Stupid Boy 2017-09-05

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Alkarii

Re: Stupid Boy 2017-09-05

Post by Alkarii »

And I just now realized that she's been around for longer than a year, both in real time and in comic time, so the closest it could be to her is someone she knew.

Still, with her being royalty, I wonder how he'd react to Calista?
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Alkarii wrote:Unless Cricket had something to do with him being turned into a butterfly...

Although, that would be one hell of a coincidence.
I just can't make the timing work out for that. Hiroshi said that he'd been a butterfly for about a year. Cricket arrived at Gryphon roughly 4 years ago (there was a 156-week/3-year time skip), at which point she was put under the jurisdiction of the Jaguar Girl. Monica made it very clear to Cricket that if she messed up again, and did any further stereotypically-Fae-sociopathic things which hurt people, she'd be facing dire consequences and would lose her last chance at redemption.

For Calista to have turned Hiroshi into a butterfly would have been a near-suicidal stunt for her to pull.
Alkarii wrote:And I just now realized that she's been around for longer than a year, both in real time and in comic time, so the closest it could be to her is someone she knew.

Still, with her being royalty, I wonder how he'd react to Calista?
Yup.

The culprit could certainly have been a Fae girl who is part of Cricket's social circle (or even her extended family; I think I recall that she's an only child).
AmriloJim wrote:I can picture that pique of vengeance coming from Cricket's former mindset.
From all we've been told, that sort of casual [ab]use of magical power is characteristic of the Fae, and a big part of the reason why Ordinary Decent Paras are reluctant to have anything to do with them (and human legends seem to agree with the Wapsi story on this point). It seems as if the Fae are the triacetone triperoxide of paranormals... trying to "make" one can turn your hair white, and the relationship is likely to blow up in your face without warning. :twisted:
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Opus the Poet wrote:Just a question, are blackthorns self-pollinating? :ugeek:

Or to put the question differently, if Castel was sufficiently aroused could she get herself preggers? :twisted:
I looked it up and blackthorns are insect-pollinated. So Castel will need a partner to become preggers. If she reproduces will she reproduce like blackthorns and produce berries with seeds inside that have to be planted until something grows?

Anyone remember Science Officer Ficus from the TV Show <u>Quark</u> back in the mid 70s? Laying on his (?) back and waiting for the bee?
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Drakkenmensch

Post by Drakkenmensch »

Castella is feeling thorny for him :D

*drops a quarter in the pun jar*
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Psst! Try using the [ and ] symbols, instead of < and >.
Thor

Post by Thor »

Atomic wrote:
Thor wrote:On a plant, the flower is where they keep their reproductive organs.

Just putting that out there.
So is she!
I was hoping that if I lobbed that softball, someone would take a swing at it.
sheik wrote:We have yet another complication to consider.
If Hiroshi goes to Castela's school, Calista might take a shine to Hiroshi and that means yet another triangle to vex Castela.
Um, don't think so. Calista was in Atsali's class...which just graduated.
Alkarii wrote:Unless Cricket had something to do with him being turned into a butterfly...

Although, that would be one hell of a coincidence.
Not very likely. Cricket was put under the watchful scrutiny of the Jaguar Girl early on in her Freshman year. Considering that Cricket was a graduating senior this year, that would mean that Cricket would have had to enchant him in her Junior year, after a couple of years of Monica's tutelage. I don't think that Cricket under Monica would try something that evil, and even if she did, I don't think she would be able to keep Monica from finding out. Since Cricket was still alive and a student in good standing, the chances of her doing it are ludicrously small.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

It's still possible that Cricket unintentionally did it with an anxiety arc, though that would additionally require that neither Cricket nor Monica was aware of the effect on Hiroshi/Reginald.
Wolf-who-watches wrote:What is time to a wolf?

/noselick/
Mmm . . . Point.

How accurate is a butterfly's time-sense?

And that presumes that Reginald/Hiroshi didn't have an amnesiac episode from the mental/emotional trauma.

--FreeFlier
edited for grammar
Last edited by FreeFlier on Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

AmriloJim wrote:I can picture that pique of vengeance coming from Cricket's former mindset.
Yeah, but i don't see her being the one.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Yeah, I'd only pointed the finger at her because she's the only other fae we'd seen. I'd later shot down my own theory because I had forgotten a lot of the details. Plus, given that she's royalty, I don't know if she'd be allowed to ask out just any boy, let alone one who isn't even fully fae, as Hiroshi is only half fae.

There's also the fact that most girls who are seniors in high school won't ask out a guy who is much younger than them. (In high school, being more than just a few months apart is a huge age gap.)