Little Tea Pot 2017-09-28

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AnotherFairportfan

Little Tea Pot 2017-09-28

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

So that's what she is.

Someone mentioned that yesterday.
Last edited by AnotherFairportfan on Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Atomic

Re: Little Tea Pot 2017-09-28

Post by Atomic »

New one on me! Reminds me of a zen practice of naming items you use frequently as a sign of respect. You might slam the door on your oven carelessly, but would you want to slam Steve shut?
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Thor

Post by Thor »

There is (naturally) a manga about tsukumogamis.

Tsugumomo

WARNING: The manga linked to above starts out a little ecchi and crudely drawn, but as the story goes on the art gets better as the story gets ecchier.
Dave

Post by Dave »

This may prove to be very interesting indeed. Ruri may be able to bring a perspective to things that none of the other paras would be able to. She's, well, more differently different than they are.

Since she seems to be easily fatigued, somebody ought to knit her a nice cozy. Not the Norns, though.
Drakkenmensch

Post by Drakkenmensch »

Atomic wrote:New one on me! Reminds me of a zen practice of naming items you use frequently as a sign of respect. You might slam the door on your oven carelessly, but would you want to slam Steve shut?
I sure would!

In third grade, STEVE would taunt me every recess and run crying to the yard monitor when I got angry at him, saying I was scaring him. Then he'd laugh at me later and do it every day.

Last day of school, I saw him walking my direction, shit eating grin on his face, his well rehearsed act ready to start. So I went off-script, grabbed him by the collar before he could say a word and beat him senseless, screaming that I'd give him a damn good excuse to cry for once.

No idea why he stayed away from me from that day forward!

So yeah. Steve is very punchable, especially in the face area.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Still not saying that she isn't para-depressed... :ugeek:
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Akasha

Post by Akasha »

i suppose that it is good that some ... ahem ... tools don't get 100 years old. i wonder what a spirit of a ... nevermind ...
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

Akasha wrote:i suppose that it is good that some ... ahem ... tools don't get 100 years old. i wonder what a spirit of a ... nevermind ...
Oh, gods...don't give Sarge ideas.

It's an interesting concept.
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
Dave

Post by Dave »

Just Old Al wrote:It's an interesting concept.
Didn't Al and his associates prove that this would be a gyokuto rather than a kitsune?
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

And those lyrics don't scan. Just saying.

Could be the other Gryphon HS student was not an English major and didn't know how to use scansion in lyrics. Of course the only song I ever sold had less scansion than that, and lots of songs I didn't sell had great scansion.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
eee

Post by eee »

O...kay. This was mentioned as a possibility yesterday, but I'm not sure how it would work. You've got a family, they've used Grandma's teapot for years, treating it with respect and love as she did because it reminds them of her, one day they wake up and it's a baby? Or in Ruri's case transitions right into a teenage girl who has to wait 18 years to go to college? This all strikes me as being kind of up in the air. On the other hand, I would assume the Japanese have something like the MiB that handles such things. Looking at the Wikipedia definition of tsukumogami, it doesn't say they become human, just get a spirit. I wonder if Ruri is a special case...

Ruri is being very... tolerant... of Alana. Unless Alana is exaggerating, though, this suggests Ruri is nobody to treat disrespectfully. I wonder how strong a tsukumogami is?
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Just Old Al wrote:
Akasha wrote:i suppose that it is good that some ... ahem ... tools don't get 100 years old. i wonder what a spirit of a ... nevermind ...

Then there was the story of a very old building with the original coal furnace in the basement, still being fed by a collier dumping coal down a chute into the basement storage bin. Well, mostly original, as it had been updated and repaired various times with new fangled electric stuff and wiring to keep the thing going for over a century. Other than a regular cleaning, however, the metal coal chute had been untouched all this time, although the bin door had its hinges replaced a while back, and a new conveyor installed to feed the furnace when the old one broke some 30 years ago.

The building is abandoned now. Some say it's haunted, not by ghosts it seems, but by a parachute!

My Deviant Art scribbles
Dave

Post by Dave »

Atomic wrote:The building is abandoned now. Some say it's haunted, not by ghosts it seems, but by a parachute!
:shock: ISWYDT (and, oh, for the power to unsee such things...)

I'm not sure the way the chute was treated would qualify as "love". More like "extended servitude" or even "multigenerational abuse"... a century of having dirty, smelly coal forced down your throat. That's going to result in the creation of a very angry spirit, possibly even a vengeful one, focused on the family who owned the building. A spirit which will do everything in its power to scuttle their plans and put a clinker in their boot.

And they called it Cinderhella.
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

Dave wrote:
Atomic wrote:The building is abandoned now. Some say it's haunted, not by ghosts it seems, but by a parachute!
:shock: ISWYDT (and, oh, for the power to unsee such things...)

I'm not sure the way the chute was treated would qualify as "love". More like "extended servitude" or even "multigenerational abuse"... a century of having dirty, smelly coal forced down your throat. That's going to result in the creation of a very angry spirit, possibly even a vengeful one, focused on the family who owned the building. A spirit which will do everything in its power to scuttle their plans and put a clinker in their boot.

And they called it Cinderhella.
{Sound of Webley cocking}

Pun jar. Now.
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

And right there, Rizomer, is why this forum is teh beste!

Tosses a hand carved anthracite miniature statue of "Faceless" from Spirited Away into the Pun Jar.

Dave is on his own with this.

My Deviant Art scribbles
Dave

Post by Dave »

Dave places into the Pun Jar a collection of bits of precious metal (gold, silver, platinum, and rare earth elements - we'll skip the uranium) painstakingly extracted from a hundred year's worth of coal fly ash and bottom ash.

Dave suggests that the remainder of the ash can be used to make concrete, and that this concrete could be used to make a very nice altar upon which the family can show respect to the spirit-of-the-coal-chute.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Just Old Al wrote:

By the power of the great Flying Spaghetti Monster i believe yall have figured out the origin of the Incubus.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Too many more bad jokes like this, and someone might need one...
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

oldmanmickey wrote: By the power of the great Flying Spaghetti Monster i believe yall have figured out the origin of the Incubus.
It can't be that simple - that would just succubus.

{deposits several sets of rechargeable batteries and a charger in the Pun Jar}
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Just Old Al wrote:
oldmanmickey wrote:By the power of the great Flying Spaghetti Monster i believe yall have figured out the origin of the Incubus.
It can't be that simple - that would just succubus.

{deposits several sets of rechargeable batteries and a charger in the Pun Jar}
Would a succubus become clumsy from a blunder-bus?

/deposits a guided missal in the pun jar/

--FreeFlier