there right now.
And how long have you been reading Wapsi? The man is a master of Chekov's Gun and the Brick Joke. Any rapid change of gears, or sudden screaming tangents, have an excellent chance of coming into play later. At the very least, we are merely high-stakes Poker players at the mercy of a Fizzbin pro.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

waldosan wrote:BRING ON THY BANHAMMA!
Done!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
as363

Post by as363 »

@ BMONK - - I was thinking more along the lines of a large - dry cavern - inside a granite mountain . And the Pun Jar to have a moibus top that would stretch to accommodate any size of donation presented. That way we should be good for many more months of "Pun"isable comments .

Deposits 4 vandium rings of power - each enclosed in a 50ct. D colour flawless Diamond.
ShneekeyTheLost

Post by ShneekeyTheLost »

bmonk wrote:
shadowinthelight wrote:Well, that was an interesting way to fish for a guy.

And here is a gift for the forum. ...
Ummmm, I hate to mention that when I tried to make my payment recently, I found your nice box had exploded from the variety and quantity of items in it. I suspect we need something like that, only about 5 meters on a side, at a bare minimum. . . .
Only five metres on a side? My good friend, I suspect the vault we shall have to construct will make even Uncle Scrooge McDuck's vault pale in comparison. Well, maybe not, after the donation of the TARDIS with the damaged camoflague unit, but still...
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

We stopped complaining about Pablo's gearshifting techniques years ago. That's why the '54 DeSoto is in the pun vault - it dropped its tranny somewhere in the Wapsi Square* neighborhood of Minneapolis, and we pushed it the rest of the way.**

* - Of course, there really isn't a "Wapsi Square" neighborhood in MPS, but you get the point.
** - True story: I did see a guy in an old VW bug down East 35th in Minneapolis, just before the I-35W on-ramp. Think the guy ran out of gas, actually.

"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
stjen

Post by stjen »

Slightly off-topic, but related to the new forums and threads. Can we all agree to put the strip title *AND* the strip date in the initial subject line? That way we can easily go from thread to thread looking at new stuff, and do so in strip order, without having to remember which came first...

(Personally, my preference would be to start with the date, probably in international / sortable YYYY-MM-DD format, then the strip subject, but I'm not going to go overboard -- let's just get the date in the subject first. Thanks.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

To add to stjen: I'm not sure how strict Paul wants to keep things but in other forums I go to anyone can create normal threads but the official stip threads are usually only created by the author or another moderator. It does help keep order and consistancy.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

Hm. Unless Paul does it himself, I don't see the moderators being able to regularly 'beat' the forum-goers to creating the topic du jour. I'm often working at that time :)
I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Bookworm wrote:Hm. Unless Paul does it himself, I don't see the moderators being able to regularly 'beat' the forum-goers to creating the topic du jour. I'm often working at that time :)
Over at Napalm Luck (the Misfile forum), "Whispers of Sorrow", the mod, manages to get be first most days.

And combines other threads into the official one if someone else gets there first.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
stjen

Post by stjen »

Well -- I see that the Forum Rules posted on the top of each page *does* say to do that:
Forum rules wrote: When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
So, if we can't get the topic originator to fix this, perhaps that's one Moderator duty, to edit the top post (only) of a thread to make it conform to the requested standard. (Not trying to add to your work, just hoping that this one rule is worthy of a post adjustment. Any of the mods should be able to do this, so I'd hope it takes no more time that what it takes to moderate some other annoying post.)
PrettyPrincess

Re: Quirky Girl 2012-08-03

Post by PrettyPrincess »

I've been fixing them as I see them - no worries :ugeek: