A Little Distracted 2017-09-15

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
oldmanmickey

A Little Distracted 2017-09-15

Post by oldmanmickey »

Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
oldmanmickey

Re: A Little Distracted 2017-09-15

Post by oldmanmickey »

Oh yea tell them all about the boy in your room and both of you naked. They wont tell a soul
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

You think anyone knows about Reginald? I mean anyone at the table, I'm sure Aunt Bud knows about him.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
JSStryker

Post by JSStryker »

I sure hope the psycho Fae that was taken into custody and is 2 years ahead of them isn’t Cricket…
Vive la weird!
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

"And, when did you start with lipstick?"
Thor

Post by Thor »

JSStryker wrote:I sure hope the psycho Fae that was taken into custody and is 2 years ahead of them isn’t Cricket…
They are in 7th grade.
Cricket just graduated high school.

tl;dr version: NO
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Wait, has the comic ever said that Cricket was in the same year as Atsali? At the high I went to, we were all mixed up, except for year-specific classes and whether or not you had the first lunch period or the second.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Alkarii wrote:Wait, has the comic ever said that Cricket was in the same year as Atsali? At the high I went to, we were all mixed up, except for year-specific classes and whether or not you had the first lunch period or the second.
At the high school I went to, aside from band and sports there was very little mixing more than +/- one grade. And most of that little was family-centered.

Even the classes that weren't designed to be year-specific, for the most part, effectively were close to it (again +/- one grade) because of prerequisites.

Calista immediately fell in with Atsali's crowd and was comfortable there. I don't recall her hanging out with any of Castela's classmates - only Castela, and that only when Atsali was also present. Fits the pattern I saw in high school, with Calista being within a year of Atsali's age.
Thor

Post by Thor »

Alkarii wrote:Wait, has the comic ever said that Cricket was in the same year as Atsali? At the high I went to, we were all mixed up, except for year-specific classes and whether or not you had the first lunch period or the second.
In this strip, Atsali says that Cricket "is a new student at Gryphon High".

Now Atsali could just be assuming, but Cricket didn't correct her, so I'm going with it being canon. And since Atsali was a freshman that year, and we saw Cricket just before Atsali graduated, we can stongly infer that Cricket was also a freshman at the same time Atsali was.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

She welcomed Digit to school this year, so she was in the same year as Atsali (at least).
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Dave

Post by Dave »

Thor wrote:Now Atsali could just be assuming, but Cricket didn't correct her, so I'm going with it being canon. And since Atsali was a freshman that year, and we saw Cricket just before Atsali graduated, we can stongly infer that Cricket was also a freshman at the same time Atsali was.
I think your reasoning is quite sound. In the absence of any canon word from Pablo to the contrary, it seems to me that what you suggest is Occam's Razor... it's the simplest consistent explanation.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Ah! I forgot that happened when Atsali was a freshman.

Also, that's actually a good look for Castela.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

The eyes are sorta weird...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Lil' Pickle is sporting (perhaps unconsciously) a more refined look; lipstick type lip definition, hair in an up-do, eyes a bit more glammed up, etc.

And then, in the midst of holding her 'passing for normal human' aspect she's a bit unraveled by her more immediate distraction; look at that other eyeball become her natural vision-stalk for example.

"Castela, Are you OK?..." yeah, she's OK alright. Suuuuure...