Hit Some Tachigui 2017-09-14

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
JSStryker

Hit Some Tachigui 2017-09-14

Post by JSStryker »

Vive la weird!
Drakkenmensch

Re: Hit Some Tachigui 2017-09-14

Post by Drakkenmensch »

It's only been a few minutes since their first meeting and poor Atsali is already locked in hesitation at interpreting Skylar's reaction.

(Damn your ninja-like posting reflexes, JSStryker! You beat me by a few seconds!)
JSStryker

Post by JSStryker »

Drakkenmensch wrote:(Damn your ninja-like posting reflexes, JSStryker! You beat me by a few seconds!)
Kept expecting someone to beat me to the posting! :lol:
Vive la weird!
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

I kept reading tamiguichi . . .

Wasn't that an electronic pocket pet years ago?

And Skylar seems less than impressed . . . I wonder how she'll react when she realizes how oblivious our favorite siren/succubus is?

And they should still do "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" . . . we don't need another unconscious bear incident.

--FreeFlier
Thor

Post by Thor »

For those of you too lazy to google it, tachigui is eating while standing. As an American, this seems like a perfectly silly way to spend your time eating, but it is quite commonplace in Japan.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Thor wrote:For those of you too lazy to google it, tachigui is eating while standing. As an American, this seems like a perfectly silly way to spend your time eating, but it is quite commonplace in Japan.
Well due to their populations density space is at a premium so it makes sense. Having a few Japanese friends that were attending college here we used to spend a lot of time talking about the culture differences. They seemed to find our obsession with guns fascinating. That and what we considered here a small house they said would fit 3 families.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

FreeFlier wrote:I kept reading tamiguichi . . .

Wasn't that an electronic pocket pet years ago?

And Skylar seems less than impressed . . . I wonder how she'll react when she realizes how oblivious our favorite siren/succubus is?

And they should still do "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" . . . we don't need another unconscious bear incident.

--FreeFlier
Yes- electronic thingy- my daughter had one and was not amused when I refused to take it to work and "feed" it, "clean" it since they were banned from her school.

My interpretation of Skylar's reaction is that she put on a neutral facial expression while talking just to mess with Atsali- in a friendly way that is...