All That With You 2017-09-08

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

All That With You 2017-09-08

Post by AmriloJim »

jwhouk

Re: All That With You 2017-09-08

Post by jwhouk »

Skylar is looking a bit different than when we first met her.

And yes, Skylar, she does.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

I wonder why she looks so different now... I didn't recognize her at all. Oh, wait, duh! She's wearing a shirt, not nipple tape!

But then, she could be wearing the tape under the shirt...
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
Akasha

Post by Akasha »

i can't help myself, but i am still thinking about the fetish site in her favourites, and toothpaste ...
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Wonder what Stali's first thoughts were?
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

oldmanmickey wrote:Wonder what Stali's first thoughts were?
"I wonder where I'm gonna put all this stuff."
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Alkarii wrote:I wonder why she looks so different now... I didn't recognize her at all. Oh, wait, duh! She's wearing a shirt, not nipple tape!

But then, she could be wearing the tape under the shirt...
Do elbows count?
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
eee

Post by eee »

Ah, college room-mates. The great test of human adaptability and tolerance. The background is rather intriguing, though.

Where do you get caps like Atsali's I wonder...?

I assume that's a band-aide on Skylar's arm. I wonder if this presages clumsiness on her part.
Dave

Post by Dave »

eee wrote:Where do you get caps like Atsali's I wonder...?
It rather resembles a variety of Victorian wool cap styles, such as

That page has an image of a woman's version of the Spitfire style as well. Neither is exactly what Atsali is wearing, but they're in the ballpark...
eee wrote:I assume that's a band-aide on Skylar's arm.
Her boyfriend is a roadie??
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Back in the day we called them 'Apple Caps'...
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

She wore that cap when she was attempting to ask Jacob out on a date.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Twiggy had a cap like that (and a matching outfit) back in the '60s.

Actually she had several of those but that was the only image I could find in several pages of Google Images.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Thor

Post by Thor »

If I were a young para, moving into a dorm room, I would immediately suggest that the roomie and I show each other all the various manifestations of our para-forms. The reason being so that if one walked in on the other and saw them in their "true form" no one would be freaking out. It would be "Oh, that's just Dave, not some unexpected monster." This would also help each other make allowances for things that might affect the common living area, like shedding of skin, fur, feathers, etc.

If they have not yet had the "Hi, I'm Skylar, and I'm a succubus" conversation yet, they really should have that as the next words that come out of the their mouths. With Skylar being a succubus, and Atsali being a siren/incubus mix, it is important that they identify the issues that these para-types might raise, long before they become problems.
Thor

Post by Thor »

TazManiac wrote:Back in the day we called them 'Apple Caps'...
The most common nomenclature for that piece of headgear is a "Newsboy Cap", though it is also known as Baker Boy, Bandit Cap, Apple Cap, Eight Piece Cap, Eight Panel, Cabbie, Jay Gatsby (from The Great Gatsby), Fisherman's Cap, Newsy Cap, Pageboy, Applejack Hat, Lundberg Stetson, Chiz Hat, 8/4 Cap, Panel Cap and the Poor Boy Cap.

Women's styles can be taller and/or puffier, but they are all essentially the same kind of hat.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Yeah, thats going to bring a whole new level to Student Orientation...

PS- Further investigations led me to a site that sells hats (of which I have no affiliation) but offers seemingly knowledgeable history on hat styles and naming conventions...

http://www.hatpeople.com/cuts/tourcut.html

edit- Thor beat me to filling out the other names...
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Thor wrote:If I were a young para, moving into a dorm room, I would immediately suggest that the roomie and I show each other all the various manifestations of our para-forms. The reason being so that if one walked in on the other and saw them in their "true form" no one would be freaking out. It would be "Oh, that's just Dave, not some unexpected monster." This would also help each other make allowances for things that might affect the common living area, like shedding of skin, fur, feathers, etc.

If they have not yet had the "Hi, I'm Skylar, and I'm a succubus" conversation yet, they really should have that as the next words that come out of the their mouths. With Skylar being a succubus, and Atsali being a siren/incubus mix, it is important that they identify the issues that these para-types might raise, long before they become problems.
"Hi! I'm Leslie, and I'm a mimic. What would you like me to be?"
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Not only does she have giant boobs, sweetie, but have you noticed she's a foot taller than you are?

And that's her human form.

Wait'll you see her warbird morph.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

oldmanmickey wrote:Wonder what Stali's first thoughts were?
Given her look carrying all those boxes, possibly something along the lines of, "My lungs can function again! Oh, hey, my roommate. But yay, oxygen!"
eee wrote:I assume that's a band-aide on Skylar's arm. I wonder if this presages clumsiness on her part.
Maybe it holds her arm on, sort of like Tina's choker might keep Tina's head attached. . .
Thor wrote:If I were a young para, moving into a dorm room, I would immediately suggest that the roomie and I show each other all the various manifestations of our para-forms. The reason being so that if one walked in on the other and saw them in their "true form" no one would be freaking out. It would be "Oh, that's just Dave, not some unexpected monster." This would also help each other make allowances for things that might affect the common living area, like shedding of skin, fur, feathers, etc.

Well, apparently the school already sent each of them information on each other; remember how Atsali was all panicked over whether to call Skylar up and talk with her months ago? Perhaps the information included a species identifier or something.
Thor

Post by Thor »

Catawampus wrote: Well, apparently the school already sent each of them information on each other; remember how Atsali was all panicked over whether to call Skylar up and talk with her months ago? Perhaps the information included a species identifier or something.
I just want to know whose bright idea it was to room a succubus and a siren in the same room together. Was the assumption that they would be immune to each other and would therefor eliminate to problems at once?
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Thor wrote:
Catawampus wrote: Well, apparently the school already sent each of them information on each other; remember how Atsali was all panicked over whether to call Skylar up and talk with her months ago? Perhaps the information included a species identifier or something.
I just want to know whose bright idea it was to room a succubus and a siren in the same room together. Was the assumption that they would be immune to each other and would therefor eliminate to problems at once?
Remember - Big Bird is part-succubus, herzelf.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.